Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Question Avantlink from the affilate side
    I was just checking out the Avantlink site and spoke to Gary about their bells and whistles.

It looks like a real neat backend with feeds and RSS links, dynamic coupons, good database features, blogs a bunch of cool stuff for affiliates.

I think they built a better mouse trap

Can affiliates please convey their experiences.

Bob

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    The affiliates that I talk to told me that they are a good network with lots of tools.
    I am impressed with the RSS (Hey LINKSHARE, please read this post and help us have some tools)

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Love it!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

http and a telephoto
    AvantLink is a great new network with lots of tools, but your issues are not network related and network hopping at this point may not be in your best interests.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    I think that's the other thread:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=86972

This one he's asking about Avantlink from the affiliate side. So from the affiliate side, I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    AvantLink is a great new network with lots of tools, but your issues are not network related and network hopping at this point may not be in your best interests.
    Loxy, this thread is about the tools which you indicated are great.

I think I'm in a better position to identify my issues.

My issue is a high tech network Vs average tech one.

Brian has not been responsive to my needs, Gary has been very responsive.

I haven't decided to hop to another network, yet.
    I'm just trying to get feedback in what affiliates like or dislike.

Thanks again for your input.
    Bob

why not test Avant out and if they run a better ship and works best for your company, then make the decision that serve you best.

you need to know that it will cause some headache cos affiliates have to change our links.. major pain

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Bob,

Check your PM

Eric, your right on point.

What ever the company decides to do will effect almost 1,700 of our affiliates.

We know now the in-house program will wind down and those affiliates many of whom are using our data feeds will need time to convert to another network if their not already there.

We are thinking of ways to compensate them for the extra work they will incur also.

So far albeit early in this thread you like the backend of AL, lets wait and see if there are more posts.

Bob

ABW Ambassador
    Wouldn't it be better just to email your actual active affiliates and ask them what they prefer? Affiliates are your partners, that's who merchants should listen too.

Funny you say that, what's been happening is they have been emailing us asking us about the changes.

Two asked if the backend of Avantlink was good or better than others, hence this thread.

So I guess they read ABW.

Bob

Two asked if the backend of Avantlink was good or better than others, hence this thread..
    Why not sign up as an affilaite and have a 1st hand tour yourself? You will have some opinion then you can use some other aff's opinion to support/reject your thoughts.

Slipping out of lurk mode to give my opinions on Avantlink...

As an Affiliate I love Avantlink... I wish ALL merchants had an account with them.. I would use them exclusively... actually headed in that direction as their merchant pool grows...

Their tools are great... they allow me to advertise for merchants in just about any way that I want, or need to.. RSS FEEDS, Deal Of The Day, Coupon Feeds, Dynamic Display Builder, Dynamic SITE creator etc...

For affiliates that use datafeeds.. Avantlink is the absolute best...
    There are way too many features included with their FREE datafeeds for me to list here...

Their staff = very responsive & always looking for new and innovative ways to make our j*bs as affiliates EASIER...

Their site = easy to find exactly what you want... quickly... Very CLEAN site that is easy to look at as well as navigate...

The network = PARASITE FREE... owned by TRUSTED ABW members...

Their merchants = All merchants are ACTUAL merchants.. no affiliate posers slip through the cracks at Avantlink... No OFFLINE merchants due to lack of funds...

Simply put -- AvantLink.com is above and beyond ANY available network in every way possible...

Back To LurksVille

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    As an AM I am very happy with AvantLink but am biased because I worked with both Gary and Scott at Backcountry. When I took over as AM there they were the affiliate program both on the affiliate management side and programmer side. Their datafeed are based on affiliate standards created on ABW. Both are past affiliates and know what affiliates need to be successful.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AddHandler
    Slipping out of lurk mode to give my opinions on Avantlink...

As an Affiliate I love Avantlink... I wish ALL merchants had an account with them.. I would use them exclusively... actually headed in that direction as their merchant pool grows...

Their tools are great... they allow me to advertise for merchants in just about any way that I want, or need to.. RSS FEEDS, Deal Of The Day, Coupon Feeds, Dynamic Display Builder, Dynamic SITE creator etc...

For affiliates that use datafeeds.. Avantlink is the absolute best...
    There are way too many features included with their FREE datafeeds for me to list here...

Their staff = very responsive & always looking for new and innovative ways to make our j*bs as affiliates EASIER...

Their site = easy to find exactly what you want... quickly... Very CLEAN site that is easy to look at as well as navigate...

The network = PARASITE FREE... owned by TRUSTED ABW members...

Their merchants = All merchants are ACTUAL merchants.. no affiliate posers slip through the cracks at Avantlink... No OFFLINE merchants due to lack of funds...

Simply put -- AvantLink.com is above and beyond ANY available network in every way possible...

Back To LurksVille
    this post reflects many of my own thoughts
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Their little ears are gonna be burning. Although I haven't used all of the tools that AddHandler posted about yet, would agree with everything said.

Guess it may not always be a factor considered as real high up there in importance or relevant to all but they're one of the nicest group of people I've felt fortunate to be working with as an affiliate, too. One of the things that's meant the most to me is that they treat all of their affiliates as if they're important and very much appreciated, from their biggest to smallest. That includes everybody in their network. Really like them very much and would think is the same felt by all of their affiliates. Don't really think I could come up with anything negative about them.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread