ABW Ambassador
    I just read the entire moderated forum (finished reading I should say), and I think you have made a wonderful start on actually getting some points across to one another.

One thing I might add here if I may be so bold.

Name calling et al was of course stopped by the moderator in this forum, but something we all should keep in mind (and yes, I know that I am also suspect) is libel or libelous language as it pertains to any of the parties involved - especially the so-called parasites.

I have it on good authority (learned the hard way this afternoon) that some of us could very well be served with cease and desist orders in the near term unless we can back up our statements with fact - not emotion.

I told the person I spoke with today that I would indeed post this, so here it is.

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

ABW Ambassador
    Your post gives the impression that you do not think of yourself as an ABWer.

Just curious, is that your intent, or was it just a quirk of the way you put your pronouns together?

ABW Ambassador
    Please, if you read it that way, you certainly mistook my pronouns - or perhaps I wrote them wrong.

I do indeed consider myself one of this community, and if you will look, you will see that you and I joined on the same day.

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

ABW Ambassador
    That makes me feel better!

Hey, are we twins? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Obstinatedon,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have it on good authority (learned the hard way this afternoon) that some of us could very well be served with cease and desist orders in the near term unless we can back up our statements with fact - not emotion.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got that call also [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Obstinate's words are very wise ones to heed. No one wants to be at the end of a libel suit and from some of the post's i have read that could easily occur.

People need to THINK before they post and post as as a professional. Keep emotion out and fact in.

-wayne

I wouldn't about the phonecalls.

Its when they turn up in person to 'probe' you for an hour and a half I'd worry! In twos I believe they do it, all dressed in black. And they have this little flashy thing.

Frank

I was away from my computer all evening with a previous family commitment and just now read the discussion. I think the one thing that everyone did accomplish tonight was to get along with each other. But I don't think we made a lot of progress (and I'm sorry I was not here to give my two cents). However, I'd like to see one of these discussion groups every day or so and have them a little more orgainized. Perhaps if we stick to a specific topic each day so we don't get off track. Worrying about what to do with the money before we have a plan of attack is, to me, doing things backwards.

I do think you all made a great start (especially by being nice to each other) and I think it is worthy of doing it again.

However, for a forum that dictated that there would be now cursing, I DID NOT appreciate Haiko's final comments, which appeared to me to have occured after the discussion was to be closed. Let's do as we agreed or we will not be able to get people to participate in the future.

Okay, I guess I did get my two cents in.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing
    "Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread