Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Any Chess Players?
    Are any chess players going to be at the Affiliate Summit? If there's enough interest, maybe we could get together for a game or two sometime while we're in Miami.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I am in! I have not played chess in while but I did make the chess team at school.
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

Michael I am still to currency deprived to venture to Miami, but I play on ICC. Have you ever given that a try? I used to get out for USCF tournaments, but seem to be stuck with online play for now.

I'm MichaelColey on ICC. Type "+notify MichaelColey" and it'll automatically let you know when you log on if I'm there or if I log on while you're on.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I thought I knew how to play chess until one day my wife asked me if I want to pay chess with her. I agreed.... She beat me in no time... We played another one. Same thing.

Ever since then (it happened a few years ago) I never say I know how to play this game.

Geno

I'm MichaelColey on ICC. Type "+notify MichaelColey" and it'll automatically let you know when you log on if I'm there or if I log on while you're on.
    Great I did it. I play as bluecrab and mostly blitz 2-12. Looking forward to seeing you there.

I thought I knew how to play chess
    I thought everybody in your neck of the woods was good. That just shows the value of prejudice.

Since I still can't beat my father at checkers or rummy, I think I better stay away from chess.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    I thought everybody in your neck of the woods was good. That just shows the value of prejudice.
    Didn't I tell you before that my wife is a Champion of Europe 2005? [just kidding]

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    Great I did it. I play as bluecrab and mostly blitz 2-12. Looking forward to seeing you there.
    Great! Looking forward to playing. 2-12 is about the fastest I can play. I usually play 5-20, which gives me a little more time to think but still doesn't drag it out too long.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    I dabble in it a bit myself
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    @ MC--I've taken a look at that chess site you mentioned and will probably sign up for the freebee trial.

It's quite different than the one I used to be on years ago...on that one, it worked more like postal chess does, where the moves aren't made in real-time.
    That was good since I didn't have to try to be on at the same time as the opponents, and vice-versa. It expanded the field of potential players a lot for me...usually there aren't many people up when I am, at least not from the US.

But one of these nights I'll sign up for the trial and see if anyone at the ICC is up when I am
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

There are usually around 1000 players (at all levels and from all around the world) on at any time, so there's never a problem finding someone to play. Feel free to drop me an email when you're online. If I'm available, I'll hop online and play.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    There are usually around 1000 players (at all levels and from all around the world) on at any time, so there's never a problem finding someone to play. Feel free to drop me an email when you're online. If I'm available, I'll hop online and play.
    Michael, do you ever play a game of checkers or "go fish" in between chess games? I use to play chess, but after my ego got battered enough, I learned to avoid playing and just talk about it now!

"@"
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have been playing chess and other games on Itsyourturn.com since 1999. Would love to get together for a game, am no great player as I lose 75% of the time. But, I do enjoy the socializing.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Are any chess players going to be at the Affiliate Summit? If there's enough interest, maybe we could get together for a game or two sometime while we're in Miami.
    If I get there, I'm game. Played chess for a long time, and did a lot of studying in regards to it (opening moves, etc). Will likely get my butt handed to me (haven't played for a while), but should put up some resistance...

(e4 e5)

Lightbulb Game on
    Right, I'm in.

If I can make it I will play. Always up for a good game. Bought a new set the other day, so it's game on........

Stephen

Yeah I play chess, badly... but I play so count me in!
    Im also on yourturn ;0)
    Last edited by jess1; April 4th, 2007 at 11:23 AM. Reason: typo

Yeah I play chess, badly... but I play so count me in!
    It's all relative. Anybody with ICC do "finger obama" The senator is rated 3319 and his games are something to see. Nothing political started I hope.

Lol ok... this gal is from the UK ICC is international Cricket Council, but I think you are referring to internet chess club, lost me on the "finger obama" and is that a good thing or a bad thing to be
    a) a senator or
    b) rated 3319 or
    c) both
    Or shall I get my coat and hat and ext this way >>>>>>>
    Jess Luthi

Obama is a US Senator running for Democratic nomination for president here in the land of elected nobility. "finger obama" is a way of seeing information on him at Internet Chess Club.

Quote Originally Posted by jess1
    Lol ok... ICC is international Cricket Council,
    I thought the same thing. England are doing well in today's match
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

ABW Ambassador
    i play chess as well..

Wow I feel like such a duhhh of course obama is the presidential candidate.. Ok Im with ya now, I thought it was some kind of abestweb initiation test that I had to pass, a kinda rights of passage to post, too funny

Jamie, I know nothing about cricket mate, I don’t even understand the rules, but having had a sneaky peak at the cricket website and if England require only another 120 runs with 7 wickets and 20.3 overs remaining, then I think we are doing ok.

So how does is this chess tourn gonna work in Miami, do we bring our lucky pawns?
    Is this like one Mohito per move, winner stays conscious? Kidding, looking forward to playing a real person, face to face. KGP... rack em up :0)
    Jess Luthi

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I play, but I prefer the full contact version. Gives added meaning to the term "check".

I won't be playing, but with the spectator attraction of the game, I'm sure I'll be glued to my seat in anticipation. Or I may be at the bar socializing with fellow "go fish" numb skulls.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

You people are going to Miami and are going to play chess? I can certainly think of a lot of other things to do!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast