Is the coupon system really wonky...?
    ...or is it just me?

I started playing with one of our well neglected affiliate sites this weekend and it's lead me into coupons at SaS. Is it me, or is the coupon sys just a mess?

First, I can't seem to view, on-screen, only the coupons available from programs we are enrolled in.

It defaults to every available coupon/offer on all of SaS, and there's no filter system to sort it down to just the offers I care about. It seems I have to download a .csv to see offers relevant to me.

Second, when I do download the .csv of coupons available for my merchants, the data doesn't match the data available online.

I checked several offers from more than one merchant, and quite often the online pop-up had much more detailed offer descriptions and explanations than the download. That'd be fine if my first gripe above was fixed, but as it stands, it renders the download pretty useless as I still have to go view each coupon online to get the details missing in the .csv.

That's really frustrating...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar

If it helps, when you search by MerchantID number in the search box it will filter only by those offers/coupons...

Deals Database is due for some upgrades in general hope to have those very soon.

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO -, Inc.

Searching by MerchantID is probably about as slow as downloading the .csv and then doing a ctrl+f on the big list to get the full description of each, but may speed things up for merchants with a bunch of offers. Worth a try in any case.

This was just my first time really playing with the coupon system and those two things really stood out as hurdles. Of course, after all my Yahoo PPC interface issues last week, I'm a little sensitive...

I look forward to whatever upgrades are in the works. If anyone on your tech side wants clarification on the issues mentioned, they're welcome to get in touch.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread