<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ABW = affiliate marketing not political forum. This kind of stuff is much more fun at a family reunion. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the "<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Lounge

Midnight Café

Just finished another 3am coding session? Grab a coffee and meet fellow webmasters here to discuss issues and news. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

If you want to convince Haiko to open that stupid thread be my guest because I could care less. I only try an step in when things get out of hand or stupid.

PS if you want to get all tech about the rules

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Board Moderation
    Board moderators' decisions (editing, moving, deleting of single posts or entire threads) are final. You will accept this. Also, you will not re-edit a message that has already been edited by a moderator out of defiance of the original edit.
    Starting discussing such a decision on the board, will get you either a ban-warning or banned.
    If you feel that you have be treated wrongly, send an email with your complaints to haiko@abestweb.com and we will look into it and review the decision made. During the review period we may disable your access to the board and/or close the appropriate thread. Any creation of new aliases on the board by an offender will immediately result in full denial of review and a full ban. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't give a hoot about the original topic.

Just pointing out that the whole Midnight Cafe topic indicates that items in the news are of general interest and are encouraged to be discussed in this area of the forum. Items in the news will, of course, include politics and from time to time engender strong feeling.

What's wrong with that? Sometimes, having more insight into how a person thinks and what motivates them can have a direct impact on affiliate decisions. After all, we do listen to each other and either follow advise given here or ignore it as we feel appropriate depending on who said it, don't we?

Midnight Cafe has been a very good thing. Having an area for these discussions keeps them from landing all over the place which they would no doubt do without Midnight Cafe.

Haiko showed a lot of insight into human nature when he gave us a place for these topics, knowing they would (1) occur somewhere on the board anyhow and (2) give a stronger feeling of community.

We can't have our noses to the grindstone all the time. In addition to making the board more interesting, I bet a lot of folks look here a lot oftener than they look at the news. If something big happens, they are likely to read it on ABW first!

And, after 911, it was very needed to have a place here for such discussion. Don't you think so, too?

I didn't mind the topic being closed for the reason "enough of this, already". It was the reason given that I found incongruous for this area of ABW. Actually, I believe you were most likely thinking "enough of this, already" rather than wanting to discourage politacal discussion in the news area of ABW. I hope that's right.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

[This message was edited by SSanf on October 02, 2002 at 07:13 AM.]

heyder I just noticed you are from Wisconsins. How many Wisconsins are there. I hope not to many because that is lot of cheese.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

ONE WISCONSIN!

On....Wisconsin

Yep, I am one.

Doc

PS.. Go Pack

"I spent most of my money on
    Gambling, Whiskey and Women.
    The rest I just wasted."

Dr-Fix-It!

Ssanf I guess my statement was just missudderstood (wisconsin joke). I closed the thread because it was getting to be a fight between differing values. I will for as long as I'm a moderator close threads for this reason.

My comment was only to be taken as advice to those of us that have boiling blood when we talk about politics. Basically if the conversation is going to start an arguement I don't think it's appropriate for abw.

I will myself just as I hope you all continue to talk about the daily news, politics etc it's just that I won't let it get out of hand.

PS GWB for 2004!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread