View Poll Results: What percent of your friends are through Affiliate Marketing?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100% - All of my friends are from AM

1 1.69%
  • 75% - Most of my friends are from AM

5 8.47%
  • 50% - I'ts about 50/50

10 16.95%
  • 25% - Most of my friends are outside of AM

25 42.37%
  • 0% - All of my friends are outside of AM

10 16.95%
  • 0% - I have no friends

8 13.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Who are your true friends?
    I was just thinking about how many good friends I've made through affiliate marketing (and ABW!), and I was wondering if others have, too?

So, what percent of your friends are in AM?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    True friends are on "select" IM

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Over the years, I've formed numerous friendships through business interests and pursuits. Business contacts have often led to many meaningful friendships, as have tennis, fishing, boating, church, flying, music, hunting, raising horses, camping, skiing, involvement in government, and so many other activities.

Ultimately my friendships develop based on the inner values of the person as opposed to their business interests, but certainly many of my friends today are people with whom I first had contact through business.

To Friends From Every Walk Of Life!!

Snookems
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Internet Cowboy
    I have, as I think we all do, different groups of friends. I would have to say that the friends I have made in this business are among my best friends.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    That is a tough one to define. Some of my good friends here at HometownQuotes for instance are sort of in affiliate marketing, but not really.

For me it is around 65% non-affiliate marketing to 35% in affiliate marketing, but that number looks closer to 50-50 everyday!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I was just thinking about how many good friends I've made through affiliate marketing (and ABW!), and I was wondering if others have, too?

So, what percent of your friends are in AM?

Those two, are good questions!

Who are your true friends?

Or.....

What percent of your friends are through Affiliate Marketing?

But, what of those two questions, are you really asking on this thread?

http and a telephoto
    At this moment in time my true friends are from AM and CafePress connections, which are AM related also I have one good friend that is from my cat showing days, so since that makes 99.9% of my true friends from AM, I checked off 100%.

The past year has shown me who my true friends are and where my "family" is. They have all passed through here, and 90% are ABW "regulars"

Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I consider my A.M. friends (ABWers) some of the coolest and best people I know and absolutely consider them friends. Some I consider family and I love them dearly.

My ratio is about 50/50.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

The increments listed up there are kinda steep. I don't exactly have the widest circle of friends in the world but "met though AM" is probably about 5% at most.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Oh yeah. I've made my own set of affiliate friends here too.

It's really nice to know that you can actually widen your circle of friends in one big community like this where everyone else shares the same insights and interest as you do.

I just do hope that my circle keeps on rolling and rolling as it becomes bigger and much bigger on and on!!!

I voted for 25%, as it best reflects my situation.

But I agree with Sal's

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    ...But, what of those two questions are you really asking on this thread?
    I think the title of the thread may need to be adjusted a bit... (unless there's a subtle meaning behind it that hasn't been reflected in Michael's first post).

Geno

What?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Mine is about the same as Geno.. or maybe 20%

I went 50/50.

Of course the definition can be debated, as stated above.

I talk to AM folks WAAAAY more than I do my "friends". I also am a pretty guarded person when it comes to true friendship, so while I have a lot of personal acquaintances outside of AM, I would reserve the "true friend" moniker for 6 0r 8 people off line, and 6 or 8 people online.

And now that you bring it up, I think I'm pretty happy with that ratio.... I'm never lacking for someone to call or hang out with, and with the exception of my big family, I'm never annoyed by constant requests to do things or hang out. Boring things

My best friend is still, and hopefully always will be, my wife. There are days when we both agree we don't get along, but that's a romantic relationship for you. But we are ALWAYS best friends.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I didn't intend any hidden meaning between "friends" vs. "true friends". Many people call their (100s of) acquaintances "friends", so I used the term "true friends" to focus it a bit. I think one of the distinguishing characteristics would be that you would continue to keep in touch with them even if you moved, changed jobs, etc.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I didn't intend any hidden meaning between "friends" vs. "true friends". Many people call their (100s of) acquaintances "friends", so I used the term "true friends" to focus it a bit. I think one of the distinguishing characteristics would be that you would continue to keep in touch with them even if you moved, changed jobs, etc.
    Hmmmmm.

I'm not so sure Michael..... This is a question to which Freud devoted much of his later life behavioral studies. He might suggest that the question is the surfacing of perhaps a separation anxiety, or perhaps deprivation disorder (DD) brought on by a recent, or possible distant experience in which you were left out, or felt betrayed by one whom perhaps you held in high regard as a confidant or close friend. Go ahead, lay down on the sofa, relax, and tell me about your early years......... Let's go with that.....
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I admit it. I'm jealous that I didn't get to go fishing with you.

Actually, I got a Classmates.com email a few days earlier and realized that I don't stay in contact with any of the people I graduated with (although one of my best friends graduated the year after I did). That got me to thinking who my friends are, and I realized that quite a few of them are affiliate marketers. It's somewhere between 25-50% for me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I admit it. I'm jealous that I didn't get to go fishing with you. Actually, I got a Classmates.com email a few days earlier and realized that I don't stay in contact with any of the people I graduated with (although one of my best friends graduated the year after I did). That got me to thinking who my friends are, and I realized that quite a few of them are affiliate marketers. It's somewhere between 25-50% for me.
    Let's go with that Michael........

Your jealousy over the fishing trip has perhaps manifested itself in this question about who your friends are, or indeed whether you actually have any friends with whom you have a substantive relationship. That obviously inspired your reflections on past relationships that was kindled by the classmates email.

I sense a silent guilt being expressed in your post with regard to not staying connected with the "best friend" you refer to from your school days. You perhaps wonder if it was a friendship of convenience that came about to fulfill your need for support. These school friends are what I refer to as "functional" friends. Friendship that is formed by mutual necessity in stressful or challenging situations.

You question whether a functional friend, (such the companion figure you refer to from school days) is normal. You feel that you have deserted that friendship by failing to communicate, thus in essence telling that friend that you no longer value his/her friendship. In other words, you used him/her for your own gain, and then when graduation was over, dumped him/her like a bag of potatoes. I've seen this post graduation stress disorder (PGSD) many times.

Hence, in order to avoid discarding additional friendships, you joined a forum of pretend beings to shield yourself from possible future disappointment and separation disorder syndrome. (SDS)

Perfectly normal!!! (aka: BFD)

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    I have so many friends from so many different walks of life, I hate to pigeon-hole myself in anything, friendship lifestyles included.

I love that I can learn something different from almost everyone I know and consider a friend, and I love that each of my friends fulfills a different facet of who/what I am.

Having said that, over the years, I have most definitely made some incredible friends in this business, and I value them immensely (you know who you are!).

Part of what I love about this biz is that most of us are so open to the networking off the cuff, which in my experience really helps to reinforce business bonds in the long run, but also makes for some really interesting and inspiring friends. I love this business!

I can't imagine having made nearly as many friends within my industry had I become an accountant or something like that! LOL

And I am your best friend Liz, why don't you write me anymore????????????????????

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Wow - never thought of that before

If a true friend is defined as someone you trust enough with a deep dark secret, or who will be there when you need them

Then I'm proud to say a lot of mine are right here at ABW

My friends outside of AM are jealous of my AM friends, BUT.....

they also think you're all imaginary friends, so they still call and ask me how I'm doing.

I'd have to count Sponge Bob and Kyle as good buds too, as well as Eric and Kenny and Stan...

Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Hmmmmm.

I'm not so sure Michael..... This is a question to which Freud devoted much of his later life behavioral studies. He might suggest that the question is the surfacing of perhaps a separation anxiety, or perhaps deprivation disorder (DD) brought on by a recent, or possible distant experience in which you were left out, or felt betrayed by one whom perhaps you held in high regard as a confidant or close friend. Go ahead, lay down on the sofa, relax, and tell me about your early years......... Let's go with that.....
    Ok Dr. Alan,

I can see that you are a good psychoanalyst, and that you are familiar with the theories of Sigmund Freud too.

I don't know why Michael made the post with the questions the way he did, so that was the reason for the reply I made above.

Yes, that is the reason!

I might be a little , because you're not a real doctor, and I don't have to explain my post above to anyone here, but since you mentioned one of Sigmund Freud theories, I decided to give a little hint, without going into any details.

Michael was right when he said this:
    Many people call their (100s of) acquaintances "friends"
    And you was right when you said this:

or possible distant experience in which you were left out, or felt betrayed by one whom perhaps you held in high regard as a confidant or close friend.
    Over a decade ago, someone that I knew for more than five years, which I had thought was a friend, because we had an almost daily conversations, because we were working on the same place, (even though that someone was on hourly salary, and I was not), I thought that we were friends.

but one day after I have not seen that someone for more than a year, (because I had move on, from that place that we both were working), when I went to introduce that someone as a old friend, to someone else that was with me at that moment, I was told by that old someone that were were not friends, that we were just acquaintances from a place of work, that friends are people that go to each others houses, go fishing together, go party together, etc.

So there you have it, now I am going to get up from the the sofa , there is nothing new on TV, and the VCR just eat that old tape that was playing.

Deep, deep on my mind, I still call friends all the people that I know for more than a year anywhere but, according to that old someone that once I thought I knew, and according to one of Sigmund Freud theories, "I have no friends around here" I only have acquaintances on ABW.

C'est la vie!

Well I don't just have acquaintances here, I have friends. I have met them in person and some of them are my favorite people I know. I always look forward to affiliate events, I get to meet up with my friends. When there is no event, I actually miss everyone.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast