Just stumbled in
    Hello Everyone,

I'm brand new to the whole website thing, the whole affiliate marketing thing... as much a newbie as one can get.

I've signed up for a few affiliates which are on my website. I'm planning on doing a lot of reading now to figure out 1) if I have the best ones for my site and 2) how to get the most out of them.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Rhonda

Hi, Rhonda; Welcome to ABW!

You'll get the hang of it. Best to learn the lingo, though. You've signed up with merchants. You're the affiliate. Like that . . .

Lots of information here. Not necessarily a lot of hand-holding, although you can get answers to specific questions. You can use the search function to find a lot, also. Especially answers to questions that have already been asked and answered.

What is best for your site is usually what matches the theme or what your visitors are looking for. Success is measured ultimately by income.

LOL .... Thanks for the lingo fix! I plan on doing lots and lots and lots of reading. My site is small, and a limited market, but we have plans to expand into other special interest markets. This way if a merchant doesn't "match" for one site, it may match for another.

There are so many different companies for affiliates to find merchants. Is there a program that I could input all the various places I'm signed up at and get data all in one place rather than having to go to every different site?

Rhonda

Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyMet

There are so many different companies for affiliates to find merchants. Is there a program that I could input all the various places I'm signed up at and get data all in one place rather than having to go to every different site?

Rhonda
    Are you picking the site of each individual merchant or are you looking through the network listings?

Are you asking if there is one central database for all affiliate programs..................No.......
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Hi!
    Looks like you stumbled at the right place. This is a good resource for upstart affiliates. Read on and you will get a lot of useful info.

Affiliate Manager
    Yes indeed, I was once a stumbling fool who had no idea what was going on. You can learn a lot from this place
    Find the best black friday 2013 deals at Bfreedom.com

Welcome aboard
    not sure what your site's target market is? Welcome to this forum and wealth of knowledge and feel free to sign up for our program if you are so inclined.

Winnie Henchey
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; March 21st, 2007 at 04:06 PM.

oh and my contact info

Hi Rhonda!

Welcome and enjoy! Make sure you take plenty of breaks between readings, sometimes it can be overload ... BUT well worth every word of it!!

KK

Welcome to ABW! (I didn't know the difference between affiliate and merchant when I started either.... )

Sandee
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Rhonda,

Welcome to ABestWeb! Ask lots of questions, it's the only way to learn.

When I first joined, the Search function was my best friend.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Thanks for the warm welcome. My site is focused at the Nash Metropolitan automobile. I'm also building a site for my keychain collectors club, and will be building them for vintage trailers and vintage micro/mini cars. SO .. a lot of the merchants I've found really don't relate to my site content - but I keep looking.

I'll keep reading and learning. I'll get there yet!

Rhonda

Witzer ... LOL .. sorry, I wasn't clear. I started by checking companies I knew would be of interest to my viewers. Then I started searching for affiliate merchants. I signed up here and there, so now I'm scattered all over the place with different companies like SAS. I was wondering if there was a program where I could input the sites and log-in information and it would pull up the stats from all the various places onto one location. Probably there's not, but it never hurts to ask.

Clear as mud???

+ Reply to Thread