Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    OCT 9th at 6pm Eastern Standard time 5 Central we will have a fully moderated discussion about Parasiteware and our objectives.

I will be doing the moderation and all members are welcome to join in.

There will be no personal attacks, cursing, obsenities or off topic discussions allowed. The consequences of breaking the above rules will result in all of your posts in this thread being deleted and you will not be allowed to post again.

If a personal attack is made towards you, do not respond to it as that wastes time and engergy. Instead I will go through and delete the offending post and all of that posters other remarks.

Everyone will be under full moderation including Haiko who has volunteered and agreed to this.

The discusion will go on for a total of three hours and will be locked after that point.

Disagreements are perfectly acceptable and you are encouraged to post them as long as they are not deemed personal attacks.

All moderation decisions are going to be made by me and are not open to discussion.

Enough of my power trip till tomorrow wednessday Oct 9th at 5pm central standard time.:D

[This message was edited by Heyder on October 09, 2002 at 06:53 PM.]

Opening early but moderation won't be done until later on. Please obey the above rules for this discussion. Let's use this as an opportunity to get some work done.

Great idea to open it early. Thanks!

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing
    "Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

What is our agenda? How do we plan to fund legal battles and what should be done in case any money would be recovered.

Bring up the touchy subject that's why it's here.

I'll remove the moderation filter on Ice and Chet also.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Heyder, thanks as I will probably not be on later.

As far as any money being recovered by possible legal action - I would think that any money judgment would be awarded by the courts. And I believe the judge would make the decision on that.

That being said, any party or entity that would seek to recover damages from any of my merchants/networks, will be receiving a letter from my lawyer -- sent to both the merchants/networks in question as well as the parties involved.

Vicki

Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times.

I want to get really practical here, along with tossing this out right away: How do we fund this in a way that people who contribute money can write it off on their taxes as a business expense? However we do it needs to be set up so that there's no question as to its deductibility in the IRS's eyes.

J

And what tax category would you put it in. Advertising? Legal fees?

I don't have any idea.

The bigger question is, who would control the money? How would we do that?

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing
    "Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

Sorry Kenshin I have to keep my word

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> There will be no personal attacks, cursing, obsenities or off topic discussions allowed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message was edited by Heyder on October 09, 2002 at 06:09 PM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'll remove the moderation filter on Ice and Chet also.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you.

Icicle behave and just rise above it so we can all share the value of your insights. You have a lot to contribute to all this and we need you now. Just forget about all that. Haiko and I have had some doozies, too. So, I understand how mad you are. Just let it go for the greater good.

Haiko, the above post requires no response at all.
    It is none of our business.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Icicle says thank you for the kind words ssanf alas she must regretfully decline until her conditions are met so you are on your own with Haiko who is a fine leader and will snip anyone that says he isn't and that is all the insight you need anyway.

Yours,

Kenshin

[This message was edited by Kenshin on October 09, 2002 at 06:08 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Hows this for starters.... Am I at the right place?

As for legal action to recover any money lost:

Wouldn't most lawyers willing to take this kind of thing on not have upfront costs, but would just get part of the money recovered?

Also the problem lies in proving your losses.
    How can you prove just how much you have lost due to the parasites. We all know we have lost something, but we don't have an amount we can prove we have lost.

Their defense could be that it is just tough economic times and sorry if you are all losing money. You can't prove those people who were redirected from your site actually made purchases. You can't prove if they did purchase, how much commission you would have gotten. You can't prove anyone ever clicked thru, got redirected and actually purchased anything.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

OK, now I am assuming this is the moderated thread. Is that right?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Yes it is and I appologize as I just now realized that it wasn't obvious.

Kenshin will not be blocked but I request that conversation to be over with.

ABW Ambassador
    Is their an easier way for us to stay up to date with posts than just hitting refresh?

Kenshin,

Icicle can post for herself now please stay on topic.

</font></p>

You people are going to discuss your plan of action in PUBLIC?

Well OK. Now am I to understand this board is in financial difficulties? That is what it sure looked like before someone removed Kendins message. Because if it is that is highly relevant surely?

Frank

ABW Ambassador
    I guess I don't fully understand what the topic is and the reason for the moderated discussion. I feel like I'm missing something. Is there a specific goal or topic to be addressed amd can we be a little clearer than parasiteware?

Maybe I should just sit back and wait. But yall have probably already figured out I'm a little impatient [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The idea here is not to discuss any secret plan of action but to discuss goals and wanted results. It seems that we can't even decide what we want and therefore have no way of getting a result.

Yes, I think we need a little more direction here. What is our main goal and topic. What about parasite ware is is that we are discussing. It is a very broad issue.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

The subject of recovered money was brought up and Haiko stated he wanted to use it to further fight parasite ware.

Other affilaites wanted their money returned to them.

And if anyone says 'I'll just bet he does' that'll get removed, right?

Frank

no

[This message was edited by Heyder on October 09, 2002 at 06:29 PM.]

Will you quit it, son? It gets old real quick.

If this board is in financial trouble I might be in a position to help it out, so I suggest you take your finger off the edit button and make nice.

I was interested in what Kendin had to say but now its not there. But you can put it back, right?

Go do that and we'll talk.

[This message was edited by schill on October 09, 2002 at 06:45 PM.]

Ok here is a question for all.

When do you declare victory against Wurld or the other parasites? According to LS Wurld is in compliance. So ... lets define a realistic goal, and once achieved move forward.

=========
    schill,

Not even close!

</font></p>

I think before we start talking recovered money the first issue should be how to put a stop to their practices. I think we are getting ahead or ourselves.
    To me it really isn't about recovering lost money, it is how to stop further money loss. When we put an end to unethical behavior, and standards are in place and enforced then we can worry about that.

We need to set priorities and do them in order.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast