Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    When the going gets tough.........I hyperventilate
    So it's not hard to see I'm a newbie at affiliate marketing, I'm trying to learn! Honestly I am

As I cruise through the forum I see these locked threads where a newbie came in and tried to tell you, the pros, how to do it. And that, in turn, makes it scary for me to want to ask questions cuz I don't want to be percieved as too green.

All I want to do is write educational material for clients, maybe be able to pay off my student loans in the process and (Oh fabulous! This has a hole in it! How can I control oxygen saturation properly with a ripped bag?)learn the tricks of the trade.

I can't figure out how to use PHP, there are only so many ways to simplify the concept of Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia in an article and I just had a dog breeder tell me I know nothing about whelping, even though we were in the clinic at 2am performing a c-section because the owner left the dog in labor for 6 hours between puppies.

I'm tired, out of coffee and it's getting hard to type in the fetal position while holding this . Maybe I should go fishing! Ever have days like this?

Cheers!
    Amy
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Amy,

We've all been new at something or other. Take it one step at a time and you'll be fine. Each time I think I have a pretty good handle on everything, something new comes along to keep me on top of my game. I'll never know everything, and I suppose if that were ever to be the case, life would be quite boring.

As for the locked newbie threads, those that I've come across were locked for a reason - either they were spamming the forum with bogus recommendations or having an issue with a company not directly related to affiliate marketing. So, feel free to ask away. There are so many members here well-versed in just about anything you need that someone is bound to offer advice, encouragement, sympathy or whatever else you may need at the time.

Good luck to you. I look forward to your future posts here on ABW.

Take care,
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

ABW Ambassador
    Amy it sounds like you're having a bad day all the way around - not just with affiliate marketing. I have never seen a sincere question get flamed here. In the past few years I've asked quite a few myself.

AM is one of those fields where you have to tolerate a whole lot of learning frustration, because there are few if any resources that tie every aspect of it together. I've done this by taking baby steps. I designed the most basic of websites, put up some simple products and wrote marketing copy for it. Watched how it worked and each day learned something new. And have tinkered and rewritted, tested, and done some more. I enjoy that sort of thing so it's been okay. If some technique is beyond me, I've generally found that there is an easier way to do a comparable task. If I really can't do a task, I've found that there are so many ways to make $$$ in affiliate marketing tht I drop that strategy and move on to another.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and hope your vet practice chills out -it sounds like a very rewarding career.

I'm tired, out of coffee and it's getting hard to type in the fetal position while holding this . Maybe I should go fishing! Ever have days like this?
    There are days when fishing is the only option. Those threads are here, too. One of the thing we all recognize is the feeling of being overwhelmed. There's too many things to learn and never any time to stop and do it. Just keep going - one foot in front of the other.

It won't be long before you discover that there are a few people here who will help and teach you by what they post. Then you can breeze in, read their take on what's happening and get back to work.

Depending on your clients, you might want to start the education with easier topics, but don't dumb down what you know either. Today's probably not the right day to bring this up, but you might have a perfect niche for using video. Another day - another project.

Go fishing today. Or take a nap. But don't quit! We've all been where you are and we're all still here.

Welcome!

Thanks for the pep talk all! It always makes for a rough next day after a night of surgery The funny thing is, I left private practice a year ago! I go in and assist whenever my BFF(she's still an assosiate vet at the clinic we worked together at) has an after hour emergency. Keeps my skills sharp and gives me my "tech" fix.

Ugh, yes client education. That's the whole purpose of our site and it can be a delicate subject when dealing with breeders, trainers and rescues. While they have the best intentions at heart, I think they sometimes forget that we deal with medicine EVERY day on multiple species, breeds, temperments and conditions. It's frustrating when they ask for our help and then tell us we're idiots because they didn't like the advice or the fact that a clinic has to charge money for it's services. but enough about that, it happens in any industry.lol

So we have anglers here too huh? I knew I'd LOVE it here! I just returned a few weeks ago from a $400 spending spree at Cabela's and think today is the perfect day to use my new pro tacklebag! (yes, I bought that $45 dollar one with cellphone holder.....I had to have it!) I have lures to match every outfit I own, hey I'm still a girl at heart!lol

Thanks again all.........I'm done hyperventilating, at least until I realize I may have left my cooler somewhere!
    Take Care!
    Amy

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Yoga. Meditation.

And if that doesn't work I sit in the woods and throw rocks at trees. Poor trees. At least they don't take it personally.

yoga....ewwwwww, I mean it works, but ouch!!!! It looks like it would be low impact but it makes you heart in areas I don't think is natural to hurt! lol

I also ditto the woods. But I hug the trees.......yes my parents were hippies. Thankfully I ended up with the name I have because it was almost Cassaundra Fauna Star, thank god for c-sections and anesthesia, my mom found Amy Sue much easier to spell.lol

Cheers
    Amy

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread