Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Question ABW Member Bonus System
    Hi Brian

A couple of things occurred to me.

1. ABW members can identify themselves in SAS
    2. Just about every SAS program on ABW offers an ABW special commission

So could the two be combined on SAS, so that a merchant could define the level of an ABW increase and it automatically be applied to all SAS affiliates who have identified themselves as members of ABW?

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Chris,

I had this same thought recently in this thread.

The issue that came up was that many ABW'ers want to remain anonymous so they can speak freely about a merchant here without fear of retribution. This issue was also just brought up last week in this thread.

Much like you, I only had the best of intentions, but I now understand why affs would forgo a commission bump to remain anonymous.

Geno had a great idea of just creating a 'Promo Code' field on SaS, which he mentioned in this post.

I'd love to find a middle ground that would allow merchants to reward ABW'ers and still maintain their anonymity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Hi Brian

A couple of things occurred to me.

I don't think I opted for that because I didn't want to identify myself as such on a "whole scale" basis.

I usually PM the AM to identify myself as such.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

"ABW members can identify themselves in SAS"

hmmm... I don't remember there being any option to do that. But...mighta been and could've even done it but just don't remember doing so, lol I don't even remember how I first found out about SAS. Pretty sure one of my affiliate managers must've told me about ABW.....then who knows how long before I joined.....then probably was a long time before I posted.....I was scared of all you guys lol

"Just about every SAS program on ABW offers an ABW special commission"

hmmm once again, wasn't aware of that either. lol I've received some from a few of the affiliate managers as incentives to join their programs from posts about the programs originating from here but uhhh not from most of the programs I belong to in SAS.

I haven't found the special chef or massage table in the ic either....are people keeping secrets from me? lol

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Whoops Sorry Adam, I should have done a search before posting!
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Not a problem Chris.

Cool
    Not necessarily too bad!

Sometimes you can get a different answer, even if you ask the same question again, on a different time of the day, or with a different angle.

2. Just about every SAS program on ABW offers an ABW special commission

So could the two be combined on SAS, so that a merchant could define the level of an ABW increase and it automatically be applied to all SAS affiliates who have identified themselves as members of ABW?
    How about, for all the SAS affiliates who have identified themselves as members of ABW, instead of offering a special commission, why not offer a back-link to those affiliates from a high PR site as a bonus, or instead of giving those affiliates $5 to $25 dollars as a one time bonus, why not use that bonus money and use it as a paid PPC incentive to those affiliates website links to your product?

That idea may sound stupid to many people but, this is the way I see it!

(Btw Chris, I am giving you this idea to you (first) today, because it looks that what I told you about two years ago, looks like it might take a little bit longer. [You can't come here yet, and we can't go there yet.] )

Think about this:

If you give one affiliate 20 bucks bonus, he/she may get happy and get those 20 bucks bonus to buy whatever and that's it.

But if you just give that same affiliate a back-link fron a high PR site, or just invest of those 20 bucks bonus to send that affiliate some PPC traffic, not only would you make that affiliate a chance to make more money, but even you, will make more money if those new clicks from that new traffic, become new sales to your program!

Just think about my new idea!

BTW, I came up with that idea, so I may have to put a 03/27/07 on it.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread