Forum Sig has just gone!
    Hi,

Didn't know where to post this, so if it is in the wrong thread then please PM me the answer and then delete this post.

Anyway, I hadn't used these forums for a good few months and have come back today. I updated my signature by shortening it, but keeping the 3 or 4 links that I currently had there and then just started posting replies to posts that I wanted to contribute to.

I have now noticed that my signature has gone from all of the posts and there is no link in my User CP anymore so that I can edit it. Why has this happened, if I have to many links then I didn't know as I just kept the number of links in the sig that I have always had and I see many others having more links than me.

If I can't have a sig, then what's the point in me using these forums. I feel that having a signature in the forum is a way of giving me credit back for giving good advice in the forums. If there is no sig then I may aswells just use the more larger forums.

Hope you can help me out with this.

OK!

Read the rules again and I can clearly say that I have not broken any of them when it comes to the signature.

Here are the rules

Signatures must not be greater than three lines of text and may not contain links to any adult or otherwise offensive websites (in our sole opinion). Images are Not allowed in signatures, nor are any affiliate link(s) or any keyword stuffing attempts. Any signatures, that violate these rules will be deleted without notice and your signature right will be removed. ABESTWEB may allow merchants to have a larger signature for their full contact information, this is on a case by case basis and may be withdrawn at anytime without notice.

OK, my signature was 2 lines or may have been 3, I am not quite sure. It didn't contain any links to adult or offensive sites, and if you think so then you need to look again as these are all family friendly and I don't like adult sites myself. I had not affiliate links in the sig. Now keyword stuffing may have been the cause, but I wouldn't say it was keyword stuffing myself.

I had a link like

That was something like my sig, now if you call that keyword stuffing, then it's up to you, but affiliate programs is what the site is about, web hosting directory is exactly what that site is, free online games is exactly what that site offers and is, product price comparision is exactly what that site is.

I feel that my sig was deleted for no reason and my rights have gone mistakenly and if I don't receive them back then I feel that you don't want me to use your forums anymore as you don't want to give me credit back for me giving credit to your forums.

If this is true then I will no longer use these forums and use the larger forums that just provide the information that I want anyway.

Oh yeah well I agree with that... I belong to other bigger forums and I would just go there first

Quote Originally Posted by john9245
    If there is no sig then I may aswells just use the more larger forums.
    That attitude is upsetting.

If you do a search, you'll find around twenty-nine million posts regarding the sig rules, which are in short: You get one when Haiko (site owner/admin) decides you should have one.

On a related note, I did see you bumping a multitude of older threads today, one right after the other, which I personally do not care for.

Sure, contribute your thoughts and insights, but do it when the issue is fresh and current. It kinda looks as though you're just trying to up your post count by doing this, which is a no no.

The attitude that my sig got removed is more upsetting. My sig didn't break the rules and was there and I post today for the first time in a while as I wanted to contribute and then it gets removed for me helping these forums out.

Quote Originally Posted by adambha
    On a related note, I did see you bumping a multitude of older threads today, one right after the other, which I personally do not care for.
    About older threads. When going through each forum I didn't even click on the pageination down the bottom of the page to go onto the 2nd page of threads. I just kept on the first page and just replied and read the posts that I know about. I don't think they were more than 3 months old which I consider is not old when there are only about 1 - 3 posts on them forums per month. So if I replied to threads that were 3 months old or nearly 3 months old that is only because there where not many threads in that forums which was the main reason why I thought it would be best to contribute to them so that they looked more active. So I guess helping you guys out is something that you don't like.

Also, new and oldish threads all give information. It all helps your end user. There are always people looking at the older threads to get information, this happens alot when they use a search box on a forum. The more information your users get whether it is an new or an old thread will help them out further.

ABW Ambassador
    "If I can't have a sig, then what's the point in me using these forums."

Um learning? Sharing? You saying that and it reads your sole reason of being here is to have a sig. If that's the case, cya.

Affiliate Programs Directory - lists over 1600 affiliate programs
    Web Hosting Directory | Product Price Comparison | Free Online Games
    Sure looks like blatent keyword stuffing to me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

OK!

I don't know what you call bumping threads, but some of the threads did start last year sometime, but I only replied to them because the last posts were created by others on them threads this year. The oldest post that was posted before one of my posts on any of the threads of February 21st. lol

Now I wouldn't call that old would you? I would call them threads still active and was the only reason for me posting in them. Also my post may not be long, but I like to get to the point as there is no point in rambling on.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Sure looks like blatent keyword stuffing to me.
    That is not keyword stuffing.

If you had a web hosting directory what would you call it. I would call it a web hosting directory as everybody knows it this way.

If you had a site with that just offers free games that you can play online, then I would just give it a link "free online games" or "play free online games"

These are not link stuff. I just like to keep links sort as possible as it doesn't make the forums look untidy.

Also, I have had this signature since I have been a member and it has only changed very slightly over time. Now if it didn't get deleted ever since I have had it since 2005 when I joined these forums and have only got deleted today because of keyword stuffing then what does that tell you.

The sig has been only for nearly 2 years and has only been deleted today. It has given me the wrong impression that the sig was fine, which I still think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    "If I can't have a sig, then what's the point in me using these forums."

Um learning? Sharing? You saying that and it reads your sole reason of being here is to have a sig. If that's the case, cya.
    No, what I am saying is that there are other forums that just gives as much and even much better information to what I am looking for and they offer a sig, so what would be the point of me and other people that have a site that would also like to get something back from a forum using these forums when they can use the others, just learn what they need from them and also get credit for having the link back to their site.

It is an incentive. Help your users out and they will help you out in return. This helps to bring new users to your site. If I was to spam then don't you think I would have just put links directly into the posts. I have been using forums for over 5 years now. I know the rights and wrongs of using forums.

I know there is alot of problems with forum spamming, but I don't think it is right to take it out on the people that do actually generally post and don't have spam in their posts.

ABW Ambassador
    But you don't generally post. Last time before today was once in December and before that back in May of 2006. So before today 1 post in the last 10 months. Members who have been here awhile and participate on a normal basis have sigs. That's just the rules here.

Yes your keyword spam was removed, if it bothers you then yes, please go elsewhere, we've already seen your impetus.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by john9245
    That is not keyword stuffing.

If you had a web hosting directory what would you call it. I would call it a web hosting directory as everybody knows it this way.

If you had a site with that just offers free games that you can play online, then I would just give it a link "free online games" or "play free online games"
    I realize that this thread is closed, but I wanted to respond to this point so that the distinction is clear to everyone else. Look at my signature, for instance. "Amazing-Bargains.com" is the name of my site. That's what I use for the link text. If I were to use "coupons" or "online coupons" or "best coupon site" for the link text, that would be keyword stuffing.

I would like nothing more than for you to stick around and be a productive member of the forum. I think you've made it pretty clear that you're just posting to drop your signature links, though. You won't get signature rights that way.

I should also point out that there are probably others we haven't caught yet who are keyword stuffing in their signatures or who have inappropriate signatures. Be forewarned. Get it in compliance before a moderator notices or someone reports it. If we catch it before you change it on your own, your signature will be removed and your signature rights will be revoked without warning. It's your responsibility to know the Forum Rules.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

14. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread