IBS Sale - My first big one and I'm holding my breath
    Okay, so I've been lurking around the forums here for awhile, and I've been an affiliate with IBS for awhile.

I just had my first big sale ring up with IBS, and it was so odd I hope it'll be an encouragement to others.

I have a blog and some software that posts datafeeds into blogs. I set this particular site up almost a year ago. In fact, it's in a subdirectory of a main website.

In fact, it's a blog I don't even post to anymore -- simply let the IBS datafeed post along once a day. Further, I actually bought a different domain to set up a similar Bible-oriented blog -- and posted on THIS blog that I would be effectively shutting it down for the newer blog. (I don't know if any of that makes sense??)

Oddly enough, tracking adsense stats shows me that every week or two someone looks around the old, now-abandoned blog. (And no one hardly ever goes to that "replacement" blog -- go figure?)

To my surprise/shock -- I just saw a $900+ purchase show up in my Shareasale account from today from IBS -- and it came through that old, abandoned blog??

I wonder if there's a moral to that story or not? Never give up on a web site? Keep pushing those IBS products? God works in mysterious ways? All of the above?

Now I'm trying to recover from the unexpected blessing -- and holding my breath as everything's processed!!

Gary Speer

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    $900 affilaite sale!
    Gary,

congrats......affiliate commisions sometimes come in when you least expect it.

-Brian
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    God works in mysterious ways? All of the above?
    Gary,

It's a good sale... and on top of that, just because it's Friday, i'm in a great mood, you persevered, you posted as an encouragement to others and because it's your lucky day - here's another $90 bucks from ARC to make your weekend ... send me your Paypal adress and it's on its way ..

Gary, thanks for your suport !!
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Wow. That's great news, Andy. I just PMed you my Paypal address.

What a great way to end the week. Now to put up tons more links, IBS datafeeds, etc., over the weekend!

Gary Speer

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Wow. That's great news, Andy. I just PMed you my Paypal address.

What a great way to end the week. Now to put up tons more links, IBS datafeeds, etc., over the weekend!

Gary Speer
    You have cash
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Thanks again, Andy. (And I appreciate your encouraging words.)

Is this a great business or what??

Diligently making pages, links, and all,

Gary Speer

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Congrats on the sale!!!

Thanks for the encouraging post! I love surprise big sales and I know what you mean about holding your breath....

Congrats!

Congratulations!! My first sign of encouragement in this biz came through IBS and Andy, and I'll always remember that.
    Originally Posted by writerguy
    God works in mysterious ways? All of the above?
    Can you hear me saying Amen?

Congrats on the big sale (and the nice little bonus Andy passed along)!

ARC = Class.

Again and again.

Grats Writerguy, and nice work Andy...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Many Congrats to you, Gary!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    Congrats Writerguy! I love hearing stories like these becuase it encourages everyone involved. Enjoy the extra cash!

BTW

Thanks Noth for the kind words!
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    Gary,

It's a good sale... and on top of that, just because it's Friday, i'm in a great mood, you persevered, you posted as an encouragement to others and because it's your lucky day - here's another $90 bucks from ARC to make your weekend ... send me your Paypal adress and it's on its way ..

Gary, thanks for your suport !!
    Had to comment on this one!

As mentioned in an earlier post, I've spent the last week/10 days reading and learning everything I can from the ABW forums. The amount of info here is overwhelming and...although many people are positive and helpful...I can see where the affiliate business can be discouraging. You know, all the talk of stealing, skimming, parasites, cheats, site stealing, etc. You guys have seen it all, I'm sure, so I can't blame you for getting ticked off about all this.

That's why I really loved this thread when I saw it last Friday. I had just come off some heavy threads discussing much of the downside of this business...and then this one. It may sound corny, but it was like when you first see the sun pop out from behind the clouds after a week of gray days and steady rain...a real lift!

Congrats to Gary the Writerguy on the sale and thanks to Andy for providing the extra bonus to him. It's obvious that Gary appreciates it, but I also wanted to let Andy know that there are those of us out here that get encouragement from reading things like this too!

John

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS
    It may sound corny, but it was like when you first see the sun pop out from behind the clouds after a week of gray days and steady rain...a
    Not corny at all. Look for tomorrow to be partly sunny. If they say partly cloudy remember this thread.

We have all experienced discouragement at one time or another.

Not to hijack this, but I would point out that although we do discuss the downside of this business here, there's a solid reason haiko has so many members with 1000+ posts.

Given the right attitude, skill set, and work ethic, money is made in this industry.

And since this is their forum, I'll point out that ARC is one of the reasons that my above statement is true. There are others, but they are one.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    Can you hear me saying Amen?
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    ARC = Class.

Again and again.
    I second that!

Congrats, Gary. And thanks for sharing and inspiring the rest of us.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS
    Congrats to Gary the Writerguy on the sale and thanks to Andy for providing the extra bonus to him. It's obvious that Gary appreciates it, but I also wanted to let Andy know that there are those of us out here that get encouragement from reading things like this too!

John
    John,

Welcome to ABW and to our family. We are in a tough business in the sense that we work 90% of the time with affiliates we "don't see" or know first hand, it's tough to be an online sales manager and not "know" your sales people. Granted we meet many at networking events and summits, but the vast majority we don't get to meet and thank personally for all they do.

Every sale is important to us, every active affiliate is part of our success story and we appreciate their efforts. I want you to know, we too are encouraged by posts like yours, it keeps us motivated and excited about what we do.

You see, this is a partnership...we can only be successful if we are helping you become successful. Thank you for your post ...

Given the right attitude, skill set, and work ethic, money is made in this industry.

And since this is their forum, I'll point out that ARC is one of the reasons that my above statement is true. There are others, but they are one.
    Kevin, thanks my friend... you pointed out many of the right components needed to succeed ...

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    I second that!
    MM, thanks ...

there's a solid reason haiko has so many members with 1000+ posts.

ARC is one of the reasons that my above statement is true.
    Your words are right on the mark, Noth. Gary the Writerguy hats off to you, congrats!

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread