Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    CJ - Why No Representation at ABW??
    I'm sure that CJ employees read this forum, yet for a year or more since Todd Crawford resigned from your company, there has been no one to take his place on this forum. All of your network competitors provide one or more in-house representatives to address issues here.

Your affiliates and merchants are aware that there has been quite a bit of turnover within your company over the past year. The ill-conceived Link Management Initiative which was ultimately abandoned as a result of the intensive backfire primarily from your affiliates, but also from some merchants, as well as other issues some of us have with working with you, you've lost some credibility and some clients.

You'll find no better forum to address our concerns than right here. How about it?

ABW Ambassador
    once upon a time, cj had their own forum. it didn't work well. so now, they are allergic to forums.

we'll be the first to observe the emperor has no clothes

And all this while I thought CJ was here.. !!

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    we'll be the first to observe the emperor has no clothes
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

I think we have seen real simularities in CJ and LS after they sold off to other companies and lost their original owers/creators. It's all business now and the bottom line and little interest in what the affiliates want or need. Like many companes these days that get sold off to huge companies, the little guys that made them what they are get forgotten.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    You're right, Ron. "the little guys that made them what they are get forgotten"
    But one day, they're going to wake up with no "real" affiliate left. It did happen to LinkShare one time and Messer came back to us, begging for forgiveness and asking us to come back on board. Who's going to be next? Time are changing and it's not over. They are not alone anymore.

What's worse is that they [CJ] threaten members that they'll close their account if they post CJ ticket responses or emails on ABW. Multiple CJ people are on every day.

Todd may have been spewing the double corporate speak and spin but at least he was here and did help.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

They have the sense not to waste their time in a place where their bullshit isn't going to stick to the window.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzer
    And all this while I thought CJ was here.. !!
    Now you see the light my son.

They are on here but they are not active or members. I know some LS upper mgmt does visit ABW once in a while and I can attest to that.

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    Now you see the light my son.

They are on here but they are not active or members. I know some LS upper mgmt does visit ABW once in a while and I can attest to that.
    So, we know that CJ does not participate but lurks around.

What about Linkshare? You manage a program from there.... are they just on the watch or actively participating?

Any ideas why they do not participate (when once they do?). Perhaps too much hostility from a select few ?

Maybe it's just coincidence, but I've noticed that the the Program Managers and Affiliate Managers that actively participate here seem to be more responsive. In the past I've initiated communications (phone or e-mail) with PM's and AM's on a variety of subjects including incorrect pricing, missing payments and links not working or redirecting to the wrong page.

In almost every instance if they are active on ABW, I've gotten an almost immediate response and resolution. For those that aren't active here it's pretty much hit or miss. I either get dropped into a voice mail box and never get a returned call or a canned e-mail response that usually has nothing to do with the original issue that I brought up.

A few weeks ago I contacted a merchant who has a large number of links going to products that are no longer available and after 2 messages I've had no response and their links are still bad. YOU'D THINK THAT THEY'D WANT TO FIX THIS.

Participation on ABW seems to be good indication of how in-touch AM's and PM's are with the affiliate community (at least for me) and I feel pretty confident that they will be responsive.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Maybe it's just coincidence, but I've noticed that the the Program Managers and Affiliate Managers that actively participate here seem to be more responsive. In the past I've initiated communications (phone or e-mail) with PM's and AM's on a variety of subjects including incorrect pricing, missing payments and links not working or redirecting to the wrong page.
    Not a coincidence....
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    They have the sense not to waste their time in a place where their bullshit isn't going to stick to the window.
    Congrats, you're obviously enlightened about the true nature of things.

People who can't defend their positions / actions, avoid having the conversation.

Is a representative that necessary? If any one needs help, then why not email the support or call them ?
    And it doesn't make a network bull$hit by just not having a representative on a 3rd party forum.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    Is a representative that necessary? If any one needs help, then why not email the support or call them ?
    And it doesn't make a network bull$hit by just not having a representative on a 3rd party forum.
    It's great that apparently you've never had an issue with CJ or any of their merchants that couldn't be resolved through the normal channels; however, a lot of us have. On several occasions, I have had to ask another CJ program manager to try to resolve issues that were totally unrelated to his job because the normal channels didn't work.

There have been many instances reported here of unsatisfactory responses from CJ customer support. We need another level of oversight which has been completely ignored by CJ for more than a year now.

You've just posted on another thread that you haven't had login errors in months. The fact of the matter is that we've had dozens of reports on a weekly basis that others have, including me. Just because everything is working well for you, you shouldn't deny those of us who have legitiimate problems with CJ that need to be addressed.

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    CJ's affiliate support
    I did hear from a CJ rep that showed up to my boston affiliate marketing event that they do have 25 full time affiliate support people on staff.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by PingoPrepaidCallingCards
    I did hear from a CJ rep that showed up to my boston affiliate marketing event that they do have 25 full time affiliate support people on staff.
    Quantity is irrelevant without quality.

How about forwarding this discussion to that person?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    It's great that apparently you've never had an issue with CJ or any of their merchants that couldn't be resolved through the normal channels; however, a lot of us have. On several occasions, I have had to ask another CJ program manager to try to resolve issues that were totally unrelated to his job because the normal channels didn't work.

There have been many instances reported here of unsatisfactory responses from CJ customer support. We need another level of oversight which has been completely ignored by CJ for more than a year now.

You've just posted on another thread that you haven't had login errors in months. The fact of the matter is that we've had dozens of reports on a weekly basis that others have, including me. Just because everything is working well for you, you shouldn't deny those of us who have legitiimate problems with CJ that need to be addressed.
    You misunderstood me. I'm not taking side of CJ, nor I'm saying that CJ is a perfect network. I am saying that it is not necessary to have a representative here. And also, there is nothing like, I never had any problems with CJ.
    Yup, I do have received unsatisfactory responses from Customer Support before. But I'm always satisfied by their Phone support.
    Its CJ's decision, if they want to have a representative here, then its a plus point. If not then there is nothing wrong about it.

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    cj staff
    good point, i'm sure there reading this but my opionion is that there still trying to help, but I understand affiliates frustration.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

I know I have encouraged them numerous times to have a representative here. Todd did a great service for CJ with his presence and participation here. It really does make a difference for networks to have a closer relationship with their affiliates and merchants, and active participation on ABestWeb is certainly one of the best ways to do that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    You misunderstood me. I'm not taking side of CJ, nor I'm saying that CJ is a perfect network. I am saying that it is not necessary to have a representative here. And also, there is nothing like, I never had any problems with CJ.
    Yup, I do have received unsatisfactory responses from Customer Support before. But I'm always satisfied by their Phone support.
    Its CJ's decision, if they want to have a representative here, then its a plus point. If not then there is nothing wrong about it.
    nabeelk, you're right, it's not necessary to have a representative here, but it enhances the relationship between a network or merchant and their affiliates. It can be good indication (at least to me) of how much a network or merchant cares about the concerns of their affiliates.

I became an affiliate for the sole purpose of making money and frankly I'm going to favor those networks and merchants that help me do that. Non participatiobn doesn't make them bad. However if stats and banners is all that a network can offer me, then they will never be my first choice when I'm building a new site or looking for new merchants to add.

I want to deal with networks and merchants that are going to help me become more succesful. I have very little time to waste on those that can't or won't.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt

I became an affiliate for the sole purpose of making money and frankly I'm going to favor those networks and merchants that help me do that.

I want to deal with networks and merchants that are going to help me become more succesful. I have very little time to waste on those that can't or won't.

-rematt
    Bingo
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    It's not only ABW they avoid, they avoid all the affiliate marketing industry events also, like Affiliate Summit and EcomExpo

Their home page says to visit them at adtech - but is that "affiliate" marketing??????

Again, my opinion is they've drifted sooooooooo far from "affiliate" marketing that they're no longer an "affiliate" network.

Too true, Billy. Another case in point We're not "affiliates" to CJ. We're "publishers".
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast