Unhappy Any chance of a reply to one of my emails?
    I sent a few emails over the last few weeks to AR, I was interested in joining some of the Shae a Sale programs run by Andy Rodriguez. No replies, no acknowledgements. I then joined the Magazines Quick program anyway, and sent another email in reply to the Automated Welcome email I received from AR, asking for some help on the DataFeeds. No reply again. What do I have to do to get a response? Disappointed!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luboff
    I sent a few emails over the last few weeks to AR, I was interested in joining some of the Shae a Sale programs run by Andy Rodriguez. No replies, no acknowledgements. I then joined the Magazines Quick program anyway, and sent another email in reply to the Automated Welcome email I received from AR, asking for some help on the DataFeeds. No reply again. What do I have to do to get a response? Disappointed!
    Luboff,

We get tons of email spam (over 4,000) daily due to the many emails we have in circulation on the web, my apologies if it was missed or caught by one of our spam filters. This forum is a great way to reach us, one centralized location that we check daily.

We also use IM daily, almost hourly with all our merchants and over 800 affiliates. If you resend your email today, I will clear my spam folder and be on the lookout for it.

You can always reach us at 305-412-3512 and 305-785-4524 as well.

Thanks,
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I have the same problem. I sent a request to use images from one of your merchants websites and didn't get a reply. I also sent an email about posting new links and wanted to make sure the way I used them was OK with you/merchant.

Should I just copy those to you in a PM here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    I have the same problem. I sent a request to use images from one of your merchants websites and didn't get a reply. I also sent an email about posting new links and wanted to make sure the way I used them was OK with you/merchant.

Should I just copy those to you in a PM here?
    PM's work, more spam proof than emails for sure.

Best way, really and instant is IM if you use any service. Ask any of the affiliates on this forum that communicate with us via IM. It's really a great solution.

AIM: affiliatedoctor
    Yahoo: affiliatedoctor@yahoo.com
    MSN: affiliatedoctor@hotmail.com

And don't send email to the MSN or Yahoo emails, thats a spam hole ...

We are constantly looking for an email solution but the amount of spam we get is really an issue...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Thanks Andy, appreciate the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    Thanks Andy, appreciate the reply.
    Anytime Mack....

We are on the PC an average of 10 hours per day, both me and Emilio answer a ton of email but the ones that trip the spam filters we don't see daily. I do try and go in there on the weekends never get through it all .... and it just builds up to damm fast ...

Never mind. Looks like aim is a good choice since I already use the affskypelist.

Andy, It may be a bad idea, but consider a Help Center Ticket system like Brian has at SAS. You could limit it to ARC affiliates. 4000 spams is way too much background noise. Hey, it's just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    Andy, It may be a bad idea, but consider a Help Center Ticket system like Brian has at SAS. You could limit it to ARC affiliates. 4000 spams is way too much background noise. Hey, it's just a thought.
    J, its a great idea and one we had tossed aorund last year but left on the table. Maybe it's time to re visit it. Anyone has any suggestions on a provider or software that you have used and like?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    We are constantly looking for an email solution but the amount of spam we get is really an issue...
    How about one of those services that verify the sender is a real person before you ever see their email? I have a few affiliates who use that, and although it's a bit of a pain for me (because I have to fish those verification emails out of the pile of bounce notices) I can see how it'd be great to really knock down the spam levels.

How it works is:
    1) Incoming emails go to their system
    2) They email the sender an automated "verification" email
    3) If the sender validates, their email is then delivered to your inbox
    4) If they don't validate themselves, their email is deleted (usually after about 3 days)

The validation itself is simple--either just click a link, or go to a specified page and type in a CAPTCHA.

I'm not sure of the names of the companies now...but if you send out a newsletter via SAS and watch the responses, you should get some of these validations back, and they have the names of the companies all over 'em Just make sure to say something worth reading as you come up with an excuse to trigger the system!

It's kind of hard to fish 'em out of a pile of regular bounce notices that sending a newsletter brings back, but they usually have something like "validate" in the subject so it's doable.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I use one like leader is referring to called Choicemail , but still think a help desk would be easier. One like this wouldn't be to bad for the lite version at $150. Check the demo.

SourceForge has a bunch of free ones if you like to go that route.

Brian from SAS might be the man to advise here.

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    I use one like leader is referring to called Choicemail , but still think a help desk would be easier. One like this wouldn't be to bad for the lite version at $150. Check the demo.

SourceForge has a bunch of free ones if you like to go that route.

Brian from SAS might be the man to advise here.
    FYI

We've just inquired with a company and have a meeting with them on Thursday. Thanks for the suggestions!

Emilio
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Hi Andy,

I've got a helpdesk system that I'll give you that may be of use. Check your PM for info and a download link.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Thanks Ray, I'll ask Andy to check that.

Thanks again,
    Emilio Yepez
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Lightbulb
    I use one like Leader is referring to called Choicemail ,
    I recognize that name; yes, that's one of the ones I've seen!

There's another one like it, too...but I probably won't remember what that other one's called either, until I see its name again.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Thanks Andy for the reply. I've solved one of the queries, I'll try and make contact on AIM for the other

Does this mean that when I replied to your signup welcome email telling me that I'd get $$$ for signing up and posting new links, send us an email saying where, it got dumped into spam and ignored? I did on 2 merchants and never got a reply.

Not that the little bonus means anything. Telling someone to email you and then ignoring it because you get too much spam isn't the best way to do business. How do your merchants and affiliates communicate with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Schooner
    Does this mean that when I replied to your signup welcome email telling me that I'd get $$$ for signing up and posting new links, send us an email saying where, it got dumped into spam and ignored? I did on 2 merchants and never got a reply.
    No, if you replied to the encoded email as directed on the welcome email you received, you see that the subject is coded with your affiliate ID. Those are filtered and go to the respective merchant CAB folders for processing once a month, end of the month as mentioned on the welcome email.

Not that the little bonus means anything. Telling someone to email you and then ignoring it because you get too much spam isn't the best way to do business.
    The small bonuses mean alot, it get you active and ready to earn high commissions. It's that small bonus that primes the pump and allows you to generate income.[/quote]

How do your merchants and affiliates communicate with you?
    Best is IM, phone and email, in that order .....

I started this thread. After the reply from Andy on this forum, I contacted him on ICQ this afternoon, he was really helpful and spent a lot of time with me answering the queries I had and discussing other things as well. Part way through he had to go offline to be on a Radio Broadcast about Affiliate Marketing, but asked me to call him back at a certain time. We then continued the discussion and I learnt some useful stuff, its stopped me going down one route, which could have been a problem. The one thing I now realise is that the best way to contact Andy is definitely through AIM or ICQ. The amount of email he receives makes it difficult to react quickly through email. I think ICQ is simplest, you just get his ICQ number, its on his site etc, and enter it. No email address to worry about.

I too am available for any questions or assistance via:

IM: AIM affiliateagle or ICQ 373990580 or at emilio@andyrodriguez.com

Thanks
    Last edited by Affiliate Eagle; March 14th, 2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: erorr
    Emilio Yepez
    Follow Me On My Twitter

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread