Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Search Engines Expo in NYC
    Wondering if anyone has ever attended Search Engines Strategies Expo & Conference? There's one at the Hilton in NYC in April. While I can't really afford a full conference pass I was wondering if getting an Expo only pass and checking it out is worth my time. To go I have to make arrangements for my children.
    Here's the info http://www.searchenginestrategies.com/
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Do it!
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Online Marketing Consultant
    SES is a ton of fun, as for just the exhibit hall pass, you would be able to see who is exhibiting and possibly find out what the engines are promoting as well as get deals from them on the floor.

A few of us will be lurking around SES for a couple days and I have talked to a few of the others on here from NYC and we were going to try and meet for dinner at the Italian place right by there. I cannot remember the name though. Anyways the dinner hasn't been set or anything yet either but SES is a very good conference. The floor is to just meet the engines and products to help you with and work on the engines and as I said above get coupons etc... from them.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

ABW Ambassador
    Tuscan fare at Etrusca which is in the Hilton.

Outsourced Program Manager
    I'll be there Mel! Let me know if you end up going so I can buy you a drink or lunch or both .

I registered for an Expo pass. If I can work out things I'll be there. Lunch sounds great Mike. I'll buy you a drink too Dinner might take some doing but we'll see, sounds like fun too.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy

Mellie I signed up for the expo pass myself, Hope to see you there.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Mellie I signed up for the expo pass myself, Hope to see you there.
    I should know by tonight which day I'll be able to go. Be great to meet up with you too.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

The 11th is a longer day to visit.

That's the day we'll be there.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Does anyone know of a hotel by the NYC hilton which is safe, secure within walking distance?
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

You sound like you're afraid of NYC

Just don't look up at the tall buildings it's a dead give away.

Mind your own biz no one will bother you. Any hotel in that area is fine, safe, don't worry.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

W
    Stay at "The W". The rooms are great compared to others, with modern furnishings and a bit larger. Well worth it. It's about 6 or blocks away from the Hilton. Not bad for walking. Plus, you never know who you'll see. I was in the elevator with Aaron Neville and his posse once during adtech.

Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

Quote Originally Posted by PetsWarehouse.com
    You sound like you're afraid of NYC

Just don't look up at the tall buildings it's a dead give away.

Mind your own biz no one will bother you. Any hotel in that area is fine, safe, don't worry.

Not afraid at all, I partially grew up in Detroit. NYC just isn't my preference anymore. I used to head up there for years to go to Limelight, Tunnel, Splash and parties like Boo each halloween, accept for I think it was Boo 6 was in spring instead. Anyways, I just don't want to end up in the ghetto like I did before. =0)

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    Does anyone know of a hotel by the NYC hilton which is safe, secure within walking distance?
    1335 Avenue of the Americas is a very nice area [West 53rd Street and Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue) ]

You want something nice and affordable in walking distance? Try:

RADIO CITY APARTMENTS
    142 West 49th Street
    New York, NY 10019
    212-730-0728 or
    1-(877)921-9321 (U.S Only)
    Fax# 212-921-0572
    res@radiocityapartments.com
    http://radiocityapartments.com/

"...located in the heart of the city on 49th street, between 6th and 7th Avenues. You can safely walk just a few minutes to Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Fifth Avenue Shopping, Radio City Music Hall, the Theater District, MOMA and many, many more attractions..."

West 49th to West 53rd is a really easy walk.
    It's a nice area, lots of tourists
    Last edited by Rhia7; March 29th, 2007 at 05:08 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Radio city apartments are sold out during SES =0(. Thank you for the suggestion though =0). They look cool and are pretty cheap.

Radio city apartments are sold out during SES =0(. Thank you for the suggestion though =0). They look cool and are pretty cheap.
    I actually stayed there once
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I notice the Expo is suggesting Park Central @ 87th
    Hey, if you'd be willing to go uptown 34 blocks, why not go downtown 18 blocks to one of the most convenient locations: http://www.hotelpenn.com/index.html

Hotel Pennsylvannia is a budget hotel but I stayed there twice to go shopping at Macy's Herald Square with out of town girl friends & I had fun there

Hotel Pennsylvannia is very easy to get to because it's so close to Penn Station and it's a darn fun location because it's in the center of everything and there's so much to see and do and it's near the central subways -- you can't get more convenient to NYC action -- restaurants, bars, shopping, theatres etc.

Here's an informative review:
    http://nymag.com/listings/hotel/id8g/
    Last edited by Rhia7; March 29th, 2007 at 05:37 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Note to self, Rhia7 makes one heck of a travel agent for NYC. =0) Thank you for the help.

Roosevelt Hotel
    http://www.theroosevelthotel.com/

Madison Avenue and 45th Street in midtown New York City

Great area -- it's closer to Grand Central but it's still easy to walk from 45th to 53rd It's more expensive than Radio City Apartments or Hotel Penn but it's in a great & convenient area too.

Most hotels convenient to the area of the Expo will be on the expensive side.
    I'd suggest a look through hotel.com and plug in addresses to see what you get.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Handy New York Hotel Comparison Guide
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Ultra Cheap Hostel in a nice area
    West Side YMCA http://www.hostels.com/en/availabili...stelNumber.831
    The West Side Y, located just off Central Park West in a European landmark style building, is steps away from Lincoln Center, Broadway, American Museum of Natural History and the attractions of the upper West Side of Manhattan.
    10023 is a "nice" zip code
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

SES is a ton of fun, as for just the exhibit hall pass, you would be able to see who is exhibiting and possibly find out what the engines are promoting as well as get deals from them on the floor.
    $795 for a one day pass? I would hope it would be fun & more!
    I live in New York but I am not going to pay $795 to get into a Hilton Hotel exhibit

The most fun I ever had was at an Internet Expo back in January 1996 at the Jacob Javitz Center. I still wear one of the t-shirts I was given there to the gym
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

It's not Walking distance but you can take a subway
    If you are looking for a different NYC experience try:

St. Mark's Hotel
    2 St. Mark's Place
    New York, NY 10003

Phone: (212)674-0100
    Fax: (212)420-0854
    email: stmarkshotel@aol.com
    http://www.stmarkshotel.qpg.com/

St. Mark's Place used to be on the edge (there was a time I wouldn't go there alone) but now it's really tame and fun -- lots of different restaurants -- there's one restaurant after the other on this interesting street.
    I hang out at the Yaffa Cafa & I also like the BBQs on 2nd Ave & St. Marks but there are lots and lots of fun restaurants and shops on that street
    This is your chance to see the East Village if you are from out of town and it's so easy to get a subway to any other destination in NYC

Go to Trash Vaudville where Avril LaVigne buys her costumes for her music videos. There are autographed posters of Avril in the shop.
    Last edited by Rhia7; March 29th, 2007 at 06:18 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Well I learned a lot about NYC hotels and I live here lol

If all else is sold out try the metroplotian hotel I think its at 49th and lexington. short walk across town. I have stayed there once or twice.

Rhia the Pennsylvania was a good hotel? I have a nightmare story from a while ago when I stayed there.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Rhia the Pennsylvania was a good hotel? I have a nightmare story from a while ago when I stayed there.
    I think it's a good budget hotel. I stayed in a room with an out of town girl friend in order to go shopping for clothes in Macy's and on 7th Ave. twice -- we also saw a movie and ate in nearby restaurants.

I'm sorry your experience wasn't good.

You want something near the Expo, perfect and very expensive? Try the Helmsley Palace Hotel and complain to Leona if anything is a tad off
    Last edited by Rhia7; March 29th, 2007 at 06:44 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast