ABW Ambassador
    Google Testing Another Layout
    I know they're testing things out all the time but I like the old look/normal look better
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    After looking at the screenshot, I have to ask - are there still any natural search results on the page somewhere?

Just more reason for affiliates to encourage people to use other search engines.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Cagles Mill
    After looking at the screenshot, I have to ask - are there still any natural search results on the page somewhere?
    In the center, towards the bottom. The little area about the size of a postage stamp. Google would call it "content".

I see on the left they are starting to group. I've been using http://clusty.com for years because they make sense of searching the web by "clustering" like results into subgroups. G is starting to catch on finally.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    In the center, towards the bottom. The little area about the size of a postage stamp. Google would call it "content".
    Yeah, I was "half" joking. One natural search result is all that shows up without having to scroll down the page???? And, even that one you can see is only partially shown so you can't even see its URL.

It all seems a pretty sad state of affairs for a supposed search engine. Personally, I use search engines to look for natural results, not for what the company owning the search engine think they can make money off of.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

ABW Ambassador
    That was just the top half. I don't think they'll use that one, didn't look good. Not getting it anymore, back to normal now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    That was just the top half. I don't think they'll use that one, didn't look good. Not getting it anymore, back to normal now.
    They must have read my comment then decided it was a bad idea.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That was ugly. Too crowded.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

It seemed ok for me. Don't forget that the screenshot seemed rather small and I think it was done in the smaller resolution which I don't use anymore which is the same for alot of others.
    [url=www.gamesdash.com]Games Dash[/url] - listing many free online games that you can play.

ABW Ambassador
    Now I've been seeing the 3 column layout for a couple weeks now, don't like it.

I really dont like the look of it either. Why not keep what they have. It is a good balance IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cagles Mill
    Just more reason for affiliates to encourage people to use other search engines.
    I'll just encourage them to use my own search engine

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

just started seeing the 3 column layout for some terms that previously did not display like this....looks like this is the new look....something about it just does not feel right.

If i'm looking for a specific product, why would i want to be presented with additional items like:

Images
    Video
    News
    Maps
    Blogs
    Books
    Products
    Groups
    Patents
    Scholar

Only blogs and images had anything close to what i was searching for and as a result everything that returned was offset to the right for no reason...not to mention that a number of these are already listed at the top...if i want images i will look in the images they don't need to tell me twice ...WTF google

what i found the funniest was that not even products returned anything, when in fact i was searching for a product...nice

ABW Ambassador
    I've been seeing a couple of other layouts besides the ones already mentioned. Weren't too good either but it looks like they're experimenting more nowadays.

I wounder if these changes to google ar emaking their site nto work great over the past 2 days. Ihave to hit the go button a few times before google is responding. Has nayone else had this problem?
    Joe Pantel, Chief Executive Officer [URL=http://www.adfinity.com]www.adfinity.com[/URL]
    [email=Joe@adfinity.com]Joe@adFinity.com[/email] AIM: adFinityJoe Phone: 800-925-8530 Ext. 201
    Weekly Payments, $500 Bonus, Highest Payouts, 24/7 Customer Support

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread