Finding SAS affiliates as a new merchant
    I just completed the signup and approval for Shareasale and was wondering if there was a list of SAS affiliates that I could browse. I thought there may be some way to find affiliates who were selling within the same category and ask them to join. Or is the normal practice to allow them to find me as a merchant?

http and a telephoto
    Welcome to both Shareasale and ABestWeb. There isn't a list of affiliates available. Recruiting is a main part of an affiliate managers job. You can start by purchasing an ad here at ABestWeb to announce your program and get some visibility and feedback about your site, products and program.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    What is your website about?

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by PetsWarehouse.com
    What is your website about?
    You can go to his profile and see the website.
    Deborah Carney

Hi, and welcome, Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    There isn't a list of affiliates available. Recruiting is a main part of an affiliate managers job.

SaS also has a few good ways to recruit affiliates. Featuring your affiliate program as a Featured Program of the Week is one of the better ones. Announcing here at ABW is a must if you're serious about your program.

Also, read around (both here at ABW, and in books on affiliate management ) and you'll find out about good affiliate recruitment methods.

Best of luck with your program, and once again: welcome to ABestWeb, Matt!

Geno

Thanks for the info loxly. I am kind of surprised there is no way for merchants to find affiliates on SAS rather than the other way around but I sure there is good reason.

It is a software product so I suppose one strategy will be to find software resellers and email them if I think they would be interested.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by MattJohns
    Thanks for the info loxly. I am kind of surprised there is no way for merchants to find affiliates on SAS rather than the other way around but I sure there is good reason.
    Yes, the good reason is that affiliates don't like being spammed by new merchants Not that you would spam, but others do. There are advertising options within Shareasale as Geno noted, and Shareasale has a "Quick Start" package for new merchants as well that can get you going.

Expecting to find good affiliates without spending time and money is unrealistic. Believe me, buying an announcement here is a very good investment, and it isn't expensive.
    Deborah Carney

I will certainly be doing an announcement here as it appears to be good value.

I'm very excited to get my teeth into this. I've skimmed the forum for a week or so and there's some great information. Working with affiliates should be good for the company as well as just the act of collaborating which always sparks new ideas for me.

Let me know if there are other methods you use for getting the word out to affiliates as far as paid advertising goes. We've put aside a few hundred dollars to get it started over the next month or so.

http and a telephoto
    Let me know if there are other methods you use for getting the word out to affiliates as far as paid advertising goes. We've put aside a few hundred dollars to get it started over the next month or so.
    Hire an OPM, even for a limited contract to get you started. (Not plugging my services, I don't do software )
    Deborah Carney

Be careful with how you spend your affiliate recruitment budget, Matt. Paid advertising is not always the best way. Look into hiring an OPM to do some recruitment for you.

Geno

Geno,

It's not easy finding any who deal with software publishers. Searching around I tend to get a lot of hits for opm software products like tracking programs etc., rather than affiliate managers who actually deal with that category of product.

Let me know if you recommend any OPMs who deal with those types of affiliates. I'd also be interested on your general take on software publishing through affiliates.

Matt, I get a "404 page not found" error when trying to visit your product page on the website listed in your profile.

Thank you for that the I just put the new menu in a couple of hours ago. I'm glad you caught that for me!

Affiliate Manager
    definetly do the announcement here. You wont get an influx of affiliates but you will find a few and maybe create some nice relationships here.

It's not easy finding any who deal with software publishers. Searching around I tend to get a lot of hits for opm software products like tracking programs etc., rather than affiliate managers who actually deal with that category of product...
    I'd write to various OPMs and ask them if they are interested. I'm sure you'll get response.

Best of luck, Matt!

Geno

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hi all;

I just started running a new program and wanted to post on the paid ad. On the page it states $50 but when you go to the page to enter cc details it is $75.
    Which is it?
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

$75, I'll fix the page now.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Outsourced Program Manager
    :-)

Good thing we keep you on top of things
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread