Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Question Are emailers actively participating here?
    Hi Guys, do email affiliates use abestweb?

If so, where are you hanging out? We're an emailer and interested in discussing with other emailers and working together with them.

Best,
    petem@pmamediagroup.com
    Last edited by loxly; March 25th, 2007 at 01:25 PM. Reason: never mind, should have read into the thread more first, lol

Define "emailer" please.

Piece of advice - unlink your email address (@=/at/) or you'll be spammed beyond belief, a real 'email marketer' should know that

BTW, didn't 10X go defunct?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Smile The Emailers I'm referring to are email publishers who...
    Hi Geno,

The Emailers I'm referring to are email publishers who send marketing email. These email marketers could be sending email messages to their own opt in newsletters. They could also be managing and emailing lists that are owned by other list owners.

Naturally the emailers I'm referring to are completely can spam compliant and would need to have clean records of no spam, no listings on spamhaus, etc.

thx,
    petem@pmamediagroup.com

Smile yes as far as I know 10x is done
    Hi Haiko,

I guess for me a real email marketer does not harvest email addresses. A spammer harvests email address. Thanks for the tip!

I understand I am supposed to wait until I have privileges to put my signature on these posts...when does that happen? How many posts? Also am I allowed to put my own signature on the posts, but I'm not allowed to put links to other people?

petem at pmamediagroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by petem@pmamediagroup.com
    The emailers I'm referring to are email publishers who send marketing email. These email marketers could be sending email messages to their own opt in newsletters. They could also be managing and emailing lists that are owned by other list owners.
    Does the targetness of their audience matter then? What area/sphere/niche are you looking for partners in?

Geno

I understand I am supposed to wait until I have privileges to put my signature on these posts...when does that happen? How many posts?
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=55801

Also am I allowed to put my own signature on the posts, but I'm not allowed to put links to other people?
    I am not sure manual sigs are allowed either.

Smile The email lists and newsletters don't have to be niched
    Hi Geno, the email partners I'm looking for may or may not have very niched lists. Most of the email partners I work with have lists that are 1 million or more records to start with because they are large corporations and entities.

But niche lists are also fantastic, because we have email campaigns that work incredibly well with specific verticals, but we focus on email campaigns that work across very broad subscriber bases.

-Pete
    Last edited by petem@pmamediagroup.com; March 24th, 2007 at 01:26 PM.

Hi Geno, the email partners I'm looking for may or may not have very niched lists. Most of the email partners I work with have lists that are 1 million or more records to start with.
    Not sure you'll find such "email partners" around ABW, Pete. People that send out e-mail blasts to 1 mln+ e-mail addresses would hardly be considered marketers on this forum.

Geno

Question percent of sale vs. cost per acquisition
    Hi Guys,

As an email publisher who also has an email affiliate network, I've found that the merchants I work best with are the ones who best know how to monetize a customer over the customer's lifetime.

I prefer doing cpa over cps or percent of sale because it boils down to higher payouts. The advertisers I work most with are the ones who know the lifetime value of a customer and don't just want to give me a piece of a singular event at the front end of the customer-merchant relationship.

What are your thoughts?

Best,
    petem(at)pmamediagroup.com

Smile Geno, sending large email quantities
    Hi Geno, these email blasts are to optin email subscribers of newsletters, etc. They are email lists for major corporations, and large web properties. I am not referring to spam, we are just a large company so just because we're a large email publisher it does not make us a spammer. You certainly won't find PMA Media Group listed in Spamhaus. We have been doing this for a while and are a highly sought out by major agencies.

And people wonder why CPA Networks have such a bad name.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Mmmhmm.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe he could give neeraj_sam some pointers.

Hey, everybody keep their paws off Neeraj_Sam. He's mine I tell you. ALL MINE!!!

I'm done with him now. You can take your turn if you like.

Classic Rhea.

Ok now my turn
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I am not understanding what exactly your looking for. We do data management for companies who have list that they want ads sent to. These are companies who have subscribers, that opted into receiving 3rd party emails, and are can spam. We have some very good success with some of our cleints lists as they perform really well.

But again I am not sure what it is your looking for.

http and a telephoto
    In answer to your original question, yes there are affiliates that hang out at ABW that do email marketing via newsletters and opt in lists. They generally don't discuss it because of the negative nature of those that spam and the perception that all affiliates that do email marketing spam. As with any other type of marketing, there are those that do it right and those that do it very very badly.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Very well put Loxly. I guess thats it for this thread. lol

I would seriously question anyone who has a list of "millions" of people who "opted in".

Like many people here, I get hundreds of spams every day. Quite a few of those are very obviously "CPA Network" offers, so for a few days I went through the obvious CPA Network offer spams and researched them. I traced the links to see what CPA networks the spammers were using. I looked at the sites that the spam came from, including the whois information. For almost all of these sites, they had been registered less than a month and had no place for people to even opt in to receive emails. A few were from CPA Networks I knew, so I sent them details. Nobody ever got back to me.

You can call it "email marketing". I'll just say that there's another much more common name for it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I would seriously question anyone who has a list of "millions" of people who "opted in".
    Come on Michael,

There are more than 6 Billion people on this little blue planet!

Are you going to question Bill Gates, Michael Jackson, Oprah, Mr. Sal, Michael Coley, Mike and Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie ?

We all know more than 1 million people!

Don't you think that we can we can get, at least a dollar from eveyone we know, and finally quit this bussines?

Btw, next Sunday there is a big special sale going on!

Remember those $49.95 CD's with one million email address?

Well, next Sunday they are going to be on sale for just $9.95!

But since I know you, if you just PM me your PayPal addr today, I will give you the link to the special sales URL link.

But remember, there may be more than 6 Billion people on this little blue planet, but supplies have to be limited.

I will only give that special sales URL link, to the first 100 people that PM me their PayPal addr on the next 24hrs, after that, I will have charge 5 bucks for that link. Sorry people, but and you know the rest.

Time is Money, so hurry up!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey

Like many people here, I get hundreds of spams every day. Quite a few of those are very obviously "CPA Network" offers, so for a few days I went through the obvious CPA Network offer spams and researched them. I traced the links to see what CPA networks the spammers were using. I looked at the sites that the spam came from, including the whois information. For almost all of these sites, they had been registered less than a month and had no place for people to even opt in to receive emails. A few were from CPA Networks I knew, so I sent them details. Nobody ever got back to me.

You can call it "email marketing". I'll just say that there's another much more common name for it.
    Hey, Michael...have you seen any PW links in any of your SPAMS?
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

No, I don't recall seeing any from PartnerWeekly.com affiliates. Here are the CPA networks I posted about in one post:

6starads.com
    adprofile.net (Adteractive)
    clickbooth.com
    clicksmartaffiliates.com
    commissionparadise.com
    ekmas.com (Media Breakaway)
    eleadstracker.com (AdDrive)
    forgyi.com (QuinStreet)
    lynxtrack.com (HydraMedia)
    offerweb.com
    redmccombsmedia.com
    rextopia.com
    viralpartnership.com
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Right, I forgot about that.

Incidentally, how do all of you anti-email marketing folks weigh in on unsolicited postal "spam?"
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast