ABW Ambassador
    NBC Universal and News Corp. Announce Deal to Create a Premium Online Video Site
    NBC Universal and News Corp. Announce Deal with Internet Leaders AOL, MSN, MySpace And Yahoo! to Create a Premium Online Video Site with Unprecedented Reach

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...90&newsLang=en

ABW Ambassador
    Sounds good on paper, but with everyone involved's track record, I am sure they will screw it up.

I think this is the biggest waste of money, Users will not flock to the channel to watch episodes of 24 or whatever shows are on NBC. No one watches them on the tv that is why NBC is panicing. They are losing viewership

They see Youtube and say hey we can make money showing video clips, the problem is they are not allowing anyone to upload a video so that to me makes the site useless at least to me.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I don't know much about this, but I read a comment about it earlier today at a political blog. I won't post the link because we don't discuss politics here, but it said:

NBC/Universal think they are launching a "competitor" to YouTube. But all it is a place to stream their own content. It's funny how little some of these old-school companies understand the internet. YouTube is hugely popular because people can upload their own content, not because they are being force-fed whatever drivel the media companies churn out.
    Sounds like what NBC Universal and News Corp. are launching is an alternative to watching television.

The comment was in response to a news article, not the press release Trust linked to:
    While NBC and Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. compete fiercely for television and movie audiences globally, their partnership shows the risks executives are willing to take to regain control over content as more consumers look to YouTube, or Apple Inc.'s iTunes, for entertainment.

(snip)

"It's still not clear how user-generated content is going to fit in and it's still not clear that all of these companies won't do a deal with Google over time," he said.

YouTube can still distinguish itself with its popular tools for users to share homemade, as well as professionally produced, material.

News Corp., NBC plan YouTube rival

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    I think this is the biggest waste of money, Users will not flock to the channel to watch episodes of 24 or whatever shows are on NBC. No one watches them on the tv that is why NBC is panicing. They are losing viewership

They see Youtube and say hey we can make money showing video clips, the problem is they are not allowing anyone to upload a video so that to me makes the site useless at least to me.
    Actually those TV shows are some of the top ones today, lots of people watch them. Plus full length movies. Time will tell but I think they'll do alright.

I think YouTube will still be the place for user generated content but for licensed content, maybe they have a place. I think some already have deals with YouTube for their content.

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon

Rule 1: Clear your cache file
    Rule 2: Watch the video
    Rule 3: Go back to your cache file and there's the video ready to be changed to a MPEG.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread