Thumbs up MOSSO [Split Off]
    If your looking for outstanding hosting for Linux/Windows and want "fanatical support" with "100% uptime" with 24x7x365 "real time support" then I recommend MOSSO Hosting (a RackSpace venture) then shoot over to https://www.mosso.com/ .

I can't say enough good things about this package after having "Unlimited Domains" on their enterprise clusters and they have awesome load balancers that process the requests super-duper fast.

Is it cheap? Depends on how you look at it ... I find it to be an excellent value for all the perks your receiving.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by DesignerWiz
    If your looking for outstanding hosting for Linux/Windows and want "fanatical support" with "100% uptime" with 24x7x365 "real time support" then I recommend MOSSO Hosting (a RackSpace venture) then shoot over to https://www.mosso.com/ .

I can't say enough good things about this package after having "Unlimited Domains" on their enterprise clusters and they have awesome load balancers that process the requests super-duper fast.

Is it cheap? Depends on how you look at it ... I find it to be an excellent value for all the perks your receiving.
    Not to side track, but does mosso actually allow you to run a busy site or is it like mediatemple which squashes you based on the misleading GPU units (processing power your site uses).

thanks

Not to side track, but does mosso actually allow you to run a busy site or is it like mediatemple which squashes you based on the misleading GPU units (processing power your site uses).
    Hello Chetf,

I have 1 client that runs numerous sites and a few of her sites get some very heavy traffic flow and there's not a complaint one from either the client or mosso.

So I'll answer that as a no from our experiences.
    Ray Thomas

Split Thread

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by DesignerWiz
    Hello Chetf,

I have 1 client that runs numerous sites and a few of her sites get some very heavy traffic flow and there's not a complaint one from either the client or mosso.

So I'll answer that as a no from our experiences.
    Cool. I had tried media temple's grid server and hated it. Down time, slow and the bizarre billing based on their made up units. I cancelled months ago and stil get updates to trouble tickets - so stay away from media temple! But mosso seems interesting.

Chet

OMG! Do NOT go to mosso! I switched to them because they are using Rackspaces network. They have had problems since day one Nov 2006... and still every stinkin day, another problem. sure, they have instant live support... but your emails still dont work, the new domains never take, you have to call to get them to fix. what a flippin mess... the account/billing is a nightmare if you use it for your clients. i HATE mossso.
    do yourself a favor and stay away.

Hmmm, lets see, trying to think.....

We got Ray who's been here over 2 years, contributed 2,300 posts, is a programmer, has contributed programs exclusive to ABW members, is a moderator.., telling us one thing.

On the other hand, we got someone who's been here an hour, posted 1 time, telling us a different opinion.

I'm confused. I really torn between the statements and trying to decide who has more credibility.

do you work for mosso?
    hey, i am trying to help other web companies not go through this headache.
    go ask him how his emails have been doing for the past 2 days... please, go ask him. i am sure, he is not happy with them.. unless, he is an affiliate for them. hmmm... are u?

i thought mosso was the answer to our prayers... from day one, they have had down time and slow loading sites and a number of other problems. if you guys are using mosso, which cluster are u on? also, do a search for their uptime via netcraft. 100% uptime i think NOT!

mosso HATERS, not just us
    Someone, ANYONE, please tell us how we quit this outfit
    Forum Index -> General Discussion Watch
    03/13/2007 12:52:47 Subject: Someone, ANYONE, please tell us how we quit this outfit

traders101

We gave up on mosso, after their repeated inability to provide anything like adequate hosting, and have made numerous requests by email to both our so called 'account manager' and the founders of mosso requesting the cancellation of our account.

It's like talking to a brick wall.

Can anyone tell me how the HELL I cancel a mosso account???

03/13/2007 14:03:14 Subject: Someone, ANYONE, please tell us how we quit this outfit

mschares

traders101 wrote:

Can anyone tell me how the HELL I cancel a mosso account???

Well there is the easy way of moving everything to a new server and disputing any charges they make to your credit card. Good luck!

03/13/2007 14:42:25 Subject: Re:Someone, ANYONE, please tell us how we quit this outfit

Jeremy

Hi traders101,

Your account has been closed. I'm sorry if you felt like you were having troubles cancelling your account, but I can confirm that we received your cancellation notification, processed the request, and have already followed up directly with the account's primary contact when everything was complete. You may want to check with the account's primary contact if you have any further questions since we have been in contact with her throughout the day.

Thank you,
    Jeremy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jeremy Siefer
    Customer Operations Manager, Mosso :: The Hosting System

Hmmmmm .... I'm dumbfounded at your commentary of "site down" and "slow loading" and "mail servers don't work".

I have found mosso to be 100% opposite of what you state as being their bad attributes. One of my clients who is hosted on the enterprise server that you state is "having a problem every stinking day" and the mail servers don't work is actually loving mosso services more each day.

And, to make this even more odd ... I have another client that we work with who sends out a daily coupon special notifications to their opt-in users and to date they have not had a single problem one with thousands of mails being sent out daily.

How to remove your account: You simply pickup the phone and call 1-877-934-0407 and tell them your user/pass info and the account you want cancelled .... and it'll be done el-prompto (I assume this comment).

And No, I don't get any backend royalties or a single penny in commissions for speaking positive of mosso, nor would I accept such a setup that would directly or indirectly influence how I may or may not speak about any company ... my reputation on this board means far more to me than to stoop to such a level.

Personally speaking, I don't care if anyone here grabs a mosso account or any other hosting packages we may comment about. I simply state the facts as I see them and let others be the final judge of what is best for their particular need.

As far as I am concerned, mosso rocks compared to many-many-many other hosting servers that we have had the pleasure and displeasure of working with.
    Ray Thomas

ABW Ambassador
    Resurrecting old thread to update.

Tried mosso. Mosso decided to change their billing metric from actual bandwidth - to hits. Glad I just tested mosso.

Yes, the 1990s cool, look how many hits I get, metric. That means they are billing for design, not usage.

To give you some idea. What 3 million "hits" a month means...

The frontpage of abestweb creates "35" hits per page load. Just that page with the new billing metric would only be able to be served 85,714 times per month before hitting their base price. On the other hand, affiliateutilities.com with 23 hits per page load would be allowed 130,434 views. And then something like google with 2 hits, would be allowed 1.5 million views.

Chet

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread