I have been receiving Dr.Wilson's newsletter for about two years now (it is a very good one).

The first article in the newest issue of this newsletter is called "Affiliate Commission Hijacking" and talks about Parasiteware.

CLICK HERE to read the article!
    (This is NOT an affiliate link)

It seems that we are getting more and more supporters everyday. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I will also add that Dr.Ralph Wilson's newsletter has about 120,000 subscribers, and I think that most of them are webmasters since the newsletter is about Web Marketing.

AlexBet

ABW Ambassador
    Oooooh, I could just HUG Ralph Wilson!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The advertising or affiliate link that brings the shopper to the merchant's site should be credited with the sale. No usurping software should be allowed to subvert this process and divert affiliate commissions to those who did not earn them by initiating traffic to the site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    Good post, very interesting article. Well researched, pro-affiliate. Some merchants on this board are mentioned in it.

Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map.
    --Wayne Calloway

Awsome article. I'm going to include a link to that article in my emails to my merchants. It would do a better job of educating them rather than sending them to some of the long flaming threads found here.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Yes, I like this article.
    I hope there is a momentum building....

Gabe
    www.1lovecards.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Dr Ralph sure comes through with the jest of the parasites ebiz pla loud and strong. He also speaks direectly to the merchant and consumer.

"The software diversionists claim that commission switching is the result of a deliberate shopper decision, that it takes an overt action on the part of the shopper to make this switch. But the shopper is not a party to the business agreements made between the affiliate, the merchant, and the affiliate network, thus the shopper has no right to cut the sending affiliate out of the commission. What if you went to buy a new car, but told the dealer you'd like the sales commission to go to your favorite charity instead of the salesman who sold you the car? Customers shouldn't have a say in denying sending affiliates their commissions." ..GOTTA LOVE IT!

I wrote to Fred Langa about this a month ago and everyone on his list should encourge him to post an article.

WebMaster Mike

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Everyone write or phone Dr Ralph Wilson to see if he won't consider being one of our reps at the Nov 7th meeting. We know it's a stacked deck but they sure won't prohibit him from summarizing our position papers into one statement and presenting it. He and Elizabeth would make a great pair for our side. He also could report to 120,000 webmasters the outcome and impact on the affiliate industry for any Ethics/Policy statement agreed to by the networks.

WebMaster Mike

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread