Affiliate Manager
    E-Books, eh?
    Now I haven't been around for an incredibly long time, but it seems to me that the majority of E-Books being sold are a complete joke. I don't mean to say that the authors of these books don't know what they are talking about, but it just seems to me like you can learn just about anything you wanted to on Affiliate marketing, SEO, or what have you from free resources on the web. Either through forums, blogs, free articles, magazines and e-zines there is a plethora of information out there. However, I also know that people are impulsive and make purchases without fully investigating the topic. This scenario seems to work out pretty well for the so-called experts selling E-books and the affiliates recruited to help sell these books making plenty of money from some unsuspecting schmo who doesnt realize he can obtain all the information in the E-Book from rooting around online for a bit. The thing that I feel is a joke is that these people are interested in starting something online, but they dont even have the understanding of how vast and informative the Internet is. I dont think E-Book authors are bad people, they are smart marketers taking advantage of feeble minded people with credit cards. I personally have learned everything I know to this point through free resources, reading and sifting through and making sense of it all. Sorry about the rant, but I dreamt of E-Books chasin me in a dream last night.

Seems to be true
    Yeah I agree that most e-books being sold today about affiliate marketing, seo, etc are focused on impulse buyers looking for a magic solution to their problems. While some e-books may contain useful basic info, I think that newbie affiliate marketers shouldn't have to wade through pages of hype, big promises and deceptive sounding sales pitches. Do these types of people give affiliate marketing a bad name? I have read a couple of e-books with tactics that are basically new forms of . What do you think?

Event-Mark

I agree that there are alot of 'crappola' ebooks found on the web ... but I also know that there are a few golden nugget ebooks out there as well. I think the 'perceived value' of any ebook should be based on it's own merit of offerings and by the purchaser themselves.

If the ebook contains adequate information on a subject that interests the end user and the content condensed to make the end-users life easier in locating all the right info & tools on the subject they are looking for ... then an ebook can be a valuable instrument to the end-user ... and in most cases they do not mind paying a small price for this information. This same ebook that one person thinks is a golden nugget worthy of purchasing could also be viewed as absolute garbage to others.

Some people do have the time to do intensive research study and locate the right info on their own without spending a single penny ... these are often the people that say 'I can locate this stuff on the Internet' at no charge ... which is usually a true statement for the most part ... but ebook marketers should not be labeled as 'smart marketers taking advantage of feeble minded people with credit cards' as a whole.

In my opinion the value of digital ebooks are measured by the individuals need. eBooks still sell rather well on the Internet even today.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Good insight
    Good insight Wiz. Didn't mean to label all e-book marketers as taking advantage, since I promote e-books as well and have found some of them very useful.

I have never been a fan of the e-Book, but it is probably because I am such a bibliophile!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread