How stupid is that?!
    I've been working with CJ for several months. Can't say I've been totally happy but it's hard to compete with the program selection they have.

Anyway, about a week ago I see some weired transactions in one my sites which looks out of the ordinary. Not surprisingly, they were all reversed the next day because of "bad credit card". I didn't pay much attention to it since well, this is the internet and these things happen.

Then, a couple of days ago I am trying to log in to my CJ account and I get a message that my account has been deactivated. No warning, non explanation, nothing. I quickly call them and the guy explains to me that my account was terminated because of some "non bona fide" transactions. Specifically, the same transactions that I noticed a few days earlier.

Is this how CJ treats there partners? Someone tries to make a scam through my affiliate link and they decide that the site operator is to blame closing his account and confiscating his balance (which of course was earned fair and square)? That's something I would expect for a grade D affiliate program not from a company with the reputation of CJ. I mean, what kind of benefit can I possibly have in doing these kind of scams through my affiliate links?

The worst part is that I am trying to write emails explaining everything and they simply don't reply. I am just so pissed right now....

Anyone else experienced these kind of problems with CJ?

ABW Ambassador
    how long have you been maintaining your site?

Not to this extent. I haven't found them to be overly helpful with affiliates, but I haven't ever been booted from their network.

Tough go with someone scamming through your aff links. I don't know what to tell you, but I hope you get the money you've legitimately earned.
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Lightbulb
    your server logs can be used as evidence on your behalf, but you'll have to get CJ to communicate better.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    but you'll have to get CJ to communicate better.
    Good luck with that....
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

ABW Ambassador
    cj doesn't usually boot off affiliates simply because of bad credit cards. maybe i'm mistaken. but there are many of these invalid credit card reversals usually around the tenth of the month. it's just part of doing business.

maybe there's something more there than just bad credit cards.

Maybe I should post an update to the situation.

After 2 phone calls and 2 emails CJ decided to reactivate my account. They wouldn't give specific reasons but just said that there was a misunderstandings and that they are very sorry. The merchant BTW decided to cancel my affiliate status with them. Since they are not responding to emails I don't get the chance to ask for more details about why exactly they have decided to take this course of action.

I am not really satisfied with the way CJ handled this and I am still considering if I should continue working them. I was very disappointed with their email customer service as they took about a week to respond to a situation that from an affiliate's point of view is quite urgent.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I doubt that CJ will every reactivate your account.

I got booted from CJ too and it was not due to credit card etc..

It was because I did not generate any sales within 3-6 months.
    The CJ banners for one merchant was generating 50-100 click/month while another merchant on Linkshare was generating good sales. CJ boots people not because of inactivity but cos of not producing sales. I did contact CJ to reactive my acct but i got the canned reply of tough luck. Nevertheless, I am focused on LS and won some monthly contest organized by the merchant, and award from LS based on the same site. CJ, it;s your loss.

Checkout some of the other networks on here, Linkshare, SAS and Avantlink. Take some time to learn their interface and find the merchant for your site.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    After 2 phone calls and 2 emails CJ decided to reactivate my account.
    Good! Hopefully there won't be any more problems.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    The CJ banners for one merchant was generating 50-100 click/month while another merchant on Linkshare was generating good sales.
    hmmm

You should be reinstated, whether you're going to continue or not, but atleast you should get your earned money back to your bank..

A year ago similar thing happened with me. Read http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=70203

But, I never got booted. At end it was CJ's mistake.

I too have been booted from the CJ Network....TWICE!! (due to a lack of sales in the time frame they decided it was ok)

The first time I got them to reinstate my account....the second time I decided not to bother...

I agree with what someone said earlier that is has nothing to do with activity or traffic, just whether or not THEY are ABLE to convert the traffic I sent them!!

I actually had at least one merchant that I had sent them a FEW THOUSAND clicks for direct product links during the time frame in question, they were just unable to convert anything from it duriung that time.

I have talked to the merchant directly about this, and they recommended I sign up for a new account with CJ and try again.

NOPE! Since I would have to change all my links anyway, I decided it would be better to work with a group that doesn't dump affiliates just because they have a few bad months.

I originally joined CJ way back when in the early days of the Internet, and if Lex was still around he would NEVER had stood for this kind of treatment of affiliates.

I understand the merchants want productive affiliates and I understand CJ wants this too, but honestly, when affiliates serve their own artwork, and send traffic to merchants...a non-converting affiliates doesn't really cost them much of anything....except a bit of space in the database....

I was the one paying for the traffic to my sites that sent the traffic to the merchant....and yes, I would have preferred that the visitor was abit more qualified and that they actually made a purchase....but to get rid of my traffic because the visitor probably had a piece of scumware or link hijacker installed and my commissions were stolen from me is no reason to make me feel like all my hard work in generating the traffic in the first place was all done in vain!

I used to recommend to all new webmasters that the first partnership they shpuld explore was with CJ....now whenv I consult with new webmasters I explain the dangers of this a tell them that CJ should be the very last place they sign up and only do so after they have a good handle on the affiliate industry as a whole and only if they feel they really need to carry a specific mechant on their sites and they need to closely monitor their stats and always be ready to make a small purchse on their own if they are getting close to the 90day mark without sales.

Rick
    Universal4

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread