Heads up if ordering from VistaPrint
    I ordered some business cards from VistaPrint this year and all went well, nice product at a reasonable price. Today I noticed a $14.95 fee on the statement of my business banking account to vprewardsus.com. Upon further investigation, this is a montly fee in a membership program that is supposed to offer me member discounts. It is something I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR, to my knowledge. I called their toll free number, which appeared on my statement, and they reversed the charges with no problems.

Anyway, I know a lot of folks use them for business cards and just wanted to mention this.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

oooh thanks for the post..will have to take another look at my statements. I had ordered the free business cards but will have to make sure I'm not seeing any charges. Agree with you, though. They are very nice cards. and even a light purple color, too.

Their cards are okay, but I noticed they're cut slightly smaller than a normal business card. Plus their marketing is a little overdone for my taste. This issue with vprewardsus is really just the nail in the coffin here. I'll pay more for a better product.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I'll certainly think twice before I order from them again. Then again, I ordered so many I won't need to. However, they have just about paid for themselves in free meals. Every time I go to a restaurant with a fishbowl for business cards to win a free meal, I drop them in. Never, ever did that before I got all these card. But hey, I keep winning free lunches!!! I think they must let everyone win once to hook you as a customer and so you will tell everyone how you won a free meal.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Thanks for the heads up. I just bought some cards from them and was extremely careful to avoid their upsell attempts on that member rewards program. We'll see if my efforts were up to the task or if they try to slip one past me...

The cards I got turned out pretty decent for the price, but their daily spam is a bit much, plus the annoying ploy of free offers with an an image upload fee.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Just got an email from VPrewardsus. "We value you as a loyal customer and hope that you will use VistaPrint for your printing needs. Please enjoy 250 Premium Buisness Cards FREE" (and a link).

Oh, boy, 250 more chances for a free lunch!!!

Seriously, though, that is good PR on their part and I must say they have handled this very well...but still, I'll think twice next time. I don't like companies that have systems set up like this where they start charging you every month without you realizing it.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Just got an email from VPrewardsus. "We value you as a loyal customer and hope that you will use VistaPrint for your printing needs. Please enjoy 250 Premium Buisness Cards FREE" (and a link).

Oh, boy, 250 more chances for a free lunch!!!

Seriously, though, that is good PR on their part and I must say they have handled this very well...but still, I'll think twice next time. I don't like companies that have systems set up like this where they start charging you every month without you realizing it.
    They do come through with great "ooops so sorry" deals but yeah, apparent unauthorized charges on a CC is just plain nasty no matter what the fine print says.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Exclamation
    it is very easy to sign up for this junk without seeing what is going to happen later. more discussion on this somewhere in that batteries.com thread, I think.

OMG VistaPRINT Sucks, i ordred from them and 3 months later they bought some company and gave my info to that company and that company harrased me trying to sell me their website stats product, even got nasty on the phone with me

I recently had a terrible expereince with Vistaprint.

What happened to them?

About 18 months ago I ordered some cards. They were color front and back, thick stock with UV coating on both sides. They are really classy and impressive. In fact, people still continue to compliment me on them today. I am glad I bought a ton of them when I did because I just ordered some cards for another company I formed recently and the quality was terrible at best.

The cards were much smaller, the text was blurry and the image quality was terrible. They were also lighter stock and did not come UV coated on both sides as ordered.

When I called to exercise my "satisfaction guaranteed warranty" and get a refund the support staff politely told me that I was not eligible for a refund. When I told her I had just ordered cards that were glossy on both sides just over a year ago. She went on to tell me that it was my fault the print quality was bad and that Vistprint never produced cards like the ones I ordered from them a year ago - ever. I just hung up and called my cc company to file a chargeback.

I am sooooooo dissapointed. The company was great when it first started.

What a loss.

David

I've used Vistaprint many times and have never had any problems. But then again, I do not expect or need premium quality - just something reasonably good at a reasonable price - and Vistaprint fills the bill.

Snib - for your cards, you shouldn't even think about using a "budget" printer, or any "online" printer. When it comes to printing, you've got to go to your local mom-and-pop print shop if you want the good sheit LOL.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Ron there was a box when you signed up for the cards that was probably checked off. I had to uncheck the box when I ordered cards once.

I love Vistaprint and yes I am also a shareholder.

BTW if you ever order business cards dont ever get a calender on the back. I will be giving out my 2006 calenders until 2012 lol
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Falcon you just need to hand the cards out faster you've got a whole year LOL.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I think you hit it on the head when you said "that you don't remember signing up for it" Ron. I think we've all inadvertently signed up for something we did not mean to sign up for at some point in time.

Snib, I kinda like the smaller size. I find that the standard size cards are sometimes a little tight getting them into my wallet.

Ron wrote:

But hey, I keep winning free lunches!!! I think they must let everyone win once to hook you as a customer and so you will tell everyone how you won a free meal.

Ron, if you get a recurring charge on your credit card from the Food Network, you might check with the restaurant!!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've always been satisfied with their print quality. I only got business cards once, but I often get their postcards and magnets. The only trouble I had was with my first order of postcards--I wanted white type, to stand out against the image, but it kept reverting to gray despite my attempts to customize it. Fortunately, that glitch was fixed the next time.

What I don't like about them is the vprewardsus crapola! I do think they try their best to trick people into signing up for that. If it wasn't for VP's FREE (+ cheap shipping) offers and their super-cheap offers, I wouldn't be very inclined to deal with them because of how they handle vprewardsus.

As for the infernal vprewardsus screens (the ones that come up after you've ordered): I can see how it'd be really easy to end up stuck with that crap!! Those "continue" buttons are really signup buttons! And, I think there are some other signup buttons on the same screens labeled differently, too. Rather than guess a button to click, I just hit X on the whole site at that point. They don't like to admit it, but by the time those screens come up, the order's actually gone through...

Also there's a popup/under that comes up on the way out, too, pushing that vprewardsus junk. X to that.

Basically any screen that has any of those amateur-photoshop looking gray buttons on it is up to things.

Thanks for the headsup.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Oh, one hot tip. If you are ever placing an order with them, abandon the shopping cart and they'll pop up a "use it now" coupon for a discount if you come back and proceed witht he order LOL.

I've always been a big fan of VistaPrint. If you wait for the right promotion (which they normally advertise as 80% off / $3.99 for 250 which also works for $7.99 for 1000 + glossy + S&H), you can get 1000 glossy cards for about $15 shipped. The quality has always been good for me. I strongly prefer the glossy cards, as they feel thicker (although I don't think they are) and are brighter. The normal (non-glossy) cards look and feel really cheap. Shipping isn't fast, but I've never needed them in a rush.

I've never noticed vprewards, and despise those types of things. Is it new for them, or has it been there for a while?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Michael it has been around for probably about 6 months.

David my cards have a 2006 calender on the back. Worst part is there is no room to write down affiliate managers contact info on the back because of the calender. One of the worst mistakes I ever made with affiliate marketing. I probably have 2000 cards that are going to be scraped. Maybe I will mail them to Ron so I can win a free lunch lol
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Like I said, I like the product. The glossy cards are most certainly the best looking. For the cost they served my needs and even with the, shall we say, underhanded tactics, everything about my service was acceptable.

I just want to give folks a heads up so they don't have this happen to them.

I have another reoccuring charge on my personal account and it is very similiar. I did a credit check on myself and it required a credit card, though no charge would be made (one of the three companies that provide free credit reports). Well, yes, you guessed it, there must have been a box I did not check because I'm getting a $9.99 charge every once in a while. Gotta fix that too.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I have ordered a few times from them, and never got those other charges. Maybe I'm lucky?
    I like the cards, but the colors were a little different than what I uploaded, and they werent' all cut exactly the same, but I'm not that picky, so I was pleased.

Thats why in the back of my card I divide i down the middle with 1 line and put notes on both side.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    must be a super fine print or a T&C print in white

web dev with whiskers tn-morgen's Avatar
    I got a small order from them and then a 2nd small order from them and then ....

I like them. I don't like the daily spam emails but I can always hit delete....

I like that I can get a small order, they remember my artwork and as long as I look everything over REALLY WELL before I hit the submit button (look out for unintended check marks in weird places) and the total is what I expect, then I get what I want.

It isn't as cheap as printing my own bw cards, but I get color and shiny stuff on 'em thru VisaPrint. I get to print both sides and do a % off card sometimes (depending on which card I hand out) and appt cards and all sorts of goodies - all for little $$. I have a TON of cards right now, but Hey! I'll try that free lunch bit - if I ever go out of the house again....

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread