From 70 degrees to snow in 24 hours!
    It is awesome!

Yesterday it was a warm 70 degrees, and today we have had almost five inches fall so far here in Northern Va! How cool is that? The kids are pulling out the sleds and mittens for the weekend, ha ha!

:0)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That sounds like MI! Two or three days ago, it hit 74, then it snowed the next night. Only 3/4-inch or so, but it was enough to whiten everything.

How cool is that?
    About as "cool" as a sauna. IOW, not cool at all! I think it sucks!

I can't wait for the weather to warm up and stay that way!

You got that too, huh lol Crazy isn't it? We started with snow but then it turned to sleet so it's not so funny, now. Really is weird though one day having the windows in the house open and now snow. lol

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I believe the expression we all use when we think that weather is unique to our area is: "Boy, if you don't like the weather in (insert your area here) just give it ten minutes!!"
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Can't complain here. We've got a raging snowstorm right now but we haven't had any snowfall at all this winter except for a few light sprinkles.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Not snowing here its raining ice. Good weekend for content building
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

WOW....

Sounds like Colorado weather.

David

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Two days ago it was in the 60s and a lot of our snow melted and the next day it rained and almost all the rest of the snow washed away. It was so nice to see grass for a few hours! Today the snow started just after lunch and we'll have over a foot of it by the time it finishes so...here we go again!

Hubby says it shouldn't be allowed to snow when we're on daylight savings time. Hear, hear.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    As I type this, it's sneeting - a mix of snow and sleet and freezing rain here, when just a few days ago the temperature gauge on the bank said 81 degrees!

Gotta love Maryland!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

http and a telephoto
    90 and sunny all day here... but I do feel for you folks on the east coast. My daughter was supposed to be in the St Patricks day parades in Rochester and Buffalo with Mrs. NY America who was flying in from Long Island. No flights, no parades, everyone staying in and trying to stay warm...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Online Marketing Consultant
    Awesome my Butt!!!! I was soo hoping for the cherry blossoms already. One more day in the 70's and we would have gotten them =0( Not much longer now though =0)

its snowing again here in NYC

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    REMOVED
    Mike, I am part Irish and take personal offense to your paranoid slams! You are a real borderline member and have been warned many times. You're really pissing me off with unnecessary comments like that!!!
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; March 19th, 2007 at 03:53 PM.

We had freakish 70 degree weather here earlier in the week, but I won't complain about the 40's forecast as I'll take it any day over the 14 inches of snow we had a couple of weeks ago.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Network Rep
    Great to be there!!!!
    Well i just hope that it snows and its freeezingly cold out here from where I am!

Maybe that's the irony of life's reality. When its hellishy hot and burning, you wish it were cold. But when it's freezingly cold and chilling, you wish it were tropically hot and humid. Isn't funny how we wish differently?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    When its hellishy hot and burning, you wish it were cold.
    Maybe YOU do! But not me!

Personally I thank God for all the hot weather I can get. I love it to be about 85 or 90F (around 32C). The only time I remember coming close to a "too hot" reaction was on a trip to Mexico in August. It was about 115F. Now THAT is heat!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by ricci
    When its hellishy hot and burning, you wish it were cold.
    Uh, NO. I lived 49 years on the cold east coast and am looking forward to hellishly hot.... I'd rather have air conditioning than heaters I can sit in a tub of cold water to cool off, it takes lots of layers to warm up when it's cold....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    REMOVED
    Actually now I misread your post. When I re-read what I saw I really took a good look at it was the opposite. I would like to apologize for my post about gays, but not apologize for Ireland being not gay friendly or global warming friendly as ireland is actually open minded towards alot of these issues.

Again I am sorry for writing this post and the biggot towards gays comment.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; March 19th, 2007 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Mike, I am part Irish and take personal offense to your paranoid slams! You are a real borderline member and have been warned many times. You're really pissing me off with unnecessary comments like that!!!
    I am Irish and am not offended by that at all from that particular angle.

I'm not gay though, but I am offended by the gay slam.

IMO Mike could be half Irish and he wouldn't even know it.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    I am Irish and am not offended by that at all from that particular angle.

I'm not gay though, but I am offended by the gay slam.

IMO Mike could be half Irish and he wouldn't even know it.

I'm not irish at all, but I am gay and that is why I was offended. A few people wrote to me and said it doesn't sound like you to make a rude comment and they did not see any reason for me to apologize at all for my first post which was erased, so I wanted to clear up my comment.

I was saying that I was sorry because it seemed at first like he made a comment bashing gays, then I found another way he could have meant the comment which would be defending and endorsing gay pride parades. The confusing word in it is feakoid (I am guessing freakoids) which would have made that offensive. When I realized he might not have meant that to offend gay people, I wanted to apologize for that. However I did not think it was fair to make the assumption Ireland is opposed to pride parades and gays.

They have had a ton of progression in acceptance and movements over the last few years and have really paved the way for a safer more accepting Ireland for gay people. Heck Ireland even has all gay vacation packages and lists themselves as a great place for gays to come and visit. I give them a big thumbs up on their progression. On another note, why did the gay thing have to get up with temperature and global warming?

I am gonna step away from the boards for a bit. Have a good one everyone and sorry if there was any confusion about my post.

BTW we have cherry trees blossoming finally =0) These next two weeks will be a great time to come and visit DC for cherry blossoms.

Anne and Beachy, wanna try and get the Mid-Atlantic ABWer's all together and we can do dinner this weekend or something?

Let me know about dinner, we have alot going on but I might be able to sneak out :0) Uh, I read that post the same way you originally did, btw.

Ya it was a confusing one, then when you really look at it, it is not offensive towards gay but is actually friendly towards them.

I'm neither Irish, nor Gay but I'm really offended by Mike's post.

Adam, allow me to personally apologize to you and any other Gay members and readers/lurkers. We [ABW] do not condone, nor allow such posts or bigot attitudes to be posted nor perpetuated on ABW and as such I will edit the original post, any quotes of it and ban Mike for a month.

Once again I do sincerely apologize.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread