Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LinkShare Tech Update - Password and CAPTCHA Change
    Got this today...

Dear xxxxx:

I am very happy to let you know that LinkShare will be removing the required 90-day password change and the image challenge (CAPTCHA) at login. These changes are a direct result of feedback that we have received from our top partners and Affiliate Advisory Board members. These changes will take effect the evening of March 15.

It is a good practice to change passwords every 90 days and when employees leave. LinkShare takes the security of your account very serious. We will continue to use SSL-encryption at login and on the Update Profile page.

I hope you will see this as a positive change. If you have any questions about this policy change, please let me know.

15 years and counting
    Linkshare - These changes are a direct result of feedback that we have received from our top partners and Affiliate Advisory Board members.
    It would have been better to LISTEN before. Idiots.
    I had to change my password, yesterday and wait, wait...

It is kind of sad when their best enhancement (so far) of the year is the removal of an unrequested, unliked enhancement.

I do think they're doing a little better job of listening, though. At the last Affiliate Advisory Board meeting, all of the ideas they presented were good ones. (Of course some of the implementations of these good ideas, like Start/End Dates, have been less than ideal.)

Baby steps.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Even a blind squirrel ...
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Wow! I couldn't believe it when I didn't see the CAPTCHA and had to come here to see why they did that.

Finally! Somebody is listening. Now if they could just fix the part where they keep telling you that you don't have a valid email address on file.

15 years and counting
    I had to try and it makes a difference. I'm in faster. All that time lost for nothing.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    All,
    I am happy to announce that we have removed the requirement to change your password every 90 days and the image challenge at login. The change is now live.

Follow the steps below to change your password:
    * Select Update Profile from the Your Account tab
    * Click on the Channel Contact (icon looks like a business card) from the Channel Manager
    * Enter your new password and then hit Submit.

Ranae

Thank you.

ABW Ambassador
    5 Years to fix the merchant search, what is it 2 years to have fixed the login problem? Guess they are getting faster... wonder how long to revalidate my address since I moved? It has been a year plus so far...

Chet

yay woohooo

Tracy - did the same thing. lol Thought for sure it was some sort of mistake and I wouldn't get in.
    Any change for the positive....makes me happy.. thank you

WHen i fist saw no image or anything I thought it was some sort of phishing site.

ABW Ambassador
    They should have done this years ago, about time! Maybe they can fix the link date mess as well while they are in a mood do get things right... They should have also placed a login form on the home page like CJ do.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

yay, about time!

Internet Cowboy
    WOW, nice move Linkshare. Now if we can log in and not feel like you don't know who we are that would be a nice improvement. I am glad to see the challenge gone though, thanks.

I'm not exactly impressed. There is so much more LS could have been working on and this is their best shot?

Still...this is something I campaigned against ever since they implmented it, so glad they finally listened to someone, even if it was not me.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Yipee! It's about time the password change was done away with.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

i guess we (abw members) are not top performers on their list as this was discussed and complained by many last year here but no one listened.

this is one of the main reason why i seldom check the LS stat and check on LS merchants.

nevertheless, thank you for the improvements.
    [url=http://abestweb.com/][B][COLOR=Red]Affiliate Marketing Forum[/COLOR][/B][/url]

Now it's time to improve payments...
    I still have to receive commisions for December... come on....

ABW Ambassador
    About time.

ABW Ambassador
    Alright now let's remove that legal message I see everytime logging in

Maybe they could further improve by... making the interface intuitive, and not look like crap (ok, so maybe that's harsh, but that's my opinion)?

Seriously, out of the different affiliate sites and CPA site I've used, Linkshare by far has the worst interface I've come across. I think that the Linkshare interface pretty much hasn't changed since around 2000 when I first signed up (though I didn't really use it in the recent years), and has an over dependence on javascript and requires too many clicks to access simple functions accessable in CJ within 2 or 3 clicks. The merchant interface is also horrible, potentially worse than the affiliate section.

ABW Ambassador
    You can still not save the password in my browser after I enter my login id then it should automatically fill the password like it does on CJ and shareasale. Now I still have to type in my password manually. I have even deleted the cookie etc but still doesn't work! As for the interface, yes it is a mess, just look how they just slapped up a couple of buttons on the left for the new features, looks like a programmer has made them.. They seriously need an in house designer as their interface looks like something from the early 90's made by dos programmers.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I will be happy when I'm not greeted by this message every day when I log in:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    IMPORTANT: INCOMPLETE ACCOUNT INFORMATION

According to our records, we do not have a confirmed email address for one or more of your Affiliate Channels.
    Channels with invalid email:

Your account must have a valid email address so that LinkShare can send you imporant communincations about account status. Please go to the Update Profile section and update your email address.

If you have not received the validation e-mail, please double-check your SPAM blocking settings to be sure the e-mail is not being blocked. Also, you may want to try a different e-mail address, since your e-mail provider may also be blocking the e-mail as SPAM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had the same email address for over five years.

There is no SPAM blocks on the email account by me or my provider.

I've gone to Update Profile several times, generated the email, clicked on the link, and still I get this message the next day.

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

Here's my welcome page to LS every time I log in:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We are unable to validate one or more pieces of your profile information at this time. We recognize that this may be due to the third party databases we employ being inaccurate or not up-to-date, or the information you entered being not exactly as they have it. We are currently making changes to our registration and validation processes and will be attempting again to validate your profile information in the future as such changes are implemented. While these changes are being made, you are welcome to participate in the LinkShare Network and will receive payments as if validated.

If you have any questions please contact our affiliate support team through the following link: Support
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Support told me "Don't worry about it."

Ummmm, ok, yea, this is normal, every site I log into reminds me I don't exist.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast