Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Slow Weekend?
    Experiencing a slow weekend here. Click volume for Saturday was low and so was sales. Sor far, Sunday morning was even slower.

How is everyone doing?

Super slow
    The problem is I have plenty of hits but the conversion sucks in the last week, especially last 2-3 days!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Both click volume and conversions have been down this week. March seems to be a slow month. I suspect maybe it has something to do with winter and spring breaks occurring throughout March in different sections of the country, so fewer shoppers online. Of course someone will now pipe in with: "I'm having a record month. The last two days I booked over ten zillion dollars in sales with a 92% CTR and 75% conversion!"
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Well, watching the evening news last night, everyone in the city was out at the Irish bars...they are probably all still asleep today.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Yup, slow weekend. Is it due to St. Patrick's Day ?

Generally, down for me this whole week too. Had a few nice surprises thrown in though.

I was wondering if spring break had something to do with it...I'll see next week I guess...

ABW Ambassador
    I'm still getting sales with the normal delay. But as far as it being slow, could be lots of reasons.

"Click volume for Saturday was low and so was sales."

If your clicks are down, I would expect sales to be too.

Could be spring break, a little warmer weather in some places, St. Patty's Day, March Madness - NCAA Bastketball that has been on/I've been watching last 4 days straight, tax time, and for me the weekends have always been slower than weekdays, spring/summer usually slower than fall/winter etc.

My stats for the past five years reflect slower clicks/sales during mid to late March. So no surprise there.

I was thinking that maybe next year, in anticipation of March madness, school breaks, and St Paddy day, I'll put together a special package deal which includes a pass to a famous Irish pub in Boston that features college B-Ball playoffs and between games plays uncut versions of GGW!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I'm still getting sales with the normal delay. But as far as it being slow, could be lots of reasons.

"Click volume for Saturday was low and so was sales."

Could be spring break, a little warmer weather in some places, St. Patty's Day, March Madness - NCAA Bastketball that has been on/I've been watching last 4 days straight, tax time, and for me the weekends have always been slower than weekdays, spring/summer usually slower than fall/winter etc.
    Yeesh. I guess sometimes (when things are slow) it's a good idea to step back and honestly try to figure out what's going on that could cause a slowdown. In this case, there seems to be more than enough to keep shoppers from shopping right now.

ABW Ambassador
    I was Googling for some sort of retail sales calendar, something like that. Something that would should offline/online sales throughout the year, the ups and downs and explanations to where you see those ups and downs. I was checking xdude's last post and it was Dec. 21 asking about why sales are down. It's 4 days before Christmas, people are worried about shipping and getting their things on time so online shopping slows down severely the few days/the week leading up to Christmas. Most of the time you can find reasons for these type of things. We just need to get it into Calendar form.

We just need to get it into Calendar form.
    A must in good management practice!!

Talking
    Yesterday, my worst day in a long time. But today is very good.

Fri & sat were my slowest days in a couple months. Today looks about the same so far. From the past few years, April is my worst month, so I think I'm just trending down for that.

ABW Ambassador
    I had a horrible weekend. But that was because the earthlink webhosting server was down most of saturday. Only half the amount of traffic reached my site.

Overall this month, I had doubled my February commissions by March 16, so things have been picking up for me.

Beginning of March was good, then it dies but the last 7 days have been really good, today, Sunday was the best day of the year.

ABW Ambassador
    My clicks are up but conversions are way down. That's in CJ. other networks are fine.

As for the ups and downs of business, it's more of spurts and blackouts. transactions can flood in a short period of time, then disappear for a long time. This has become very prominent the past few weeks or so.

My clicks are up but conversions are way down. That's in CJ. other networks are fine.
    Same. Only CJ is way down. Getting from bad to worse.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by waytogo

As for the ups and downs of business, it's more of spurts and blackouts. transactions can flood in a short period of time, then disappear for a long time. This has become very prominent the past few weeks or so.
    Not for everybody but this is pointed out to you many times. Even in this thread. Like I said before. Pick any day of the year on any network. Post I'm having a bad day in their forum. Somebody else will having a bad day too. Networks have thousands of affiliates, do you really expect those thousands of affiliates do have good days every single day? Of course not.

It's rare that a network has a network wide reporting problem. Now there are some times merchants have issues and it's merchant specific, that can happen anywhere. There are times networks are down, links are down. There are times there is a reporting delay at CJ. When there is an actual reporting delay, everybody sees it. Just refer yourself to old threads.

But right now, it's most likely the other reasons given. Because as in this thread as the other, some people are doing just fine. But that's everyday of the year.

Trust is a pity-party pooper

ABW Ambassador
    Not for everybody but this is pointed out to you many times. Even in this thread. Like I said before. Pick any day of the year on any network. Post I'm having a bad day in their forum. Somebody else will having a bad day too. Networks have thousands of affiliates, do you really expect those thousands of affiliates do have good days every single day? Of course not.

It's rare that a network has a network wide reporting problem. Now there are some times merchants have issues and it's merchant specific, that can happen anywhere. There are times networks are down, links are down. There are times there is a reporting delay at CJ. When there is an actual reporting delay, everybody sees it. Just refer yourself to old threads.

But right now, it's most likely the other reasons given. Because as in this thread as the other, some people are doing just fine. But that's everyday of the year.
    You're generalizing everything so CJ gets off the hook.

If servers are down, then all must be down to you. If affiliates are affected by parasites, then all must be affected to you. To you, unless all is affected, nothing is wrong.

But here's one.

The only network that is down for me is CJ. If this problem is something else, like a blizzard in the east coast or people simply don't want to buy, then don't you think all networks would be affected? How come only CJ is affected?

ABW Ambassador
    "The only network that is down for me is CJ. "

Really? Because when given the opportunity in the other thread, you fold. Others posted screenshots, you asked me if I wanted to see yours. I said yes, you folded. You won't even post numbers, forget about the screenshots. Give me some EPC numbers, how many sales do you average on a day at CJ. Have you pulled your CJ links or not because you flip flop on that too. You're just one of those people that likes to feel sorry for themselves and never take responsibility. When I said you had a crutch mentality, you just keep proving my point. I just didn't know you had it this bad.

ABW Ambassador
    "The only network that is down for me is CJ. "

Really? Because when given the opportunity in the other thread, you fold. Others posted screenshots, you asked me if I wanted to see yours. I said yes, you folded. You won't even post numbers, forget about the screenshots. Give me some EPC numbers, how many sales do you average on a day at CJ. Have you pulled your CJ links or not because you flip flop on that too. You're just one of those people that likes to feel sorry for themselves and never take responsibility. When I said you had a crutch mentality, you just keep proving my point. I just didn't know you had it this bad.
    It was you who told me to provide screenshots, not the other way around. I did not volunteer my stats. I simply clarified what you were asking.

Now you want to make it appear as if I'm the one who volunteered and then folded. Read the thread again.

I declined to provide proof not because I can't provide them but because I am cautious now of giving any hint, however trivial, of my websites.

Parasites and thieves also come here and read ... and learn.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    After reflecting on this and similar threads and looking at what appears to be final CJ and other results for March (except, of course, for LS), some post mortems are in order.

After March looked like it would be my worst month in maybe 1-1/2 years, the last week was way and, in fact, the last two days, usually my two slowest days of the week, were my second and fourth best days of the year, and this March ended about 20% higher in commissions and sales numbers over last March.

As MoneyBusiness wrote:
    Yeesh. I guess sometimes (when things are slow) it's a good idea to step back and honestly try to figure out what's going on that could cause a slowdown. In this case, there seems to be more than enough to keep shoppers from shopping right now.
    and
    As Trust reflected:
    It's spring in some places, still real bad weather in others, its the climax of the BB tournement, the panic part of tax time for many, etc., etc.

Bottom line: Business trends and these types of factor anaylses may well be relevant to shed light on industry-wide figures, but as others have said, for every affiliate who laments they're down, someone boasts they're up. Your business model and how well you implement it are far more important than weather, sports, etc. Millions of customers make purchases every day and it's how well you are able to get a piece of the available action that matters. This is nothing new to you veterans out there, but I think a reasonable epilogue to this thread.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

March ended up being the best month ever in CJ. IT ended up being the best month for some personals site I still promote. The merchant mix in CJ is changing a little bit in terms of the programs that are converting. Lately weekends have been slower than weekdays.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    My stats for the past five years reflect slower clicks/sales during mid to late March. So no surprise there.

I was thinking that maybe next year, in anticipation of March madness, school breaks, and St Paddy day, I'll put together a special package deal which includes a pass to a famous Irish pub in Boston that features college B-Ball playoffs and between games plays uncut versions of GGW!!
    Ya, probably a good time to take vacation or go fishin' for sure.

FWIW Alexa show SAS and CJ down in the dumps with a drop off in March. If you superimpose the two, like you can do in Alexa, you will see a much more pronounced drop on CJ.

However, I don't know if aff traffic gets recorded on the regular SAS and CJ dot com addresses or not...

The graph seems to reflect a weekday vs weekend cycle too. CJ is blue SAS red.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mr_jones; April 1st, 2007 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Didn't see the GIF on preview, assumed something wrong

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast