Any Clothing Sites Tips?
    Hi

I have a clothing site which gets about 700 uniques a day. The current content is basically a list of online clothing stores with details about what they offer, brands etc...

I've tried programs from CJ and Clixgalore but there are hardly any conversions. The CTR is also not very good as far as I can tell. Maybe 100 of those 700 are continuing to the merchant's store (what's a good CTR btw, I am kind of new at this) and as mentioned, almost no conversions.

Any tips on what should my marketing strategy be? Programs recommendations?

thanks.

Lightbulb
    do you make individual pages for some of the merchants? as a for-instance, clothing merchants in Shareasale have provided datafeeds and you can make pages using the make a page tool.

What do you have a hard time finding when you're shopping for clothes online? (The answer to that is probably a good idea for a site.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Herb: about 95% percent of visitors are arriving at the homepage and not inner pages, inner pages are categorized by brand or type of clothing. Since most of the visitors come to the home page I put most of my efforts on that which could be a mistake since it probably has too many ads on it and doesn't bring out a clear message. However, up until now all the messages I've been trying to get through don't work.

Michael: To be honest I don't shop for clothes online, that must be part of the problem... But I can't just abandon the site because of that, gotta learn!

So, why don't you shop for clothes online? What would make you shop for clothes online?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I'm a little surprised the visitors don't also enter via inner pages very much. Then does that mean you are using banner ads with javascript? That would not get the interest of the search engines.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    What do you have a hard time finding when you're shopping for clothes online?
    For me, clothes that don't make me look as old as I am.

Internet Cowboy
    Clothing is too broad. Sportswear, eveningwear or activewear are somewhat smaller and more focused. Dress clothing for large-sized people or even small people is much more suited to gaining traffic that is more focused.

A site featuring only garments that are 90% or more cotton is even tighter. Tighten the focus, then get 700 uniques a day looking for that content. You will have something there that makes money.

Best of luck

Keywords are very important for clothes. What are people looking for? Chiffon evening dresses? Knitted tunic tops? Hippie patchwork pants?

Also, it's always good to start by observing other similar sites to see how they operate ... not only will you learn from them but discover things that could have improved your shopping experience.

Doing some online shopping yourself would also help! Always try to be both the shopper and the seller to understand your business well.

Well I think you should have an online fashion designer that can help customer's questions with regards to their problems in choosing the right and perfect clothes for their body types.

Its just an added bonus for the clients actually. just something novel to attract more traffic. ;-)

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by krelian
    To be honest I don't shop for clothes online
    your visitors are probably the same as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by krelian
    Hi

I have a clothing site which gets about 700 uniques a day. The current content is basically a list of online clothing stores with details about what they offer, brands etc...
    So why should anyone go to your site? They can find that out from some search, sounds like you have little other than a banner farm.

You need to provide some reason for people to visit your site, or somehow a way for them to find your site over the competition. This is not specific to clothing sites, but to any site.

here's an idea...what about a fashion wizard, where you pull down:
    Size
    Height/Weight
    Type of clothing (ie occasion: are you looking for formal, informal?)
    Favorite Colors

And rather than a la carte jeans, oxfords, shoes, etc., your wizard recommends complete outfits!
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

ABW Ambassador
    Apparel sites take a LOT of maintenance and updating if they're not done as automated as possible.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread