no success with CJ
    I'd signed up with the CJ. It was almost 2 months back. To my surprise i didn't had a single sale till now. What can be the reason ? Can we get statistics for the clicks on the CJ banners?

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by innominds
    I'd signed up with the CJ. It was almost 2 months back. To my surprise i didn't had a single sale till now. What can be the reason ? Can we get statistics for the clicks on the CJ banners?
    Nobody can tell you why you're not getting a single sale. There's a ton of variables! You have a full reporting of your clicks, on banners or text links. Check your reports.
    One of the first reasons can be linked to traffic. No traffic, no click, no sale.

A lot of patience is required in this game! Heck it took me almost 6 months before I got my very first sale, and that was through a family member buying from my site . Work hard at it and the sales will come eventually. Zeus is right.. "no traffic, no clicks, no sales"!

ABW Ambassador
    I haven't had much success with banners, either.

Instead I build deep-links to products on the merchant's site. I include products that would get the most attention from my visitors, targetting the product in question to the content on the page.

For example: If I were promoting a cooking site, a recipe for a tenderloin roast would include a link to a roasting pan and an electronic thermometer; a recipe for fried chicken would include a link to a cast iron skillet, etc.

But then again, the site I focus most of my time on has a "one hit wonder" page, 80% of my traffic to that site goes to that one page. I can target those visitors with laser precision.

This only works if the CJ merchant has enabled the ability for you to set the landing page (check out the merchant's text links). If the merchant has not enabled this, find another merchant or pester the AM until the landing page parameter has been enabled.

ABW Ambassador
    I'd signed up with the CJ. It was almost 2 months back. To my surprise i didn't had a single sale till now.
    why were you surprised?

where did you get the idea, or who told you, that by signing up you'll get a sale?

inspite of what others may be saying, this business is still work. you have to work at it. although, of course, it's great being your own boss

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Watch out, within 4-6 months and if you do not have any sales, CJ will boot you from their network.
    You can have 10,000 clicks - you will be booted like me.

It's a pain to start another acct, etc

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    It was 4 months for me before I got a sale. Here are a few of the things you have to learn a lot about:

-Search Engine Optimization
    -Effective use of Pay Per Click Advertising
    -Using sub ids to track each ad or group of ads you have
    -Creating content based sites and promoting them

You should make a test purchase every 4 months or so to keep your account active if you get no sales.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

The key to making money online is advertising. If people don't see your site anywhere, they won't buy anything. Promote, Promote, Promote!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread