Blingo Bombardment
    Anyone else being bombarded by Blingo referrals...multiple hits, same IP, same exact search terms in a matter of minutes. My PPC ads are showing there from adwords and their site gives people prizes for searching and they explain they can do so because they make money when their visitors click the sponsored links. Of course, I am having to pay for those clicks that people are making just to try to win a prize...

Does Google have terms against incentivizing to get clickthroughs on AS?

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADesertRose
    Does Google have terms against incentivizing to get clickthroughs on AS?
    Yes, they most certainly do. I would report them to Adsense and Adwords. This is classic click fraud. They may as well be hiring legions of overseas "clickers".

From Adsense TOS:
    Encouraging clicks

In order to ensure a good experience for users and advertisers, publishers may not request that users click the ads on their sites or rely on deceptive implementation methods to obtain clicks. Publishers participating in the AdSense program:

* May not encourage users to click the Google ads by using phrases such as "click the ads," "support us," "visit these links," or other similar language
    * May not direct user attention to the ads via arrows or other graphical gimmicks
    * May not place misleading images alongside individual ads
    * May not promote sites displaying ads through unsolicited mass emails or unwanted advertisements on third-party websites
    * May not compensate users for viewing ads or performing searches, or promise compensation to a third party for such behavior
    * May not place misleading labels above Google ad units - for instance, ads may be labeled "Sponsored Links" but not "Favorite Sites"
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Well I contacted Google, lets see what happens. I started to wonder if they may be in the Google search network, but I wouldn't think they would allow them to basically "pay" people to search and click indiscriminately.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Went to blingo.com. The incentive is for searching rather than clicking - that's probably what Google will tell you. You find out if you win the prize immediately after searching and before you click. Still, it undermines the ppc market by getting people to search when they normally would not, resulting in untargeted traffic.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Take your ads out of the content network! Usually helps your bottom line all over too. That's what Donuts would say anyway....
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Publishers Clearing House has been strongly marketing Blingo with "search incentive prize offerings" for the last 3-4 months that I noticed anyway. I can just about imagine the caos this is causing to some marketers with common PPC keyword search phrases ... and not getting any benefit whatsoever other than loss of revenue from the "truly not interested click through participant that is hoping to win by searching & clicking".
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Thanks for all the input...think I will try taking myself out of the content network awhile and see how stats compare.

FYI, Google contacted me to let me know that Blingo is indeed in their search network so to opt out of showing ads there you have to not show on the content network. They said they would check them out for violations but I don't expect much to come of it.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread