Hello One and all,

I added a "Whats on in Glasgow" section to my website. I had the intro page then links to the various months. I did not put anything into them at 1st then noticed that the Googlebot had found them, now when you do a search for "Glasgow whats on" or "whats on in Glasgow" I Google is placing my pages 4th on the results page.

Now, this has caused me a lot of problems as I have now had to spend time adding information to the whats on pages, but the good side of things is that I am now getting 30 hits a day to this months whats on page. Thats more than my main page gets a day.

Anyway, my question is, with a page generating so many hits (and I hope more soon), what would be the next best step? WOuld it be worth while pushing this part of the site and seeing about getting some adverts etc from people to pay for it all?

So what would you do, if you were at my keyboard (keep it clean please), any help/advice would be appreciated.

regards John

John Dundas

Edmonton Canada
    I see you already have some hotels on your site are they paying you? if not why not join some hotel affiliate programa include car hire and flights. Also you could aproach some of the smaller local hostels/hotels and ask if they would like to advertise on your site. Do not email them, most of those type of emails go straight in the bin. Phone first then follow up with an email.

I would put very little that did not produce money on the pages that already rank with Google. Try a UK affiliates program ( have a UK branch I believe) they might have something specific to Glasgow. Good luck with your hunting hope you find something good.

Travel safe

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread