jewelrytelevision affiliate manager
    Does anyone know the contact info for the current Jewelrytelevision.com affiliate manager?

ABW Ambassador
    I always had hard time to contact their AMs. It took me weeks to get an email response from their old AM last year(that's the last time I've ever tried to contact them)

Seems like they've changed new AMs lately. The only email listed on CJ interface is jewelrytv at cj.com. Have you tried that? How about affiliate at jtv.com, affiliate at jewelrytv.com, or affiliate at jewelrytelevision.com?

when they first came along their AM was great. Too good for them I suppose.

Good luck getting them to answer emails, whether thier own or through CJ system. You can call JTV home office but they don't know wtf you are talking about no matter how your phrase anything to do with "affiliate".
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    You can call JTV home office but they don't know wtf you are talking about no matter how your phrase anything to do with "affiliate".
    Exactly!

Not jsut jtv, I've tried to call another merchant before(desperatly needed to get hold of them) on the office numbers listed on their website. Their reactions to "I'm one of your affiliates..." is "WHAT???"

Guess only the top guy in the company knows the secret of their affiliate program.

It was Richard Calentine but he left a few months ago. I am trying very hard to find out who it is, so I will post when I find out.

Affiliate Manager
    I have not checked out these boards in a while as I am not involved with affiliate marketing much anymore. So I decided to check out what is happening in the affiliate world these days and here I find out that my name is mentioned in a post. How I feel honored. Anyway, after re-reading the rules I am not sure if I can post the current Affiliate Manager's e-mail at JTV, so discretion is the best part of valor. jdonisthorpe, please e-mail me at rcalentine at hotmail dot com to discuss.

I asked CJ the other day for a way to contact JTV outside of the CJ mail interface. Their answer was that this is the only contact information that they have. Yeah, ok. They have no way of contacting a vendor that pumps millions of dollars a month through them?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

rcalentine I would greatly appreciate if you could provide (PM?) a TELEPHONE NUMBER for the affiliate manager extension at JTV. I don't want the affiliate manager's email address, as that is subject to change.

jdonisthorpe - I'd be curious to know if you have the same concerns that I do. My long-steady sales from the coupon link flat-out died on March 1st. My traffic levels/patterns have not changed. And the EPC is there, so *somebody* is getting credit for sales driven through CJ.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Jewelry Television
    I'd like to point out a few of my own observations about Jewelry Television. I'm not sure if many other JTV affiliates noticed, but several weeks ago they snuck a change by us in CJ's pending offers area (a.k.a. change in terms) that replaced the Action Referral Occurrences from "Unlimited" to "1 time(s)". This was pretty sneaky and not a very fair change... at least from our perspective. I found out through some research and questioning that many of the customers I had referred to JTV had come back to buy more items (repeat buyers), and certainly within the 30 day Action Referral Period. Of course, we can no longer get commissions for these additional sales. davidh's problem as well as other affiliates' may have something to do with this, but there could be other reasons.

Another thing I noticed is that my PPC campaigns for JTV which last year were getting very high conversion rates have completely tanked for Google PPC, even though my ad text and links have not changed, and I've tested them repeatedly to make sure the links work (though I don't go so far as making test purchases). Interestingly my MSN ads still do OK with JTV, but the volume is far lower than Google. I don't know if this low conversion is related to a Google issue or JTV. Perhaps JTV has made recent affiliations with some parasites (anyone know?), or the quality of Google clicks has gone way down for these keywords. I'm using only search and no longer have the content network active for my JTV Google campaign, so that rules out the possibility that it's crappy content placement. I certainly have a good statistical set of Google clicks to analyze, and a dismal conversion ratio is all I've seen lately.

JTV also recently emailed affiliates that it's no longer allowed to use any of their trademarks in Display URL for PPC purposes. Hence www. jewelrytelevision .com, etc cannot be used for Display URL and all affiliate sales generated by ads with their merchant URLs would be reversed. Admittedly, some of my ad campaigns were using variants of their URL in the display (there was nothing before this change in the rules saying we couldn't), so I stopped doing that. I can understand this change in policy protecting their in-house PPC program's rankings, but to have a blanket restriction on use of their URL is in my opinion going too far. After all, their in-house people will only think of a fraction of the keyword combos that all their diverse affiliates will come up with. Direct-to-merchant PPC is all but quashed with this poicy, at least with respect to Google who generally only allow the merchant's own domain name to be used if there's no intermediate landing page from ad to final destination.

One other thing that irks me is that JTV had effected a positive, helpful change in their data entry practices to have reps enter reversals into the CJ system more often than just once a month, to help affiliates get a better bearing on how we're doing. Richard C. (the former interim Aff Manager) was very instrumental in getting JTV to do these data entries more often (usually weekly), but that seems to have fallen by the wayside in the past few months. Instead of weekly it seems to me to be maybe twice a month maximum. That's better than once per month, but considering how long we have to wait between a commission showing up on CJ and knowing if we'll actually get paid for it (up to 70 days because of JTV's automatic 30-day extension period, plus CJ's reporting/crediting practices), I'd really like JTV to do these reversals weekly again. The reversal rate can fluctuate wildly so we need to know how much money we thought we would be paid but will in fact lose to product returns and fraudulent activity.

Also there's been a giant leak since I started with the program that features a prominent 800 phone number on the landing page and every page of JTV even when going through affiliate links. Put an affiliate phone tracking program into place already, Jewelry Television!! How hard can that be?

And yes, we need to know whom to contact as an AM now. There have been some emails to all affiliates through the CJ system, but they do not specify whom to contact, no person's name at the bottom of the emails, and there is certainly no name/email/phone number to contact. I echo davidh's sentiment and will add that it's absurd that a company which has such a large volume of sales through CJ would not readily disclose contact info about a dedicated affiliate manager (or team of them) for us to communicate with.

Hey there, ABW super-AMs and super-OPMs: Any of you reading this wanna dive in and work on pitching your services to JTV? Oh, to have an Andy Rodriguez or a Liz Gazer as the AM for JTV... *swoon*
    Last edited by spacedog; April 1st, 2007 at 03:35 PM.

Affiliate Manager
    WOW. I am mentioned again in a post. I am again so honored Before I begin, I do want state one thing. I am no longer emplyed at JTV. But I can speak to some of the changes as they were discussed before I left. Just for information, they do now have a full time AM. Though I do think that Andy or Liz could definitely help guide them in the right direction. I had the pleasure of talking to Liz last year and know what a Supper AM she is. JTV had talked about adjusting the Occurances from unlimited to some number (I was not exactly sure what number they have decided on). They obviously decided to go with 1. I am a little surprised they did not communicate this with the affiliates. Spacedog, I understand this is iritating, but you stated the reason why they decided to make this change. This change was really decided for one type of affiliate, but unfortunately it affects all affiliates the same. I had heard that they were going to move to a more strict policy on the PPC bidding. You are partially correct about the in-house PPC program, but the other part is they are trying to protect their brand. As far as the reversals being entered into the system on a weekly basis. I really do not have a whole lot of insight on this. What I do know is that when I left the precedure was in place to accomplish this. As a former affiliate manager, I have always had to answer the 800 number question. I completely understand the affiliate point of view, but at the end of the day the number exists for the customer. To create tracking codes in the backend system is more difficult at JTV that you would think it is. I would really not plan on anything like that for a long time.

"they do now have a full time AM"

They may call it that, but if this person has no contact with affiliates, and affiliates do not know this person exists, and cannot even find out who this person is without asking one of JTV's ex-employees, then it is something else altogether.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Thanks rcalentine for stepping up to the plate for JTV even though you are no longer their AM or even employed there. I now have the new AM's contact info and will touch base with him about some of my concerns. I'm curious about what type of affiliate you're referring to in terms of why they changed Occurrences from Unlimited to 1 (fraudsters? CPA networks?). The only reason I could see that a merchant would do that, is to keep more of their money and not have to pay as much out to affiliates. Yes, it's their prerogative as to how they want to run their program, but it doesn't sit well with me. I pay a lot for the small percentage of PPC clicks that eventually lead to sales, and if that customer buys again using the same cookie and within the 30 day referral period, why shouldn't I deserve an additional commission?

I'll talk to the AM and see if he can offer me special terms for that part of the full program terms. I know percentage commission can be changed on a per-affiliate basis, but I don't know if any of the other aspects can be changed like that. Hope so!!

Affiliate Manager
    JTV affiliate contact
    My name is Philip Schutt, and I work for Jewelry Television. Currently, my role is to work with the Internet affiliate program.

As we do change people in this role, I'd suggest this e-mail: affiliates@jtv.com.

In the short term, my direct e-mail is philip.schutt@jtv.com

We have made significant changes to our program this calendar year, including policing of our search policy, paying commission once per cookie, and fixing a calculation error.

On the positive, we have put in place procedures to keep our creatives more current, include our affiliates in key promotions (some of you may have seen the Diamond give away, or the current Spring Trends), and are beginning to test RSS feeds.

As Richard Calentine has moved on from JTV, I'll add this forum as something to monitor. If you do have a business issue, please contact me directly.

Just to be clear, I will not be responding to individual claims in this forum. I am available via e-mail, and am open to scheduling phone calls. Many of the postings I see in this thread are just plain wrong. For example, we have been processing our product returns weekly for six months now.

I realize I'm not Andy R. - but I will do what I can......

What a coincidence. Same stuff happening with Netaya; most links with 3-month EPC's in the hundred$ all of a sudden $0.00 current EPC. Whether these are merchant issues or CJ issues, who knows. But what I do know is that I have only seen this kind of crap happen on CJ. And quite often, at that.

"My name is Philip Schutt, and I work for Jewelry Television. Currently, my role is to work with the Internet affiliate program.
    "

It would be nice if "working with affiliates" fell somewhere within the scope of that "role".

Are you aware that CJ is telling your affiliates that the only contact info that you, their client, have provided to them is an @cj.com email address?

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread