Just over 2 months, just under 200 posts and it's time to say "goodbye" to the ABW community. While there have been some great exchanges of views in here, there's also the overwhelming feeling of being STIFLED in trying to move forward in a pragmatic way on issues such as Parasiteware by Haiko's over-zealous "control".

See for instance this thread which illustrates the problem all too clearly.

Haiko, good luck fighting YOUR fight - it's just a shame it's not MY fight or, judging by the mood of your posters, the fight of the majority of people on this board.

I will be popping in here irregularly but it's time for me to face reality and to transfer my "time allocated to ABW" onto more productive diversions.

To everyone else - it was fun, it was great... drop me an email sometime if you want to keep in touch.

--
    Genki Productions http://www.genkiproductions.com/
    Free Email - Affiliate Programs - Web Promotion Tips - Jobs in Japan

Haiko,

You are gonna be left standing on a mountain of glass looking for the diamonds you threw away.

I

The fact my domain is open to the public does not mean it's contents are public domain!

By asking members to make productive posts? For God's sake it has been a bloody mob in here for the past two weeks.

Edwin has posted some fantastic posts, so I don't understand his problem ... If I'm Stephen Messer, or anyone else, am I really going to wade through all the posts that are nothing but bad PR to get to gems like Edwins? Is anyone going to take a mob seriously? Why aren't the other networks asked what they are doing? I'm convinced members just want to complain. Edwin was not one of those, thankfully, but he thought my "vision" differed from his, and he is mistaken. His decision to leave was his own.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

&gt;By asking members to make productive posts?

No. For curtailing discussion when it looks like people don't share your high opinion of Linkshare and their thieves charter.

You have made your appoval of this document plain. Should anyone point out Linkshare is playing you for a patsy you get upset.

You can recommend this document to your visitors if you wish. What you cannot do is force us to approve it. You cannot talk us into it, you cannot guilt us into it and you cannot bully us into it.

This document has a hole in it wide enough to drive a truck through. That truck is full of stolen commissions. I read this document and pointed this fact out.

Steve Messer was then forced to agree. Do you suppose he would have volunteered this information if not made to do so by a mob of Edwin and myself?

No.

If you had your way - we'd have shown up, smiled for the photographs, Linkshare would have put out a press release about how all our problems had been solved by the Mighty Linkshare and Affiliate Leader Haiko, then *months* down the line this collossal betrayal of trust would have been discovered.

It would be too late. They would point at the document and say 'you agreed to this' and everyone would have been looking at *you* Haiko and asking how the hell this state of affairs came about?

You have been spared this fate. A little appreciation would be nice.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I

The fact my domain is open to the public does not mean it's contents are public domain!

[This message was edited by Icicle on October 05, 2002 at 05:10 PM.]

Edwin, I really do hope you will reconsider!!!

ABW can be a bear at time, lol, trust me I know. There have been times when I had to step back and take a break too.

These past few weeks have been hard in so many ways. All the upset and frustration going on. But I truly believe the best thing is to not give up.

Take a break and do what is good for the soul. Then when you have, I hope to see you again!!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times.

Edwin,

I sympathize with you. I feel the same way. I'm now only logging on about once a day just looking for useful information and ignoring any posts that look like they are another battleground.

And you know what, I'm going to have a handful of new web sites to upload before the end of the weekend! Wow, this is the most productive I've been in months.

Best of luck to you and hope to see you on here when I'm on.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

Ice

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You have made your appoval of this document plain. Should anyone point out Linkshare is playing you for a patsy you get upset.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't you bloody read?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>[QUOTE]Originally posted by Haiko:
    People,

I see an actual addendum from Linkshare, and everyone goes after them ripping them apart while CJ, Performics and BeFree go free from any attention? Umm, hello!

The standards meeting requires that all of the top 4 networks agree to at least hold parasites contractually bound. Instead of poo-pooing LS's ACTIVE stance I'd suggest posting in the CJ, performics and Befree forums and ask them why they will not make all affiliates adhere to this addendum (or other applicable)!

Then go back to the Linkshare forum and compare your results!

The meeting may not be all that affiliates want right now, but getting all networks and parasites to agree to be bound, then we are miles ahead than we are now ... step by step and rung by rung!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm trying to get proposals and all I get is noise! Edwin didn't offer noise but the others did. Is trying to get a productive proposal out of the other networks and affiliates who care being a patsy? GOD, I worry about you!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

I worry about you too.

Had any more Visits lately?

I

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe people would be more inclined to put foward 'productive' proposals, Haiko, if you didn't feel the need to belittle and insult them all the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Can't you bloody read? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> This kind of stuff isn't necessary and it certainly isn't productive by any definition of the word.

Just a thought.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread