White House: assassination of Saddam would be cheaper than war

Such leadership we have!

Kinda makes you proud, doesn't it?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Makes me sick, I wish they would think before talking.
    I saw this same story on Crossfire. Even Bob Novac criticized it. Now that's saying something.

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I wish they would think before talking. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't be done by this administrarion. LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> "The reason we start a war is to fight a war, win a war, thereby causing no more war!"
    --The first Presidential debate
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bush Pictures and Quotes!

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well
    It were done quickly: if the assassination
    Could trammel up the consequence, and catch
    With his surcease success; that but this blow
    Might be the be-all and the end-all here,
    But here, upon this bank and shoal of time,
    We'd jump the life to come. But in these cases
    We still have judgment here; that we but teach
    Bloody instructions, which, being taught, return
    To plague the inventor: this even-handed justice
    Commends th' ingredience of our poison'd chalice
    To our own lips.

-- Shakespeare, Macbeth

Buckworks-Is that real Shakespeare or barbara streisand Shakespeare??

Regarding the assassination of sadam-whats the big deal? Thousands have died as a result of his actions and orders. The means in which this b****** is killed is irrevelant. But he must be killed. Or made to assume ambient temperature if you don't like the word kill.

We are the last superpower on Earth. We must do whatever it takes to maintain our way and standard of living. Otherwise we will lose it!!!

ABW Ambassador
    What's Barbra Streisand Shakespeare?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We must do whatever it takes to maintain our way and standard of living. Otherwise we will lose it!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In North America we are going to lose it anyway, unless we do better at living in ways that are environmentally sustainable.

Despite the drama of humanity's squabbles sometimes, sooner or later Nature trumps all.

What's Barbra Streisand Shakespeare?
    http://www.drudgereport.com/strei4.htm

BTW Didn't she and many of her cronies say they would leave this country if Bush got elected? I pity these spoiled brats. Where else could they go on this planet to make the same money they are making now and also not get shot or imprisoned for voicing their arrogant opinions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Regarding the assassination of sadam-whats the big deal? Thousands have died as a result of his actions and orders. The means in which this b****** is killed is irrevelant. But he must be killed. Or made to assume ambient temperature if you don't like the word kill. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll get no argument that an assassination is a good thing. The problem is that the administration shouldn't be saying it so clearly and publicly. This is a bad precedent. Who's to stop Saddam from saying the same? Esp when he already has so many fanatics who will be all too happy to carry out his orders. This is a very dangerous thing for the administration to say.

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

correct me if I'm wrong but isnt assassination forbidden in your constitution? what kind of a democracy is it then?

PAYMENTS VIA CHECKS ARE ARCHAIC

No, it is not forbidden by out constitution. Following congressional hearings examining botched CIA assassination attempts, executive orders beginning in 1976 have prohibited such targeted killings.

White House Would Welcome Hussein Assassination

T-Bone, there you go again. What is your problem with Barbra Streisand? And by the way, it is spelled BARBRA. If you're going to slam her, without cause, I might add, at least spell her name right!

---Hershey

"Wherever you go, there you are."

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Who's to stop Saddam from saying the same? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually...sort of happened, but to the elder George Bush around the time of the Gulf War...

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

he would kill bush and every member of his entire family if he had the capability. Ask the kurds:

“Eyewitnesses have said that Iraqi warplanes dropped three clusters each of four bombs on the village of Birjinni on August 25, 1988. Observers recall seeing a plume of black, then yellowish smoke, followed by a not-unpleasant odor similar to fertilizer, and also a smell like rotten garlic. Shortly afterwards, villagers began to have trouble breathing, their eyes watered, their skin blistered, and many vomited--some of whom died. All of these symptoms are consistent with a poison gas attack.”

I think one bullet is a good idea for him.

...second that..

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> correct me if I'm wrong but isnt assassination forbidden in your constitution? what kind of a democracy is it then?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, sadly I have to say it is only considered murder on our soil. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Now, if we had delclared WAR then there could be some type of sense made of these statements, but for one world leader to elicit the assassination of another (regardless of how we feel about them or their behavior) while not in a declared war, is well--just murder and certainly not based upon the tenants of our constitution....

but then having the president placed in power by the supreme court wasn't the American way either.

I've never like Bush, hated seeing him appointed...I think he's a fool - just a puppet for Daddy's circle of power. So, it is no surprise I would disapprove of most of what they do.

Even following 911 I couldn't bring myself to like GW or to support his administration in everything (of course, I do support retaliation and war on terror).

It's more fun to jump on the trampoline than sit underneath it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>but then having the president placed in power by the supreme court wasn't the American way either.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, but yes, it is the American way. Fortunately our constitution had a way to resolve this dilemma. Had this happened in an other country we would have seen a total collapse of government or a military takeover.

Regarding the events of 911. Most of the planning of this event occured during the tenure of clinton/gore. If clinton/gore were concerned more about the welfare and security of our country 911 would have been averted. Instead clinton was more concerned with lying under oath and then trying to cover it up and gore was too busy raising money from the communist chinese (our next enemy).

I am no great fan of GWB. However, compared to Gore, Gwb was an easy choice to make. Even if al gore did invent the internet, as he has claimed.

Pat Buchanon 2004 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    but then having the president placed in power by the supreme court wasn't the American way either.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a classic! Why do Dems have such a hard time with the law? You had Clinton-enough said. Then Gore/Florida, all legal but they're still whining about that one. Now we have New Jersey-can't abide by the law there either so they just ignore the law when it suits them. What's the point of having laws? Or, are the laws only for other people?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Regarding the events of 911. Most of the planning of this event occured during the tenure of clinton/gore. If clinton/gore were concerned more about the welfare and security of our country 911 would have been averted. Instead clinton was more concerned with lying under oath and then trying to cover it up and gore was too busy raising money from the communist chinese (our next enemy). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Planning continued during the first year of George's administration. Both are to blame, or neither is to blame.

Perhaps Clinton could have done more if he weren't put on trial for lying about a bj. We've had this discussion already so this is my last word.

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Icupux?? from Turkey said: "correct me if I'm wrong but isnt assassination forbidden in your constitution? what kind of a democracy is it then?"

It isn't specifically in the constitution that I can find but I do know several Executive Orders ( Presidential decrees) were issued regarding the use of assassination during the Drug Wars. If an Official declaration of War by Congress exists, as in WWI & WWII Korea and VietNam, assassination of enemy leaders or military commanders is highly recommended.

If I remember correctly GWB signed some Executive Order after 9/11 authorizing using assassination by the FBI and CIA during the Congressionally approved & declared "War on Terrorism" as an acceptable fighting technique. Basically any soldier or even unmanned aircraft drone is authorized to shoot to kill on sight Bin Laden or any Terrorist leader on the FBI's most wanted list.

Speaking on the urgent subject of attacking Iraq over potential weapons of mass destruction to make sure Muslim terrorists do not get these in their hands ...what happened to the 2 Terrorists captured in Turkey with 22 lbs of enriched Uranium 3 days ago??? The Cab driver and Arab foreigner were caught red handed with the Nuke material on their way into northern Iraq. Why would anyone in Iraq want weapons grade enriched Uranium if they pose no threat to us or Israel.

WebMaster Mike

Regarding 911
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Perhaps Clinton could have done more if he weren't put on trial for lying about a bj. We've had this discussion already so this is my last word.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. If the Lewinski affair had not been discovered clinton's priorities would have still been the same. More Monicas, more Jennifers, more Katheens, more Paulas, etc.

clinton did not (does not) care about anything but himself and his "legacy".

In time clinton will be best remembered for this "Daddy, what is oral sex?" That is what my son asked me at age 7.

911? clinton is directly responsible for all the deaths on that day. Why? Because his own personal gratification always came before any other consideration. Including the security of this country.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread