Angry FastNext Sucks
    I should have done a little more reading about FastNext before I signed up. I would have figured out that they do not have a very good reputation. Just last night I uploaded a site to my 'unlimited' account and ever since I have had 'unlimited' problems.

First of all, my site is only sporadically being shown. At least half the time that I try to hit it, I get a "problem showing page" error.

Then, even when it does show, it takes FOREVER to load. I was sending PPC traffic towards it and I can't imagine how much money I have lost due to this problem. And it is not as if it is a big landing page, it is only 7k. I also had people from different areas in North America try to hit it. All had the same problems, so it isn't just a local problem on my side.

So, I try to access their 'live support chat' to try and get some assistance. Nothing. Javascript problems. Hmmmm, how convenient.

Finally, I phone up their customer service line and get somebody who seems to be completely annoyed to be hearing from me and can barely speak English. All I can get out of the conversation is 'Server up, no problem'. That is it.

Never will I host with them again and I recommend that you do not either.

I am currently frantically shopping for another multiple-domain host. Anybody have any recommendations?

Take a look at bluehost. Very reliable with multi-hosting.

Joey

Wow, get this
    Thanks Beach, I appreciate the advice.

Look at this. I had complained that the loading time of my site was too slow so one of the support people ran my site through the Alertra spot check service, which gave the following results:

Time (US/Eastern) Checked From Result KBytes Secs Kbps
    03/17/2007 18:17:13 Shanghai CHINA OK 6.5 14.68 3.65
    03/17/2007 18:17:09 Frankfurt GERMANY OK 6.5 11.21 4.78
    03/17/2007 18:17:08 Chicago USA OK 6.5 10.68 5.02
    03/17/2007 18:17:09 Orlando USA OK 6.5 10.80 4.96
    03/17/2007 18:17:09 Oklahoma City USA OK 6.5 10.87 4.93
    03/17/2007 18:17:09 London UK OK 6.5 11.09 4.83

So basically, to load a 6.4 k page it is taking anywhere between 10.68 - 14.68 seconds. And according to FastNext, this is perfectly acceptable. Way to go FastNext. High standards.

If the word "unlimited" appears anywhere on any webhost's site, in any context, that means find a different host to use.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Internet Cowboy
    Yep, you have the same problems I had, but they insist it is all your fault and their service is wonderful. Search for Serge at ABW and send him a PM to let him know of your problems, not that he cares. He'll tell you they do everything perfectly and their chat software works great.
    Their entire operation is terrible as far as I am concerned. They have so much potential to be good but they insist on not listening to their customers and remaining bad. Especially the customer service people who can't understand you and get frustrated as a result of that and end the call telling you to submit a trouble ticket. Yep, that is FastNext's version of 24-7 support.

I tried to warn everybody in the beginning, but everybody wants to be join the back-patter parade for some reason. Hostony is one of the most prolific board spammers on the entire internet. They couldn't pay me to put my sites on servers that are controlled by them.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I tried to warn everybody in the beginning, but everybody wants to be join the back-patter parade for some reason. Hostony is one of the most prolific board spammers on the entire internet. They couldn't pay me to put my sites on servers that are controlled by them.
    Question, please... Which of the hosting companies mentioned is controlled by Hostony? I have a hard time keeping track of the players sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    Question, please... Which of the hosting companies mentioned is controlled by Hostony? I have a hard time keeping track of the players sometimes.
    From looking at the "whois" info, it looks like FastNext and Hostony are related:

http://whois.domaintools.com/fastnext.com

http://whois.domaintools.com/hostony.com

Thank you. I was trying to research opinions, but there's so much info available and so far most of it looks self-serving. thanks again! It's too early in the A.M. for me to have thought of whois.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    Thank you. I was trying to research opinions, but there's so much info available and so far most of it looks self-serving. thanks again! It's too early in the A.M. for me to have thought of whois.
    Your welcome

Split off Mosso conversation to http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=87166

Affiliate Manager
    I realize that it is quite easy to come to this forum and start a post “Somebody sucks”.

I would really appreciate if you could mention your site name or the IP of the
    server your site was hosted on. I have checked though the tickets and did
    not find any reports that are close to your post. So, it is rather hard to help
    you or give a serious answer.

I also have checked all our servers with Alertra SpotCheck and nameservers
    with Dnsstuff. The speed and connectivity were ok. Though it might be a time
    of day thing caused by some bad cronjob script, etc.

Like any other host we have our part of issues with customers who may
    overload servers with bad written scripts or mysql queries. Once we find such
    scripts we suspend them immediately. Usually such scripts are suspended
    almost immediately when they start overloading the server. In other cases it
    may require some effort to identify them. Especially when such scripts are run
    by the cron and cause short time load spikes.

Also there are a number of other reasons that may cause slow load speeds
    for a particular site when other sites on the server function ok. Such problems
    may cause by table or index corruption, wrong access rights to the file,
    upgrade of the php, etc.

I don’t see any reports about server being slow at the moment. So in case it
    was a server wide problem, I presume it is already resolved.

In case you experience the same (or any other) problem, could you
    please open a trouble ticket and give us more details to attend your
    particular situation promptly and efficiently? Many thanks in advance.

Response to FastNext Serge
    I'm here Serge.

Tell you what, I am not going to mention my site name here publicly. I tried to send it to you but apparently I do not have enough posts to PM anybody yet. If you PM me I would be happy to provide you with all the information that you are looking for. I would prefer that that specific URL, or any of my URLs hosted with FastNext, not be displayed publicly. I would appreciate your cooperation on this.

I can assure you that I did have numerous communications with your support staff when I was having problems. I phoned, and I also opened a 'trouble ticket'. If you cannot "find any reports that are close to [my] post" you were not trying very hard because I included much of the text from one of them earlier.

And, yes, "it is quite easy to come to this forum and start a post “Somebody sucks”." But it is also quite easy to set up a hosting business that takes money from customers up front and then doesn't deliver on it's promises.

'Live support' for instance. Go to your own site http://www.fastnext.com/ and click the 'Live Support' in the top right hand corner. Nothing right? No support whatsoever, never mind live. But, what do you know, the 'Order Now' link works, doesn't it?

How about the fact that you advertise your hosting service in English but your telephone support people can barely speak a word of it? Listen man, I am not asking for a fluent and flowing detailed conversation about the Yankees pitching options this summer. I would settle for semi-comprehension. Something a little more helpful than 'Server up' would be great.

If I am paying money to search engines to bring people to a site that will not load, I am losing money. When I am losing money I want to know why. When I call you to ask why a 6.5k page is taking up to 14 secs to load, I would like a better answer than an irritated 'Server up'. If you advertise to the English speaking community, tell us if your '24/7' support staff does not speak the language. It is just honest.

If you are having troubles with some poorly written scripts hauling the server down, fine, let me know. Do not just brush me off. And please do not come here a week after the fact and make excuses for why it may or 'may not' have happened. BS

What do you mean by "I also have checked all our servers with Alertra SpotCheck and nameservers with Dnsstuff. The speed and connectivity were ok". When did you do this? Can you check the time period for which I was complaining about? If you could you would see that the load time was outrageous. The previous post that I made that had the Alertra SpotCheck stats in it were actually directly from an email that I received from a support agent of yours. Apparently, it was to prove to me that everything was functioning as it should. Really just a 'leave us the heck alone' response.

Look man, I am not looking for a perfect host. They do not exist. There is no such thing as 100% up time, and I would never expect it. But, when trouble occurs, and I am losing money because of a hosting problem, I need some communication with said host. If I cannot establish this communication because the host is either, (a) incapable of, or, (b) refuses communication, you can understand why I get mighty irritated.

If you are interested, I would love a full refund, or even one of the pro-rated variety.

Thanks,

Riley

Affiliate Manager
    Please email me the details at serge at fastnext.com

Thanks
    Last edited by Trust; March 24th, 2007 at 04:02 AM.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread