ABW Ambassador
    Once again, I'm stuck right in the middle of some BS office politics...
    What do you guys do to curb or prevent office politics? What do you do when it's gotten out of hand & it's time to stab back?

FreeCallz.com - Free and cheap phone services.

I work at home, so I don't have that problem. One of the benefits of being self employed.

IF YOU WANT BREAKFAST IN BED, SLEEP IN THE KITCHEN.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm waiting to be able to do that...it will happen eventually...I hope [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I usually take the higher road and try to not respond in a negative way.

Work is not personal, and my personal life is not at work.

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

www.teampb.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Once again, I'm stuck right in the middle of some BS office politics...
    What do you guys do to curb or prevent office politics?"

QUIT and leave them to wallow in their own slime!

"What do you do when it's gotten out of hand"

QUIT and leave them to wallow in their own slime!!

"& it's time to stab back?"

If you can stand to stay long enough before quitting, to leave them to wallow, get the "longest, sharpest knife" you can come up with and stab away. If you want to bother taking the effort.

Although usually I find it works well to wait until the work is backed up to the ceiling (easy enough in cyclical businesses) and then quit--SUDDENLY, with no warning--so all their stuff will be behind!

If all that's too extreme for you, just make 2 STRAIGHT REVENUE (not nonsales content) pages when you get home each time they p*ss you off. Pretty soon you'll have enough money to tell them to Lump It and still be better off for doing so. It's amazing how your patience for any workplace BS at all will evaporate when you are making more from NOT putting up with it!

But personally I never had any tolerance for workplace BS which is one of the main reasons I had so many j*bs before I got into this--and when I got into this, that was the End of Empl*yment!

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Whatever you decide to do, do it with a faintly puzzled expression.

I

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Oh, but I find it bugs them immensely if you quit with an expression of great joy, and practically dance out of the place!

You know, leave them with the unmistakeable knowledge that they are In Prison--while you are Forever Free.

The looks of bottomless sorrow on the people's faces (and jealousy on other people's faces)--provided you can manage to sneak a look without them knowing you are looking--are priceless.

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

office work is terrible
    it's amazing how seriously people take it
    i did 16 years office work, now work at home
    no more management and rush hour subway
    if you get a chance to get out, just do it

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, its good if you can get out of a "real job." I worked in the grocery business for a long time and there was always somebody talking about somebody and backstabbing. I started doing affiliate marketing on the side and started making a little money and decided this is what i want to do. So i quit, took my 401k moved from Orlando to Tennessee with the future wife. I said i was going to try this for 6 months and if i didn't progress every single month i would get a real job. Luckily the last 2 months i have started making more and last month almost double what i used to make. No more calls from friends and parents asking me if i got a job yet. Then last month, my parents went to Germany for vacation so my gf and i decided to house sit and have a little vacation while in Orlando. So we decided to do a little grocery shopping where i used to work. I still have a lot of good friends there but just telling them i'm making more money and having the freedom to take vacations when i want, not having a schedule etc. was great. Plus no more having to deal with having a boss and backstabbing, complaining people anymore.

If all the girls lived up in trees, what a good climber johnnie would be.

I can't say from my experience since I've always been self-employed. But my wife went through this at work. She quietly gave her notice to the personnel office and then on her last day she was picked up at work in a limo. We drove down to the 29 cent burger joint, cruised around town and called it a day. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Hey johnniebry, I work as a checker in the grocery industry. Your right on this quote:

always somebody talking about somebody and backstabbing

Im tired of it... I want to get out of this job.. do you have any suggestions on what kind of site would benefit me to quit my stinking job.?

Jason

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> on her last day she was picked up at work in a limo. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that is a wish-I'd-thought-of-that exit! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I just don't get involved in the backstabbing.. indeed (assuming your line management isn't completely inept) you'll find that the backstabbers don't necessarily prosper.

I try to pick out positive things to say about colleagues.. at least most of the time. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And besides, the correct way to stab somebody is in the front. Take the moral high ground. Be fair-minded and reasonable right up until the point they overstep the mark and then come down on them like a ton of bricks.

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    Part of the problem is management...my supervisor is a pushover & his boss lies to him about how late I am (said I was 20min late when I have proof that I was only 6min late).
    My supervisor told me one of my tasks takes priority over everything, so I put up a "do not disturb" sign and one of my coworkers complained & he got pissy about it and took it down, when all of the professionals (under him, above me) have "do not disturb" signs on their doors even when they aren't busy.
    There are so many double standards and now that I go to him about a problem with a coworker, he tells me that it's not work related and I have to work it out w/ them.
    I have letters written and envelopes printed to all of their superiors in case they step waaay over the line, but that's a last resort, besides making this place a media circus (their worst nightmare).

As for memorable exits, I wanted sooo bad to yell "FREEDOM" a la Braveheart when the ax fell at my last job [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

don't let it get you down, just start thinking about those revenue pages like leader said, then maybe some way down the line you will have other options, it's worth trying

ABW Ambassador
    Unfortunately that idea didn't go over too well w/ my gf...she thinks I spend too much time on my sites already...

I actually said to Mrs Dynamoo that I wanted to spend more time on my sites so that eventually I could give up my 9-to-5 altogether. I *think* she understood that this would involve many evenings slaving over a hot pc.

Меня зовут Динаму

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread