CPM ads. Who to use?
    I have never looked into before but it is starting to look more and more like this is the direction I will need to go in with a certain site.

So - any information and recommendations would be appreciated, for either per-display or per-popup with no nasties.

And please don't say Valueclick
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

i would recomend tribal fusion as your main one then casalmedia to fill up the blank spots (default spots)

If you sign up for casalmeia want to use my referal code

I'm going to spend some time looking around, but if I decide to sign up for that I'll hit you up first. Thanks.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

Tribal Fusion is the highest paying one,
    There are a few others such a rydium (pays low), and cpxinteractive (pays low), advertising.com. specificmedia.com (pays low)

Avoid anyone that uses yieldmanager as they tend to pay shitty rates

You want to set it up to have a high paying network such s tribal fusion, then follow it up so that your dealts are with a second network probably casalmedia they pay good but not as high as tribal.

So you set you tribal ads to deault to casal when the inventory is low, then you set the casal to default t another network when their inventory is low.

I have 6 networks and they all default to the second lowest.

ABW Ambassador
    You can also try google adsense and allow graphical ads. I was surprised at how well they performed on a site of mine. Did horrible on another, so test them, but they are worth a shot.

Chet

Hi, HardwareGeek why do you recommend tribal fusion? Isn,t it just for a really high traffic. (I tried them 5 years ago, made nothing)

When visiting your site Tribal Fusion Ad's were targeted to my Country, but at the same time did not really target your site. ie.: DVD rentals, IQ quiz.

Well maybe a quiz but not a random one. So my question is do you make more money with Tribal Fusion, more than any other advertiser?

If yes then we are in deep trouble.

Sites such as yours provide countless people with straight forward information on PC's. Yet the payout is a minuscule fraction of what the print media gets WHY.

Another question for the AM's

I don't know about 5 yeas ago as I have only been using them a year, but they have catergories and place your site in one or many catergoris and target your uses that way.

I make pretty good money with them, more than CPA and CPL programs, but I realy don't promote many CPA and CPL programs.

But at the same time with a CPM program you have to know how to set defaults so that there is always an ad displayed and not a blan spot or PSA ad.

TribalFusion and Valueclick for your first few impressions, then anyone else you can find.

Check out RMX direct. They allow ad networks to compete for every impression. They say they can provide a 100% fill rate and get you the highest CPM's for your remnant inventory. I've used them and they are a really cool system so far.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

ABW Ambassador
    Jason, can you control RMX direct at all? Choose/block ads? Because I wouldn't want half those networks on my sites... that is always the problem I keep running into. CPMs that have too many craptastic email trap or adware trick banners. I don't want to promise anyone a free ipod, claim they are X number to my site, offer some service for an email address, etc, etc....

chetf, my sentiments exactly. I feel those networks (TribalFusion et.) are nothing but email harvesters.

Chet -

Yeah, you can. They have very good controls. I actually just dug into them the other day because I didn't want to see those free crap ads anymore. You can edit things out based on very specific categories.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

I used TribalFusion when they first launched (maybe in 2000?) and was quite happy with the results from a series of $1 CPM "run-of-category" campaigns.

However, TribalFusion now has a very high monthly-minimum-buy requirement, so unless you are willing to invest $10,000 on a test campaign, they are simply not an option.

From an advertisers perspective this might be the case. As a publisher though their payouts seem pretty high
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    I used TribalFusion when they first launched (maybe in 2000?) and was quite happy with the results from a series of $1 CPM "run-of-category" campaigns.

However, TribalFusion now has a very high monthly-minimum-buy requirement, so unless you are willing to invest $10,000 on a test campaign, they are simply not an option.
    Only 10k that ain't bad with the number of quality sites they can deliver your ad too.

I do love some of their 17 - 50 dollar CPM ads MMMMM mucho dinero

I hate those tribal fusino pop ups so they will never be on any site I own and when I see them I leave the site asap.

David like chet says adsense cpm just takes some testing
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

nyfalcon wrote: > "David like chet says adsense cpm just takes some testing." <

"Some testing" is a real understatement.

Running CPM ads on AdSense requires a huge time committment to evaluate sites before launch, and to constantly monitor and measure and adjust the ongoing campaigns. In my experience, the vast majority of AdSense sites that generate inventory for a CPM buy will be displaying your ad "below the fold" (not visible to most site visitors who don't scroll down), usually with CTR far below 0.1%; other sites have multiple placements so that some ad blocks appear above the fold (for example, on the home page), but others appear below the fold (on the pages that actually generate the majority of available inventory).

There are definitely some good opportunities with CPM advertising using AdSense, but it can take many, many hours to filter out the dreck and monitor the remaining campaigns closely, before you achieve positive ROI.

I'm talking from a publisher end, not an advertiser end.

I need to monetize a non-sales site that is getting craploads of traffic.

davidh...PM me if you have specific questions. I've been researching this very thing.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread