If you have a commercial site its really quite easy to work out, mine was a bit of a shock.

1) How much turnover/profit can be attributed to SE (I ask my customers at the checkout)
    2) What percent of SE traffic is attributable to a high link popularity, I guessed 50% (but am open to suggestions)
    3) Divide by the number of links.

Hey presto, inward link value.

I love math me

www.SillyJokes.co.uk
    "when you need something silly,"

My new Despicable WEB service: Spam the Engines

ABW Ambassador
    Spam the engines. Hopefully you don't make anybody here mad, they might try putting your silly jokes site to the test and seee if it works. I don't think it works for the simple reason it would be too easy to knock all your competition out of the SE, and the SEs know that. Plus spam is bad.

If all the girls lived up in trees, what a good climber johnnie would be.

[This message was edited by johnniebry on October 07, 2002 at 06:28 PM.]

I think they're pretty chilled about Spam the Engines round here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

As for SillyJokes, I built in imunity [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

www.SillyJokes.co.uk

Johnie it does work. Many of us use it on a regular basis to remove unwanted competition.

You just don't want to be on the recieving end of it, like I was a while back. You may have noticed I've been registered for a long while, but don't have the same high post count as a lot of the other folks that registered around the same time I did. It's because, some fool here used that damn tool to spam one of my sites into the search engines (which of course caused me all sorts of problems). So I had to take a couple months of cooling off time from ABW.

I think I'm over it now, so I shall become a little more involved again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Brian
    The Charity Network

Sorry Brian I didn't know that was your site.

ABW Ambassador
    Heyder, it doesn't work. I went to
    http://www.geocities.com/spamtheengines/done.html
    a couple of months ago and tried your site and its still in the index.

I've got some time to kill, I think I'll submit everybody everywhere. Then maybe when I type a word into a search engine I'll actually get a relevant result.

ABW Ambassador
    Is this spamming gizmo for submitting existing spammers located in search engines?

What's to stop unethical poachers and pimps from submitting sites that are HONESTLY risen to the top of a search engine?

I find your service extremely DIS-servicing the community.

Anyone got any opinions on the inward link vaule thing?

www.SillyJokes.co.uk

ABW Ambassador
    Cyclone i thought so too, until i tried it out. Pick your closest competitor and give it a spin.

Joker, a few weeks ago there was a bit of a kerfuffle with people advertising "PageRank for sale". This attempted to put a value on high-PR pages with outbound links, but of course Google caught wind of it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    Spam the Engines was particularly effective on the Schnell Search Engine, which is no longer in Beta testing and will soon replace Inktomi for MSN's web pages search results.

I obliterated my competition with Spam the Engines here; you can search on virtually ANY term and my sites appear in at least 3 of the first ten spots.

http://schnell.net/search.html

I just can't wait. Will be laughing all the way to the bank. Thank you, Spam the Engines.

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

ABW Ambassador
    Spam the engines worked great. I no longer have competition, its so lonely being at the top all by myself. Big thumbs up to Schnell. Since Google is going downhill, i think Schnell will take over as the search engine of choice. I read where its the fastest growing search engine on the internet, and refreshes sites daily for those minty fresh results. Plus the best thing of all is my site is #1 on a lot of keywords.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    As for the inward link value, it may be interesting from a theoretical perspective, but I think it'd be too easy for Google to find out about attempts to sell links (and therefore negate the value of links from the sites selling them). Apparently that has already happened with the PR-for-sale service that already exists (although I haven't tried it myself so I can't be dead sure).

On another note, it's amazing how many people don't really know what Spam the Engines is all about, isn't it--? Your screenname should be right there at the front of the Clue Train, but...

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Cyclone i thought so too, until i tried it out. Pick your closest competitor and give it a spin. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that I consider you a competitor johnniebry (or anyone else) but, how would you like to be submitted until you are banned?

Leader, am I missing something here? What is your understanding of the Engine Spammer?

WTF~! Doesn't anyone see how unethical submitting someone else's site is? OR AM I MISUNDERSTANDING THE IMPLICATIONS?

As you're all off topic, talking about Spam the Engines.

I'm looking for a way to make a bit of cash from it.
    I was thinking keeping the Spamming bit free, and charging a few $$$ for URL imunity (I want to keep it cheep, I don't want to be thought of as unethical)

What do you think?

www.SillyJokes.co.uk

ROTFLMAO

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Webmaster Resources | Website Tools | Webmaster Software

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I was thinking keeping the Spamming bit free, and charging a few $$$ for URL imunity (I want to keep it cheep, I don't want to be thought of as unethical)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you should cut a deal with the parasites! Sort of a two-for-one special: you pay me, and your site won't get spammed to the SEs, and the parasites won't steal any of your commissions, either!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Oops...did you say cheap AND ethical? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Well...

nevermind about the parasites then! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Andy

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] LOL!

Yes Cyclone, you are missing the implications. Check out johnniebry's post just above mine (I think) and follow the link.

(I meant to say above my last post, not this one)

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread