Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Incredimail
    When actively participating in these forums......should one turn off their puppy
    dog or e-mail burping goldfish notifiers? I have noticed both are working overtime and need fluids...STAT!

In all seriousness, is it easier to turn off instant e-mail notifier in the CP and just check the Control Panel for new posts? My poor little burping goldfish is just worn out! That and my dog won't stop barking at the burping sound!
    Last edited by rgrsgrl; March 28th, 2007 at 03:48 PM. Reason: spelling
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Your posts always crap me up! What a great addition you are to the ABW family!

Sandee
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

It's probably easier (and less intrusive) if you create a shortcut to this page: New Posts

Then you can view all of the latest posts and select the ones you want to read. Click refresh to ..., well "Refresh" on the forum bar or click the new post count on the same bar that the User CP is on to get new posts.

You can also mark all read by selecting (you guessed it) "Mark All Read" on the forum bar.

Have Fun

-rematt
    Last edited by rematt; March 28th, 2007 at 04:47 PM.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

All you have to do is change your default Tread Subscription Mode, in Edit Options in the User CP, to "No Email Notification"

When I first started here, I didn't even know I was getting those emails until I logged into my email and had about 50 notifications from every thread I had posted to for every new post by any user. Woof.

ok, I'll do that remattm thanks!

You scared me for a minute there Beach! I thought you had said all my posts were crap to you.....I was like ouch!!!!! LOL, no worries, I re-edit so many of my posts for spelling it's not even funny.
    Thanks so much ya'll.....I feel happy here (hence the reason I've spent all day posting in here instead of fishing) but I'm taking the day off tomorrow.....you just watch, I will!

xoxoxoxo

lol, thanks Bg,,,,doing it as we speak....poor little fishy. I was absent the day we covered aquatics.

I've been enjoying your posts and I think you'll be a nice addition to the family. Have you seen the old thread where we all posted the photos of our pets? Geno awarded a custom nesting doll set to the winner, I think.

Anyway - I posted to let you know that you can set your email preferences to whatever you want. I get one set of notices every night, which gives me a chance to make sure I didn't miss anything. I also use the new posts links, which cuts down on scrolling and lets me pick and choose. I didn't know about that link until a month ago and I've been here for years.

No I haven't seen the thread for pet photos....please share!!!

I love seeing pics of people's pets. I even named my stethoscope after a favorite patient.

Finally found it. I was searching photo contests and got caught up in the baby pictures all over again. Actually, there are some really cute pet photos in the baby picture thread, too.

here's the pet photo thread:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...+photo+contest

awwwwwww factor super high! I loved all the photos

I was going through them while drinking my coffee saying "I want a chameleon, I want a pug, I want another lab, I need another cat;you can never have too many cats! I want a labradoodle......" I think the husband finally got tired of saying 'NO!"

I would post some pics of my babies, but I may use up all the banwidth!lol

My avatar is a pic of my pride and joy, Zans Two Sal Kahlua...aka "Satan's Pony"
    She's my Quarter Horse yearling. I'm learning the hard way about training young horses but I'm fortunate that Kahlua and I have a very strong bond. She's an only horse so therefore SPOILED! I purchased her while she was still nursing and brought her home the day after they pulled her for weaning.
    She's convinced she's my weanling and I now have a 900lb labrador on my hands
    She pouts if I don't take her across the street with me, licks like a dog, tries to get in the car with me and chases trucks when they drive by (she thinks they want to race)
    Thanks for sharing all the pics! Love them!!

I personally love the email notifications...but that's just me. And I guess that's why you can turn them off!
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

I changed mine to something simple, now it's that puter font thingy that types out "message waiting"
    I completely forgot about it and went it popped up it scared the yayas out of me! I thought I had just been hacked or something......lol
    The notifiers are too much fun, I just have to remember which one I'm using and be prepared!! LOL

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread