ABW Ambassador
    SmartZones Invalid and Depreciated HTML & XHTML
    Has anyone noticed that CJ smartzones are invalid, quite badly actually.

This is what you get (replaced my url with "url") :

HTML Code:
    <SCRIPT type="text/javascript" LANGUAGE="javascript" src="url"> </SCRIPT>
    But it should be like this:

PHP Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="url"</script> 
    First everything should be in lower case even just for html and then

The "language" attribute of the script element was deprecated in HTML 4.01.

The "language" attribute of the script element is not supported in XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD.

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_script.asp

Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Hi Glinted,

I never activated any smartzones in CJ.

If you say that smartzones haven't kept up with the XHTML coding and are now invalid and depreciated in HTML & XHTML, thanks for the warning and I definitely will not be fiddling around with smartzones.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    hey Rhia, I wouldn't worry too much unless you validate your pages like I try to do as it helps with a lot of other things I find although others don't care less plus use xhtml.

Anyway if you do create a smartzone ( I only started using them recently and they are quite handy for certain things) then all you need to do if you care is to rewrite like I showed above which is very easy.

good luck.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Hi Glinted,

I never activated any smartzones in CJ.

If you say that smartzones haven't kept up with the XHTML coding and are now invalid and depreciated in HTML & XHTML, thanks for the warning and I definitely will not be fiddling around with smartzones.
    Hi Rhia7,

I just checked some smartzones links that I created on 2005, and they're still working fine and showing the all ads that I have there.

What I believe Glinted is saying is that those links are not 100% XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD compatible, and that by using that old code, you won't be able to validate your code with The W3C Markup Validation Service

But I think it's up to every single affiliate, if they want to use the free W3C Markup Validation Service, to check their web sites documents for conformance to the W3C recommendations and other standards.

Btw, before you try to validate any or all your affiliate sites, with W3C (or any other Validation Services out there,) in order to be (in conformance to the W3C recommendations and other standards.), just try to validate the first 10 URL's that are showing on the SE's before your own URL's, for the same keywords.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread