Search Engine Friendly GoldenCan
    I would like to know how to make the stores created with golden can Search Engine Friendly.

I know it's possible, because I found a store that's fully indexed in the SE.

Any help appreciated.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    after you create a store, coupon or search integration, click on "advanced options | getdata" and you'll see several php and asp options presented. again, easy to paste, but instead of using javascript to pull back the data (which the SEs don't see on your site), it'll pull back hard data that you can display on any pages you have that parse php or asp.

Donuts, you've done it again!

I've just started fiddling around with GoldenCan, and the one hesitation I've had for using it has been the rap I've heard on GoldenCan that it is invisible to the search engines. Most of my sites are still so low-traffic, I need all the Google help I can get.

I had heard/read somewhere on ABW that there was a GetData function to help with SEO. Not being bright enough or keen of eye, I somehow missed the whole function at the GoldenCan store building site. Duh.

I saw your post, went back to my account, built, and installed a coupon integration on one of my sites using GetData.

How bizarre that I hadn't seen that on my own. So thanks for yer post!

Gary

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    So thanks for yer post!
    you're welcome. have fun with the getdata - i use the php version myself and think it's a nice option to get seo'd when you want to.

btw, there's also times when i use the javascript version of goldencan - sometimes i want the seo to be based on JUST the wrapping content i create, instead of the product details pumped in. just wanted to say this because neither option is "better", which is best depends on what you want to do.

Hello Donuts
    Thank you for this info
    Best wishes
    Sunil

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    after you create a store, coupon or search integration, click on "advanced options | getdata" and you'll see several php and asp options presented. again, easy to paste, but instead of using javascript to pull back the data (which the SEs don't see on your site), it'll pull back hard data that you can display on any pages you have that parse php or asp.
    This is easy enough to get for a full store integration, but can you get similar code options for a sub category store? I don't see "Advanced Options: JavaScript | GetData" tabs when you go to the Sub Category for Data Feed/Store Integration section.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Donuts, thanks a lot for your help.

Adriana

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    This is easy enough to get for a full store integration, but can you get similar code options for a sub category store? I don't see "Advanced Options: JavaScript | GetData" tabs when you go to the Sub Category for Data Feed/Store Integration section.
    you should

I think it depends on how you go about getting your subcategories. If you do it the easy way where the line right underneath your store options say "Get html for subcategories" you don't see the getdata. But if you work through the drilldown by selecting categories and then subcategories and make one of them your whole store, then you have the same options as you would if you did the whole store.

You would think so, but I just checked again, and its not there.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

I just went to try my theory and that's it. There are two ways to select subcategories - right next to each other. Use the one on the same line as the drop-down menu and you can do getdata. Use the fast, easy way linked underneath the menu and you can't.

Thanks, Judi. I think I blocked out the hard, cumbersome, difficult, time-consuming way, after getting use to the quick-n-easy way. (and sorry about the QUIZ)

hehe that's ok.

The one way IS much harder, but I do like having all the options. It's just like somebody else said - you don't always want the PHP either - if there's a situation where you're going to end up with duplicate content, you probably should take the easier code. And that is what makes the easy subcategories EASY !

What I want to know is about the quiz. How do you make one like that. I have all sorts of ideas now.....

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    What I want to know is about the quiz. How do you make one like that. I have all sorts of ideas now.....
    I wish I knew, I got it third hand.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread