Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I've reviewed a bunch of threads and have attempted to bring together all the nominations for representatives. Nominations have been posted all over the boards and I've made every effort to track them down.

If I missed someone's name you nominated, please let me know and I'll add it to the list. If you are on the list but can not attend the meeting, please let me know and your name will be removed. Please be sure that you can attend if you are on the nominated list in case you win. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I don't think anyone is going to want to go through the voting process twice. Finally, if you are on the declined list but have changed your mind, let me know and I'll change that also.

If there is still someone you want to nominate, better do it now! Voting will commence soon. We have got to get our delegates chosen so they can prepare and make travel arrangements.

Nominee's (who haven't declined to go):

buckworks (Elisabeth)
    Haiko (he has agreed to go)
    Heyder
    Connie Berg
    Shawn Collins
    Eaglefire

Nominated but have declined:
    Leader
    Cedric
    Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
    Icicle (i'm kind of assuming here from alias posts)
    BLFH I have to decline since I'm unable to be away right now and anyway there are better qualified people on the list. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    markymark
    canfree
    EcomCity (aka Webmaster Mike)

Ok everybody lets get this lined out and our delegates named and on their way!

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

[This message was edited by BLFH on October 11, 2002 at 10:49 PM.]

[This message was edited by BLFH on October 12, 2002 at 09:51 PM.]

[This message was edited by BLFH on October 12, 2002 at 09:56 PM.]

[This message was edited by BLFH on October 14, 2002 at 04:20 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    A correction: "bucksworth" should be "buckworks"

Thank you for this, BLFH!

Sorry about that. I must have had pancake syrup on the brain when I typed that. But I did get the "s" right. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm going .... who is going to be my partner?

I want Elisabeth!

I'd like to see donation links to pay for her trip on all member sites.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    I'm going .... who is going to be my partner?

I want Elisabeth!

I'd like to see donation links to pay for her trip on all member sites.

&lt;font size="2" face="Verdana"&gt;Haiko_

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli_&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt;<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll donate some ebates coupons which BuckWorks can use at Expedia [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You'll have to ask Ebates for a donation, they have all my money. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And besides, the vote hasn't even begun.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

What are the costs involved for Elizabeth?

Links on my site would be inappropriate and incongruous.

Non-the-less I would want to help in some way.
    We could perhaps make a donation of a percentage of last months commissions. That way the ones with the most to gain or lose will be doing the most to help.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Will you be setting up a Paypal or 2checkout account for this Haiko? Let us know what to link to. Maybe Alexbet could come up with a nice baneer or button for this.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We could perhaps make a donation of a percentage of last months commissions. That way the ones with the most to gain or lose will be doing the most to help.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I was thinking of a regular % donation until this is completed. This way we would not miss the money and the fund would build up fairly good.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Donations -

Maybe post an Address or post office box number, an all the members of Abw could send a buck or two, that could turn into a nice chunk of change?

"It's your foot, you can shoot it if you want to." ~ Me

Yeah I would rather donate than try an raise money from my users.

ABW Ambassador
    Uh, who nominated me ? That's very flattering, but I don't have the time to travel across to the States and I'm not the best person for the job. So, I decline too.

My vote goes to Buckworks, though.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

marky,

Your named has been removed. I don't remember who nominated you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I'm deciding to decline my nomination as well. Due to personal matters I'll be unavailable for the event.

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open." Thomas Dewar

Canfree,

Taken care of. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Just a note:
    The trip can be written off as a tax deduction.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Just a note, we are in the middle of Oct and time is running out! When are we going to vote, and set up funding for those going? Who ever it is that is going needs time to prepare. Are we still submitting papers?
    Cazzie

ABW Ambassador
    Does the fact that some of the people (yes, that's plural) on the list of nominees have been blocked from posting present a major complication? They cannot post to either decline or confirm their willingness to let their names stand.

What does that do to the integrity of our discussion process here?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buckworks.com:
    Does the fact that some of the people (yes, that's plural) on the list of nominees have been blocked from posting present a major complication? They cannot post to either decline or confirm their willingness to let their names stand.

What does that do to the integrity of our discussion process here?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I had the same thought.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing
    "Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

ABW Ambassador
    I was wondering the same thing...and if would they even still be interested in representing ABW and affiliates if they can't even post here.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

I am personally aware of 2 of the names being blocked, one on each list. I have no way of contacting these individuals directly. If anyone knows how to contact them and wishes to do so that would be appreciated. The information could be then be forwarded to me and whatever adjustments to the list can be made.

I would like to see the voting start sometime today and tomorrow at the latest. I know there have been some concerns in the past on how the voting should occur to assure it's intergrity. I think Haiko had posted that he could set it up someway to make sure only one vote per person happened. Since I'm not sure how all that works, I'm not going to be doing anything with setting it up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Shawn Collins is already in NYC and wouldn't have to travel. Just a thought to keep in mind.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    If there is going to be a vote for two of the nominees, will there first be a chance for each nominee to explain why they think they should be chosen, so all can make an informed choice?

I think it would be helpful to know the level of experience in the industry for each potential representative.

After all, having the choice to pick two of the nominees on the list isn't meaningful if it isn't informed.

Shawn Collins

scollins@clubmom-inc.com
    Director of Affiliate Marketing
    ClubMom, Inc.
    200 Madison Avenue, 6th Floor
    New York, New York 10016
    tel 646.435.6513
    fax 646.435.6600
    http://www.clubmomaffiliates.com

ABW Ambassador
    Shawn, you are free to post that type of information. So am I. But not everyone is.

Others on that list of nominees have been muzzled, either blocked from posting or else banned altogether (or so I have been told by those people privately). There is no way to know how many others might have been muzzled. The silence around here is deafening lately.

I have serious concerns about both the integrity and the credibility of this nominations discussions process (I use the word loosely, more loosely every day, I'm afraid).

For the record, even though he mentioned my name I had nothing to do with Haiko's statement that he is going, and am frankly puzzled by it. He has said numerous times that he would not go, and in fact said some harsh things to me about it in private contexts. If he has received an invitation outside the confines of this nominations "process" he should let us know that. If he hasn't, the most he can say at this point is that he is "willing" to go.

I’m getting more and more uneasy here ...

ABW Ambassador
    Just a reminder to everyone that I need names by the 18th of this month. Time is very short.

This community needs to move forward quickly with their delegates. All delegates will be responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses.

Also please find a note on the Opinion Papers format below, I posted earlier but am posting again and will do so over the next few days.

Given the practical limitations of this meeting the general affiliate and merchant population are being asked to present brief opinion papers regarding the use of software applications within performance marketing.

The themes in these papers will be verbally summarized by the affiliate delegates during the meeting on the date outlined below. In addition to this summary the delegates will provide the submitted opinion papers in one comprehensive format for the use of meeting participants.

Opinion Papers must include:

Author: First and Last name in the upper left-hand margin.
    Business Title: Below the name in the upper left-hand margin.
    Company Name: Name of the company or web property represented by the author.

Summary: Brief summary not to exceed 500 words outlining the author’s views on the impact of software applications as they apply to online performance marketing. Software applications might include: shopping “toolbars” installed over the browser, the use of reminder applications in the form of pop-ups or docked inside the browser, the ability for applications to over-write or append data unto encoded tracking links and for any future technology not yet created or currently in development.

Papers should be delivered in text format to: Delegates Names to be announced.

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.
    http://www.afftrack.com
    http://www.revtrends.com
    Advanced & Automated Data Analysis for Performance Marketers.

I'm all for Shawn and Elisabeth.

Now, how do we get the voting started? We could debate the mechanism here all week and get nowhere. As Haiko has been nominated, I don't think people would think it is appropriate that the voting take place here (in light of some of Buckworks comments and those made by others). But where or how else could we do it? If it is not out in the open where everyone can see, then how do we know it has not been tampered with AND, if out in the open, people may not vote for fear of being criticized.

I can't think of any way of doing it. Anyone have any ideas?

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing
    "Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast