Online Marketing Consultant
    CartoonNetworkshop.com
    This in no way represents any programs I manage or their companies. This is solely an experience I had as an affiliate and want to share from my personal points of view and my points of view only. This is in no way the views, opinions or thoughts of any of the companies I work with or am associated with.

With that out of the way, I bought a few websites and have been building them from scratch and not really doing any PPC yet. I built the campaigns but never touched them and hey content is already starting to work. $990 in sales for just one merchant off of one keyword I optimized on. This is starting to get fun.

Anyways I applied to the cartoonnetworkshop.com program because i had some really good ideas for PPC campaigns with it. Of course I was declined to it, and I thought soo what?

I then wrote to the AM whose email is not listed and you will have to contact through CJ explaining that I was not planning on placing any of their links on my sites and it would be solely ppc. I asked them to kindly reconsider allowing me into their program. I also said that I planned on using PPC marketing to use their links.

The only response I got back was we don't do PPC marketing.

This gave me a huge laugh so I wrote back to him and said, then why do you offer keyword links, I should have also included keyword suggestions and ideas for PPC campaigns as well. But I did not include that.

Hopefully the AM will find this and realize, think before you respond. If you have keyword links and even offer suggestions etc.... you have PPC marketing in your program. Then again, maybe the AM has absolutely no idea what PPC is and is completely unaware he/she/they offer it. You never know.

Anyways I have now found an alternate program which will compete with them and hopefully it will go well. I just need to create the plan to compete right along side the cartoonnetworkshop program.

I have also not received an email back from the AM so when he/she writes back, hopefully it will be more than one sentence. And if it is just one sentence, maybe it will at least not be a flat out lie.

I am not saying that the program is a bad one, hey I still want to try it out as long as I won't be flat out lied to or ignored, especially because I created a pretty good plan for it. But I only hope the AM does not lie to his/her/their affiliates, begins writing more personal and friendly emails, and hey if someone asks why they are not approved; Common sense would be to respond to them in a friendly manner with reasons why and possibly offer them some ways to change around their sites if they would like to reapply. Why the heck would you want to get rid of someone who wants to push your program and is a multiple bar affiliate?

Needless to say, none of that happened and the AM will learn fast that affiliates enjoy friendliness, respect and at least an explanation when they ask why they were not approved, and that it is almost never ok to flat out lie to affiliates. Especially when the lie is soo blatently obvious.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

As far as I know, Ila King is in charge of that and the new MGM Store programs. She also runs the Wbshop and the Newlinesshop programs. She's always been good to help me in the past when I asked, so I'm kind of surprised by this.

You may want to try contacting her via her blog:
    http://ilasaffiliatecorner.blogspot.com/
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Thanks I will if I do not hear back from her through my email in CJ. Then again if I do not hear back from her, then I really do not want to be in her program anyways. She does have some good accounts though.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread