Ever created a Vision Board
    I was doing my obligatory catching up in Google ready and found a blog post where a gentleman had created a Vision Board.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ravisraman/421817117/

Things sometimes seem to mature better when on paper.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

http and a telephoto
    I'm pretty sure thats against the flickr TOS also, if they find it.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I didn't realize that (it's not mine).

What does it violate?
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

http and a telephoto
    Flickr does not want to be used for advertising, they only want art and photography on the site. So unless I missed something, that wasn't art, it was a flyer.
    Deborah Carney

http and a telephoto
    From the guidelines page:

# Donít use your account to host web graphics like logos and banners.
    Your account will be terminated if we find you using it to host graphic elements of web page designs, icons, smilies, buddy icons, forum avatars, badges, and other non-photographic elements on external web sites.
    # Donít use Flickr for commercial purposes.
    Flickr is for personal use only. If we find you selling products, services, or yourself through your photostream, we will terminate your account. Any other commercial use of Flickr, Flickr technologies (including APIs, FlickrMail, etc), or Flickr accounts must be approved by Flickr. For more information on leveraging Flickr APIs, please see our Services page. If you have other open questions about commercial usage of Flickr, please feel free to contact us.
    Deborah Carney

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Flickr does not want to be used for advertising, they only want art and photography on the site. So unless I missed something, that wasn't art, it was a flyer.
    It's not advertising anything that I can see (I can read most of it if I squint). It's just done in that style. Is "Vision Board" some kind of paid program?

That said, NO Way, no I haven't done anything like that. Most of it is way too touchy-feely, and that's just the start.

ABW Ambassador
    I have done something called Treasure Mapping, which is where you create detailed pictures of all aspects of the life you want, such as pictures of a healthy body, the house you want, the wardrobe etc.

Is that what your thinking?

I had to look up "vision board" to see what it was. Seems like it's some sort of motivational thing you build for yourself. I guess per the rules that Lox posted it's non-photographic so it goes against the rules. But at least it's not an advertisement or web element.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I just went by what I could make out in the graphic...a bunch of definitions of "soft" terms, etc. that I can't imagine having any need to mull over, mixed with very few actual goals (goals just got a little box at the bottom right). Not my thing.

I have a whiteboard in my office. I use it to vision all the time. Having constant reinforcement helps me to stay focused. I would suggest taking the time to put one together for yourself. It does not have to be as focused as the other one you saw, but look around and you will see other examples as well.

David

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread