Question Can someone help with this PHP question.
    Hello all,

I've recently built my first affiliate site and I've come across a PHP problem. First let me explain what it is that I'm doing.

I am pulling my datafeed information from MySQL, no problem there... I'm also loading the page content through a WHILE loop, again no problem... Well, I decided the other day I was going to create a browse feature to allow the user to select a category, and eventually a sub-category(ies). To do this, I'm loading a select menu with another WHILE loop. When the user selects a category, it loads the category variable, again, everything seems to be working fine.

Now... I'm also implementing the paginate technique to allow the user to just view a select number of items per page, yet again, no problem... When the category is selected, a MySQL COUNT query runs again to redetermine the number pages there is going to be in junction with the new category, no problem still.

Now... The user selects the category they want to view and it loads the feed just fine, recounts the pages, and re-iniates all paginating that needs to be done. So... the user decides to go the next page or whatever page number and the category variable is not carrying over, the feed breaks, and nothing is showing...

I've been working on this for a week and I'm beyond baffled.

If anyone is willing to help, or has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know. I can send my code via PM, email, or post it on here, whichever would be the best.

Thanks for all the help.

Sorry, I can either email the code or post it on here. I'm still too new to have PM rights.

If you shoot it my way, I'll take a look at it. Please compress the file before sending it (zip or tar).

chris [AT] freequotesworld.com
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Smile
    Thanks for the offer Chris but good news, I figured it out

I've only been working with PHP for about 6 months now so I'm finding that most of my problems are stupid little mistakes like using a / when I should be using a \ to except a character or something silly.

This time I didn't even thinking about loading the variable into a session but while eating dinner, it just popped into my head so after I ate, I sat down, set up a session and session variable and now I'm in business

Thanks again for the offer... I'm sure I'll be able to take you up on it again at a later time.

No prob. I'm glad you found the problem. If you don't want to store it as a session variable, you could always put it into the links as well and access it via the $_GET call (or keep it in the session, cause if it's not broke...).
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread