ABW Ambassador
    I want to ensure we have representation at the meeting of the networks and while it has been suggested no one can represent all of our interests, I do not want that statement to slide by as a reason why we can not have representation.

I'd sure rather have someone than no one. With that said, the intent of this forum is to have nominations for persons who you would want to represent our interests.

I'd like to keep this forum straight and to the point with nominations and if you feel the need to interject long content, then open another thread on : such and such as our representative.

After we get nominations and know the people who would accept this responsibility then lets vote. We do not know how many people we will have a chance to represent us but I see 4 networks are participating so why not 4 merchants and 4 affiliates. Just a suggestion.

Anyway lets have your nominations and we'll vote on them at a later time.

As mentioned in the other thread, I nominate buckworks.

I nominate the following four:
    Icicle
    Buckworks
    Cedric
    Canfree

All have done extensive work already in this area.

All are imminently qualified, committed to the cause, and, most importantly, of impeccable integrity.

{

The fact my domain is open to the public does not mean it's contents are public domain!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I would nominate Haiko,Buckworks,Canfree and Cedric

Somewhere, I am sure, the Gods of War are laughing.

I second eaglefire's nomintations and would add Leader (but I think she already declined).

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing
    "Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

[This message was edited by 7-days on October 08, 2002 at 11:00 AM.]

[This message was edited by 7-days on October 08, 2002 at 11:02 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    If we are allowed to have representation my suggestions would be depending on how many would be allowed are:
    Icicle
    Buckworks
    Cedric
    Canfree
    Eaglefire
    Haiko
    BLFH

Cazzie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by cazzie on October 08, 2002 at 11:17 AM.]

Hey, I did not know we could nomintate ourselves (caught you Cazzie). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, there are people here with much more exprience and knowledge than me. I'm just glad they are here and hope some will accept the nominations.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Pretty useless to hold such a vote on these forums.

Haiko has banned numerous people. The reason PMs are restricted is to not allow any contact by these people with people they knew from these boards.

Haiko followed a little pattern on detractors. Assault them with outrages personal attacks in private messages where he made clear his intent and actions, he would be downright nasty making his posts in the forums seem like from angels. Then wait for the person to voice publicly the displeasure and question him - then he could play the victim and cry. Look back through the posts, many people offered suggestions and ideas, he never addressed them, just belittled them.

So voting here or even discussing such ideas here are useless. If wayne wants to pick someone, a neutral 3rd party site should be used.

shhhhhhh

And to merchants and affiliates - do you really think your PMs here are really private?

3 posts from sausage.....and you would be.....?

Chet aka Chez Noir.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Banning
    If you are banned you will respect the decision of this board and will not sign up with a different alias as an effort to defraud the good will of this board nor its member base by doing such. There is no specific amount of ban warnings a member can receive before they are permanently banned, banning is based on the severity of the individual or sum of the multiple offenses.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Buckworks, Cedric, Canfree, Eaglefire, Haiko, BLFH. All excellent choices, i would add Connie Berg also. I would definetly want Haiko there. Yes he may get hot headed sometimes and sometimes we may not all agree on things. I personally have not agreed with baby steps as i think Morpheus should have been dropped the first time they stole, but money talks and TOS walks. Didn't agree with the forum wanting to help them fix there software, still don't understand that forum. However people seem to forget he is the one who started this forum. A lot of people talk, he actually is doing something. When i first joined this board there was something about him getting sued by them. Not any other members here, him. His name is out there (NY Times)He is the one who has put his neck out. The board has helped me a lot and a lot of other people. The people who complain still come to this board. There is just a lot of p*issed of people, hurt people and we are misdirecting the anger because most of us feel nothing will happen or change. Instead of complaining all the time, do something. Call a merchant, email some competitors and tell em get Ebates, Upromise, etc off their site. And you still might not agree with what he does, but complaining all the time solves nothing. The parasites read these boards too, and are loving this in-fighting. So yes i want Haiko there too.

If all the girls lived up in trees, what a good climber johnnie would be.

ABW Ambassador
    While I appreciate the nomination (and vote of confidence), after giving this matter serious consideration, I have made the decision to decline the nomination.

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm honored to be nominated.

I don't know what the arrangement is currently, and would need more details. I'm assuming New York City. How many days etc. But I will wait to see If "i'm officially" invited.

So if someone "hosting this meeting" would "invite" me, then I will consider going at that point.

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open." Thomas Dewar

Two others that I would trust, based on many of their postings, would be Heyder and markymark.

I nominate:

Haiko
    Buckworks
    Canfree
    Eaglefire
    Connie Berg

From reading their posts, I feel they all have slightly different viewpoints on what needs to happen to resolve the conflict between the affiliates and the software designers. I also feel this diversity would tend to keep things in check.

Andy

Well, according to Wayne Porter's posting tonight we only get to send one representitive.

Better narrow it down to one.

Gee, kind of reminds me of the Survivors show.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Maybe set up a poll with the nominations? Let the membership vote in privacy so there are no hard feelings with the final results. Also if any of hte ones nominated can't do it they should speak up before the poll is set up.

A good list of people have been mentioned here in other messages.

BLFH
    Eaglefire
    Canfree
    Haiko
    Buckworks

I forget who else has been nominated - How many can be entered into the poll?

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

Great idea!

Haiko, is there a way we can do a private poll?

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I would like to nominate Shawn Collins. He is both an affiliate and a merchant. Plus he has great respect of the affiliates who know him, and I believe the respect of the providers. I think people would listen to him.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Ron,

All polls are anonymous.

=====
    Heidi,

</font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko I've never tried voting more than once. Does a poll here allow that or not?

I'm for a poll but I don't want it undermined either. Call me paranoid but I don't want people crawling out of the woodwork we've never heard crap from to vote if you catch my drift.

I'd suggest only affiliates with a specific join date or earlier could vote and or possibly even ones who have x amount of posts. I don't want this poll to be undermined and from the list of candidates I've seen above, I can say there are some people on this list that if voted as "our representative", I would be outraged.

If others feel this may be an issue and we cannot get a blind poll to accomodate certain crteria for voting then I think the best approach would be a moderated thread where only a name voted for is done and stands as a public record for who voted for who.

I'm sure some people would feel uncomfortable with a public vote but in light of the seriousness of this persons position we have to consider a possibility of potential undermining issues as well.

I certainly don't mind my vote being public.

How do others feel about this? Is it just me thats paranoid on this subject?

happypoon,

Yes, there are ways around the voting, it is a cookie based program [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] As such a public vote might be best.

</font></p>

I think a public vote would be best. Then everyone can see the results and no one can say they were at all tampered with. But somehow whe have to start a new topic and ask everyone to just vote, not debate the issue. That will be hard.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Haiko, what would you recommend as a minimum amount of time and/or posts to be able to vote? I mean, there needs to be a way of keeping the parasites form interfering with the vote.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread