Angry Lack of support from ian.com
    Would be interested to get some feedback on travelnow.com -their affiliate arm is ian.com

I found there affiliate support is just the worse.

I takes them over a month to reply to emails, not one email but many sent.

I have a private label site and have been reluctant to promote it as I was told that they do not accept any credit card payments from outside the US for their vacation or holiday packages.

Wondering if any other publishers experience the poor support from ian.com

Cheers

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Ian.. lots of technology that goes behind their product but I am not sure about their support.

I am not sure if you can dig up an email address from somewhere on the net as it would be much easier to get a reply as oppose to the generic email address (affiliates at domain name).

All the best.

Smile
    Eric good of you to reply

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Same engine as Hotels.com. 1 day cookie. Don't waste your time.

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Same engine as Hotels.com. 1 day cookie. Don't waste your time.
    If you have a private label site that doesn't matter as a customer goes to your site repeatedly and not elsewhere. Or are you saying that if a customer does a search using the facility you have and return to your site later for a search, then purchases through your site, that you don't get credited with the sale?
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

1 day cookie as in

Joe Smoe goes to your private label website. Does the search for hotels and lands on Hotels . com's website via affiliate URL.

Joes Smoe talks to his wife about the trip, checks his kid's school schedule and by the time he wants to book, the fist site that comes to his mind is Hotels dot com and he would go directly to hotels dot com. Most likely, the 24hrs cookie will expire by then and you will not get the credit for the booking.

There are companies that have a 0.247 cookie duration, so imagine the sale/reservation that you will not see from non-comm sales cos if the visitor takes more than 6 hrs to purchase, you are out of luck.

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Eric

I'll PM you on this as I wish to get additional clarification on this issue and I cannot posturl's

John
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

John, replied.
    All the best.

ABW Ambassador
    ian.com PL platform used to be great a few years back. Not sure how it is now, with big G weeding out most affiliate PL sites in this space!.

With PL platform, cookie duration should be a non-issue, I think.

The Travelnow.com affiliate program is actually a great affiliate program, they have some of the best technology for affiliates in the travel space, if not the best

I used to be an Affiliate Manager for Hotels.com, and when we there all e-mails were answered within 24 hours. And we had one of the best running affiliate programs. I'm not sure how their support is now? If you need a direct contact I would get a hold of Jamie B. (I'm not sure if I can add last names???) He should be able to take care of all your questions.

As far as the 24 hour cookie, the IAN.com affiliate program is ran off of your CID or Account number so when someone books a room off of your site it captures your CID and not a cookie. The 24 cookie really shouldn't be an issue since you have a private label site with them. If you were co-branding as Hcom that could cause an issue just like what Eric stated.

Redtagdeals is right with G weeding out all of the PL sites out of the search results. Travel affiliates will have to get more creative in how they build and market their sites. One of the best ways to go in the travel space would be to utilize XML or build our niche content for your pages.

Phone number for IAN
    Does anyone have a phone number for IAN?

I'm looking at stats, showing 13 confirmed and paid for bookings, but the stats generator doesn't show me anything except that they were paid for. (No dollar reporting, no commission reporting.)

An email to affiliate@ian.com returned a response which told me how to log in and look at my stats.

Not helpful.

Anyone have a phone number for IAN that will reach a real person? Or an email for someone that will understand the question I'm asking?

Thanks,

Jonathan

You can call one of the AMs @ four six nine-three three five-one one zero six. They currently have two AMs that work with private label affiliates, and two that work with XML/WS affiliates. The two teams are pretty separate, so when 1 is out on a given team it can be pretty hard to get a hold of someone.

But you'll find that their reporting is not the best even when you get it working right. The commission is hard coded in the stats to be 5%, even if yours is higher or lower.

Your best best is to check all of the fields, download the .csv and use a calc or excel function to calculate your own commission based on the sale. Or even make your own database.

IAN is funny that way with their reporting. Their inventory, prices, and technology behind their booking engine are top of the line. But WCT crushes them in reporting/stats.

I deal with a lot of private label travel affiliates and overall I like IAN the best.

I'm one of the larger affiliates for IAN.com and overall I would give them a B. If you are going Private Label, they are very good. Technology is good. If you are one of the higher volume affiliates, they will pay more attention to you. If you aren't doing much in terms of volume sales, you'll end up at the bottom of the priority list.

ABW Ambassador
    That seems to be the way this BIZ works and it does make sense.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread