Which customer which affiliate?
    I'm probably not looking hard enough, but I generated one sale from an affiliate. However, I can't seem to find out what customer he referred to me. I'm using Modernbill + Shareasale in my affiliate program. Can someone tell me how I can find out this info?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptical
    I'm probably not looking hard enough, but I generated one sale from an affiliate. However, I can't seem to find out what customer he referred to me. I'm using Modernbill + Shareasale in my affiliate program. Can someone tell me how I can find out this info?
    You should be able to find an order reference in your SAS stats, which is passed on by the confirmation code on your site. So I suppose you will be able to find out who the customer is by cross checking the order number in your own internal system.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    *checks*

In your merchantside Transaction Detail, it'll say "sale - [some number]" That number should be the order number.

Then just go to your cart admin screen, and whichever order is that number, is the one the aff referred. Assuming that your tracking code (on your site) is passing on the actual order number like it's supposed to.

I had to check because I set my SAS account up to send me an email for each affiliate order. My cart also sends an email for every order. The end result is that if I see a SAS notification, I know that it goes with whichever order is right below it in my inbox.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread