ABW Ambassador
    Microsoft To Buy Doubleclick?

I was just talking about this exact thing today. Thanks for posting it!

If I have any say in it, I would surely buy up Doubleclick which owns CJ (right?). With google dominating the online media, if Microsoft's .net strategy or Yahoo! were to survive, they better be gobbling up some other successful media companies right now before it's too late.

ABW Ambassador
    Doubleclick owns Performics, Valueclick owns CJ.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    If it means Performics will no longer be #1 in how long it takes to be paid , then I am 100% in favor of it. As it stands now, they are even far worse about paying than Linkshare. I am still waiting for money from October.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

I wouldn't expect any change in how long it takes to get paid. That's the merchants, not the network. I have some Performics merchants who pay quick and others who pay slow.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    I still remember how Microsoft killed one of the first online advertising company, they were the leader in banner exchange. (it was the top in the 90, doesn't sound great now) I don't remember their name but that company started maybe the first affiliate network, ClickTrade.
    Before MS got involved it was pretty slick, then all the "B Central" garbage screwed it up. They closed the door in 2001 but the program was dead long before.
    I'm not so sure Microsoft is able to run Doubleclick and Performics.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Thanks, great find Trust. Still remember that post of yours from yesterday on the 'Epic 2015' video where google is competing with MS and on this very same posible future nework topic.

It could be a bright "Affiliate Marketing" future, but with MS and so many negatives on there side, like with IE and others issues, it could be risky for them learning how to run a performance network.

ABW Ambassador
    What is MS Buying
    The future for Performics really depends on what Microsoft thinks it is buying. If Microsoft is buying DoubleClick because they want Performics and want to get into and to promote affiliate marketing, then the future might be bright for Performics. If they are buying DoubleClick for its position in the ad delivery business and see Performics as some sort of hideous cancerous growth on the double click ad network, then the future is not bright for us affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I still remember how Microsoft killed one of the first online advertising company, they were the leader in banner exchange. (it was the top in the 90, doesn't sound great now) I don't remember their name but that company started maybe the first affiliate network, ClickTrade.
    Before MS got involved it was pretty slick, then all the "B Central" garbage screwed it up. They closed the door in 2001 but the program was dead long before.
    I'm not so sure Microsoft is able to run Doubleclick and Performics.
    Damn you! I had finally gotten "B Central" out of my mind and now its back...

I think you meant LinkExchange. That's why free-banners got a breathing space. Thanks to microsoft!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, LinkExchange. Amazingly enough, I just killed a LinkExchange banner I had up on my first site not too long ago (that I'd been leaving mainly for nostalgia reasons). It was still showing ads!

But even if someone, somewhere, was showing mine in return, I remember that my first banner-making attempt was awful, and once LE was B-Centralized I never could get back in again to upload a new one. So I figured it was really no loss.

15 years and counting
    That's it. LinkExchange, LE. I saw one of these banners not so long ago and it was still showings ads. It was reciprocal links. The guy who started that was quite a pioneer.

Ah LinkExchange ... old times, old times.

I remember when LE was fizzling out I found V3 on CJ and bought ads with them --- man did those crank out sales.

Back on topic - I seriously think MSN is hedging Google's positioning. I wonder what steps yahoo will now take?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Unless this foolish day hit mainstream media as well, it looks like Google is in on the Doubleclick bidding: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070402/...lick_google_dc

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I wonder what this means for Performics' future...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Goog Takes Over the World ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread