Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Question Other networks
    Hi all it's been a while!

As you know we have our own in-house along with the SAS network and it's all doing fine.

Other than SAS, what network do you suggest that treats the affiliates right?

Bob

http and a telephoto
    You need to be a reliable merchant to do well on any network.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    "Other than SAS, what network do you suggest that treats the affiliates right?"

Besides SAS, there's also Avantlink and if you're a bigger brand Buy.at, from the looks of it and the people behind it.

Many of the benefits of being part of a parasite-free network like SAS, AvantLink, or AffiliateFuture are lost when you open up your program on networks that aren't parasite-free (or even in-house).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    AvantLink, or AffiliateFuture
    So you like those two in addition to SAS, correct?

What about LinkConnector, any thoughts?

Why the new user name here at ABW? You already had Pets Warehouse in use here.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I tried that, but it said no such user?

Can that be checked by Heiko or a Mod?

Haiko may need to do that. I went into the Moderator section and found you listed as Pets Warehouse (with a space between the two) and also found all your previous posts. email Haiko and see if he can change it for you (if you want it changed).

Also it was a Henry listed under that user name, not a Bob, so it may be more appropriate that you use a new username if you are not Henry.

Back to the question, this is a question asked here every week almost. Use the search button above and you'll find pages and pages of responses going back several years. My vote, of course, is for SAS. As an OPM I have found their service and reputation to be outstanding.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Thanks Ron,

I emailed Haiko.

SAS is good as a merchant I have no complaints at all.

I know Brian can't have every affiliate also.

I was just looking to expand our affiliate base by adding perhaps another network.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by PetsWarehouse.com
    SAS is good as a merchant I have no complaints at all.

I know Brian can't have every affiliate also.

I was just looking to expand our affiliate base by adding perhaps another network.
    Quick question: are you relying solely on Brian to get the affiliates to you and your program, Bob?

Geno

Merging the old account with this new one.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    Hi Bob,

Happy to chat with you ;-) My contact information is below, don't hesitate to give me a shout (or vice-versa!)

Thanks,
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

http and a telephoto
    Bob, you might want to introduce yourself if you are new to Pets Warehouse. As pointed out, Henry was the past contact.
    Deborah Carney

Sure good idea, Henry is no longer doing the affiliate management; heís still with the company in another capacity.

I work primarily on the pet products databases; itís almost a full time job taking care of the updates 43,000 items with constant changes. As an example Hagen pet products just changed all their sku numbers-all their 2600 products plus all the picís had to be linked up again. I do major updates on our data feed monthly, which I feel is sufficient.

Anyway I felt the company could handle more business easily on the website bandwidth wise, we have our own in-house servers. All the shipping is done from our warehouse nothing is contracted or dropped shipped so good controls are in place.

Therefore, we are interested in expanding our affiliate base, which is why Iím asking about good networks to perhaps join.

Bob

Hi Bob,

It doesn't sound like you need to add another network to the mix but start actively recruiting. It is not the network that does the recruiting but the affiliate manager. Affiliates are going to have accounts at multiple, if not all networks. If you have a good, clean program, that produces, affiliates will come to you on whichever network you are on (with recruiting efforts of course). IMO.
    KK

I was just going to say the same thing as Kristin. Too often companies expand or move to other networks thinking the current one is not doing as well as expected when in fact the merchant has not promoted the program. Looking back at the old Pets Warehouse threads here (and it has been a while), it appears there has been little to no effort to promote your program here at ABW. If you are serious about getting more affiliates, getting more affilaite sales, then invest in your own forum here and/or hire a dedicated affiliate manager or an outsourced affiliate manager.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

http and a telephoto
    Is your datafeed available in Shareasale? Are you taking advantage of all Shareasale has to offer? Adding another network to the mix will make more work for you and not necessarily help you recruit more *active* affiliates.

There are lots of people looking for good pet merchants. In the past your program has had issues. If you have revamped and are looking to recruit, get a new announcement, put yourself out there for review and show the affiliates what is new and different and better about your program.
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I was just going to say the same thing as Kristin. Too often companies expand or move to other networks thinking the current one is not doing as well as expected when in fact the merchant has not promoted the program. Looking back at the old Pets Warehouse threads here (and it has been a while), it appears there has been little to no effort to promote your program here at ABW. If you are serious about getting more affiliates, getting more affilaite sales, then invest in your own forum here and/or hire a dedicated affiliate manager or an outsourced affiliate manager.
    KK

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Is your datafeed available in Shareasale? Are you taking advantage of all Shareasale has to offer?
    A while back they tried working with Brian @ SAS to upload the datafeed, but I was told that Brian couldn't get his code to interface with the shopping cart.

Maybe Brian can review it again?

Bob

If you are serious about getting more affiliates, getting more affilaite sales, then invest in your own forum here and/or hire a dedicated affiliate manager or an outsourced affiliate manager.
    As far as outsourcing we thought about it, but it's always a matter of cost.

We tried using Kowabunga and spent money with no results.

If someone was going to do it on a performance based basis we would entertain that perhaps.

The forum here was working ok, may even reconsider that again.

Bob

We tried using Kowabunga and spent money with no results.
    This should be a message to you that another network may not be really the answer for you. Remember, your products are not uinque and you have a lot of competition.

If someone was going to do it on a performance based basis we would entertain that perhaps.
    There probably are some OPM's that would do it on a performance basis, but what you need to be considering, is a really strong OPM or AM to help make Pets Warehouse stand out from the rest of the pet suppliers out there.

In otherwords, instead of becoming just one more merchant at another network, concentrate on becoming the top pet supply affiliate program at one strong network.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hello Bob,

What everyone has said so far is true. Research and working with dual network programs, I can almost guarrantee you that all you need is one network and you are already on it SAS. I would recommend AvantLink and AffiliateFuture too and any other 'true parasite free' network, but since you've been on SAS since 03' there is no need to move or open in another place. Just start taking advantage of ABW and it's resources and all the tools within SAS, like adding a few coupons, (you have none listed now, add atleast four) datafeed via ftp and sending out the right newsletters.

BTW, Welcome to ABW

Hey, Bob, you should know that your SAS emails, signed by you, have a return email address of Henry@pets-warehouse.com. This might be confusing to people. You can change this in the SAS control panel.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Smile
    This should be a message to you that another network may not be really the answer for you. Remember, your products are not uinque and you have a lot of competition.

There probably are some OPM's that would do it on a performance basis, but what you need to be considering, is a really strong OPM or AM to help make Pets Warehouse stand out from the rest of the pet suppliers out there.

In otherwords, instead of becoming just one more merchant at another network, concentrate on becoming the top pet supply affiliate program at one strong network.
    Hey, good insights, thanks!

You said our products are not unique and that got got me thinking, how are they not unique and why did you come to that conclusion?

We believe they are unique for several reasons.

No other online pet supply company that I know of has as many products ie: 43,000 items, weather they have an affiliate program or not.

Within that product offering we offer every product a manufacturer makes including replacement parts, this means that we don't sell just select items made by a manufacturer we sell everything in that product line.

We sell live fish and aquarium plants.

We ship aquariums (fish tanks) nationwide. A great high ticket item for affiliates to earn $$$, average sale $600-2,000.

What is most interesting or disturbing though is those facts were not made apparent to you. That bothers us a lot, why?

Hey, Bob, you should know that your SAS emails, signed by you, have a return email address of Henry@pets-warehouse.com. This might be confusing to people. You can change this in the SAS control panel.
    Done, I didnít get a copy, perhaps SAS should send a copy to the merchant?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge - JRami
    Hello Bob,

What everyone has said so far is true. Research and working with dual network programs, I can almost guarrantee you that all you need is one network and you are already on it SAS since 03' there is no need to move or open in another place. Just start taking advantage of ABW and it's resources and all the tools within SAS, like adding a few coupons, (you have none listed now, add atleast four) datafeed via ftp and sending out the right newsletters.
    Maybe what your onto something with SAS, but weíve had several integration problems Iím told in the past with our links or datafeed that SAS could not resolve in the past.

Moreover, what I did as an experiment last night is I signed up as an affiliate to SAS and I must say I had a lot of trouble finding us in Home and Garden, considering that the Pet Industry has a market share of 32 Billion dollars all Brianís pet merchants should be found easier I would think.

I also did searches for key words ďpetĒ and ďpet supplyĒ which are listed in our account setup and still a mixed bag of not related web sites.

If SAS Brian and his team can address those issues we may consider the following.

Drop our in-house affiliate program, convert all our current affiliates to SAS on an exclusive basis, this would give us (or an OPM if we could find one to work with) one group to concentrate on rather than two.

It would also relieve our bookkeeping department a huge amount of work in tracking commissions and orders. Also it provides a greater assurance to an affiliate or prospective affiliate of being paid.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

PS: Brian I hope your listening!

Bob

Bob,

Sounds like you go the unique covered, so go sell that to the affiliates so they will know what makes you different.

The SAS inteface does send a copy of the email to the merchant if you check off a particular box. But, if you are not reading that email address I listed above, then you would not receive the message.

Best of luck with your program and welcome back to ABW. Any chance you will reopen your forum here?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast